• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

5 Stars Not Posting?

MarvinG

So, I have been stuck on 4.94 for quite a few weeks, and I have 485 5 stars.

In the last few weeks, I have also had a few more 5 stars but it keeps on showing 485 5 stars.

Any insight on why it is not moving?

Pax Collector

Its not quite what I asked. But thanks for your input anyway.
I thought I was giving you an explanation as to why your rating isn't moving.

Regardless of you getting more five stars, your overall rating won't move up because those five stars simply cancel out other five stars. 5/5 = 0. Until those five stars have replaced your lower stars (Such as the fours, threes, twos and ones), the overall rating won't change. That takes effect when those lower ratings have been kicked out of the 500 trip equation, which takes time.

Uber Crack

Author
I have also noticed that the ratings are stuck. I hear all the explanations and I understand them but mine are stuck too. The reason I know this is that I have the breakdown of exact stars I have, I've done a couple of hundred rides and it's exactly the same. There's just no way on this green earth.

Altimalady

So, I have been stuck on 4.94 for quite a few weeks, and I have 485 5 stars.

In the last few weeks, I have also had a few more 5 stars but it keeps on showing 485 5 stars.

Any insight on why it is not moving?
I notice this too. It’s been stuck in the same number for weeks. I used to see the number of 5s going up just after I finish a ride. I also notice that some 4s disappear when I accept most of the rides. And my 5*s disappear when I cancel rides. I think Uber is playing with the rating.
Post automatically merged:

I have also noticed that the ratings are stuck. I hear all the explanations and I understand them but mine are stuck too. The reason I know this is that I have the breakdown of exact stars I have, I've done a couple of hundred rides and it's exactly the same. There's just no way on this green earth.
I have noticed too. I don’t think the first explanation works for this. I think many drivers haven’t noticed this. My rating has been stuck for weeks. I’ve noticed 5s disappear, 4s disappear too.

FLKeys

I notice this too. It’s been stuck in the same number for weeks. I used to see the number of 5s going up just after I finish a ride. I also notice that some 4s disappear when I accept most of the rides. And my 5*s disappear when I cancel rides. I think Uber is playing with the rating.

I have noticed too. I don’t think the first explanation works for this. I think many drivers haven’t noticed this. My rating has been stuck for weeks. I’ve noticed 5s disappear, 4s disappear too.
Logic would suggest that if you have mostly 5 stars in your last 500 trips that as time goes on you will not see your 5 stars go up much. If you only have a few ratings under 5 stars you will most likely see those numbers increase and you 5 stars decrease. The chances of a new 1-4 star replacing anything other than a 5 star will be minimal.

Don't get hung up on the star rating it is not worth stressing over.

Uber Crack

Author
My ratings are as such...
Five stars 482
Four stars 12
Three stars 3
Two stars 0
One stars 2
After a couple of hundred rides for those numbers not to budge at all, shows something is up. We aren't stressing over it. We are just used to seeing them change and now they're stuck.

Altimalady

Logic would suggest that if you have mostly 5 stars in your last 500 trips that as time goes on you will not see your 5 stars go up much. If you only have a few ratings under 5 stars you will most likely see those numbers increase and you 5 stars decrease. The chances of a new 1-4 star replacing anything other than a 5 star will be minimal.

Don't get hung up on the star rating it is not worth stressing over.
I understand this explanation but my point is that this didn’t happen before. I noticed this change since the beginning of February. For example I had 578 5s the some 5 stars dissapear. Now I have 575. You can’t see when someone rate you right away. If 578 people rated me 5s, it should stay the same like in the past. I noticed this happen when I cancel a few rides.

Five stars 482
Four stars 12
Three stars 3
Two stars 0
One stars 2
After a couple of hundred rides for those numbers not to budge at all, shows something is up. We aren't stressing over it. We are just used to seeing them change and now they're stuck.
Same here! I only notice because I check daily. I had 578 5*s and it only changed to 575 when I cancel a few trips. It’s weird! Most people probably haven’t noticed this yet. Look closely at your rating,

FLKeys

Five stars 482
Four stars 12
Three stars 3
Two stars 0
One stars 2
You could have very easily had a long string of 5* rides a while back and now have a long string of 5* rides again. If that was the case the numbers won't move. Mine have not changed for a long time. Finally after 6 months one of my 4* dropped off and my 5* went up by one. Than I got my first 2* and my 5* went down by one.

The reality of it is do you really think Uber has time to manipulate 3+ million drivers star ratings, and if so for what reason.