5 Star Competition

driveflydrive

i took a ride in a Vegas uber this evening. Nice old guy, good driver, no complaints. I never told him I was a driver. We arrived at our hotel, I tip him and as I'm getting out he holds up his phone to show me that he's giving me 5 stars and says, " Uber's having a competition, I'm gonna rate you 5 stars, if you could do the same for me I could win"

I had to laugh.......!!!!

Jbeck

i took a ride in a Vegas uber this evening. Nice old guy, good driver, no complaints. I never told him I was a driver. We arrived at our hotel, I tip him and as I'm getting out he holds up his phone to show me that he's giving me 5 stars and says, " Uber's having a competition, I'm gonna rate you 5 stars, if you could do the same for me I could win"

Did you nod your head and 1* him

rudygti

i find it hard to give a fellow driver anything below 5... there is that one guy on here who nitpicked his driver with the disney avatar or whatever the hell that crappy computer generated movie was, and its like relaly, we all grind ourasses doing this, we get enough shit from uber and lyft, just tip your driver and give him 5 stars. unreal when i read that one dudes post about it.

Taipan

I'm surprised that many of our fellow drivers don't tip. I think we all know how much a tips could gratify us. It's much more than money, it's an indication of service or job well done. Just a few bucks could make somebody happy, why not?!

driveflydrive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i find it hard to give a fellow driver anything below 5... there is that one guy on here who nitpicked his driver with the disney avatar or whatever the hell that crappy computer generated movie was, and its like relaly, we all grind ourasses doing this, we get enough shit from uber and lyft, just tip your driver and give him 5 stars. unreal when i read that one dudes post about it.
Same!

driveflydrive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have never given anything other than 5 stars, even though one guy was eating something out of a bowl for half the ride.

I have never asked someone to rate me. Never will either.
I had a newb pick me up once, he had a half gallon container of Gatorade rolling about on the back seat and was driving/navigating with his phone in one hand, no phone mount. He sets off from my house in the wrong direction and when he realizes he does a three point turn in the middle of a four way stop sign junction and hits the curb cos he's holding the phone in one hand, the whole thing was pretty hilarious! I still tipped and 5 stars but I had to tell him that he wouldn't survive long with Uber till he got a phone mount:smiles:

second2noone

Did you ask what do you win?

A chance to not be deactivated?

You lose.

Jbeck

Of course I was joking. I always tips 5* as well. I even have my teenage (18) daughter tip when I request her rides. The drivers are probably shocked!