1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

5 star rating total count is fluctuating?

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by spinworm1200, Jan 12, 2018.

1. spinworm1200

spinworm1200 New Member

Hi everyone,

Lately I’ve seen something weird going on with my 5 star ratings, the total count has been fluctuating 2 days in a row but the number of rates trips has not changed.

I checked and I had 112 then it changed to 113, now it’s back to 112.

To my understanding, a rider can give you a rating and change it but not completely retract a rating?

Thanks for reading my 1st post!

MadTownUberD likes this.
  2. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They can’t change the ratings anymore, nor can drivers. You give a rating and that’s it now. No do overs.

3. spinworm1200

spinworm1200 New Member

Thanks for the update. I haven’t seen any kind of rating in over 2 weeks. So when I saw it increase then decrease I figured there was a glitch not allowing anyone to rate me.

4. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh, that… it’s part of the newish ratings protection. If a pax has a tendency to rate poorly, they’re flagged and if you get a bad rating from them, it’s errased from the record.

5. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So how does that explain a 5* rating getting eliminated? Do those get erased too if a pax is a "problem rater"?

6. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sadly most likely. Instead of doing a picking and choosing code, the uber coders were lazy and most likely did a scrub clean code.