$50 for a "small favor"

Benjamin M

Dropped off in the hood, went offline but saw that there was decent surge so I went online and took the next ping - back downtown. Biotechnology center, usually a decent trip and nice pax.

Guy was toes to the curb, said "so, will you do me a huge favor for $50 cash?" I'm listening..

"I ran out of gas, can you take me to get some?" 3 mile round trip for $62.59, hell yes! 😂

As he was loading the cans into my trunk I heard a barrage of choice words, along with "oh damn what else can go wrong?!". I jumped out expecting to see gas everywhere, he had flipped one container but fortunately sealed it well.

Got back to where I picked him up, "oh good, it's still there" - he legit ran completely out of gas in the turn lane 😬

Went straight to the ATM, hit my $100 not long after. X may be annoying but sometimes it really pays and has more interesting situations. :smiles:

Screenshot_20200915-173141_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200915-172846_Uber Driver.jpg

oldfart

I carry a jump starter )with a compressor and inverter). I was taking a couple home from the airport after their 3 month vacation. I overheard them talking about how their car battery would probably be dead and that they would have to get a friend to come over and get it started. I offered my help and got a $100 for my trouble as well as the $50 ride. Another time I was parked in my favorite staging location waiting for a ride and an old guy walked through the lot pushing his bike that had a flat tire... he looked whipped. So I offered him a ride home. It took maybe 15 min to load the bike, take him home, unload and back to my staging area... that was good for $25

Whenever I can do someone a favor I do and it almost always works out

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I carry a jump starter )with a compressor and inverter). I was taking a couple home from the airport after their 3 month vacation. I overheard them talking about how their car battery would probably be dead and that they would have to get a friend to come over and get it started. I offered my help and got a $100 for my trouble as well as the $50 ride. Another time I was parked in my favorite staging location waiting for a ride and an old guy walked through the lot pushing his bike that had a flat tire... he looked whipped. So I offered him a ride home. It took maybe 15 min to load the bike, take him home, unload and back to my staging area... that was good for $25

Whenever I can do someone a favor I do and it almost always works out
I was owed for some good karma lately.

Cool that you keep that equipment on board. I used to, the same, but I am not even sure if I have jumper cables anymore.

Mash Ghasem

Dropped off in the hood, went offline but saw that there was decent surge so I went online and took the next ping - back downtown. Biotechnology center, usually a decent trip and nice pax.

Guy was toes to the curb, said "so, will you do me a huge favor for $50 cash?" I'm listening..

"I ran out of gas, can you take me to get some?" 3 mile round trip for $62.59, hell yes! 😂

As he was loading the cans into my trunk I heard a barrage of choice words, along with "oh damn what else can go wrong?!". I jumped out expecting to see gas everywhere, he had flipped one container but fortunately sealed it well.

Got back to where I picked him up, "oh good, it's still there" - he legit ran completely out of gas in the turn lane 😬

Went straight to the ATM, hit my $100 not long after. X may be annoying but sometimes it really pays and has more interesting situations. :smiles:

View attachment 507884 View attachment 507885
1600210782095.png

:eek: Fan district??!! 🤭

Downtown LA has a jewelry district, a fashion district, even a toy district... but each district is actually in that respective business!

Benjamin M

View attachment 507910

:eek: Fan district??!! 🤭

Downtown LA has a jewelry district, a fashion district, even a toy district... but each district is actually in that respective business!
So named because the streets resemble an old hand fan on the map. Also the area of the Lee Monument ongoing protest.

Old houses, pretty classy overall. Bordered by the Museum District.

Benjamin M

The name Richmond VA always reminds me of The Waltons!
Reminds me of Richfood brand, my frugal grandfather always bought it (never lived in Richmond, but two hours east).

"Richmond" brings me back to his canned vegetables and shooting the empty cans with an antique 22 rifle in his back yard. :smiles:

oldfart

]
I was owed for some good karma lately.

Cool that you keep that equipment on board. I used to, the same, but I am not even sure if I have jumper cables anymore.

Actually its one piece of equipment (jump starter inverter, compressor light and usb outlets and dc power source
My car wouldnt start one day waiting at the airport,. Another driver gave me a jump and I was able to take my ride. Right after completing the ride, I went to a parts store and bought a new battery and this thing

1600215420540.png

Benjamin M

Actually its one piece of equipment (jump starter inverter, compressor light and usb outlets and dc power source
My car wouldnt start one day waiting at the airport,. Another driver gave me a jump and I was able to take my ride. Right after completing the ride, I went to a parts store and bought a new battery and this thing

View attachment 507935
I had one similar, minus the compressor (had that separate). I used it for a jump maybe five times but it paid for itself with power outages.

What brand and how much?