5:30pm block 10 commercial buildings all closed GG DLA5

imfatandold

Why not just take the package back to the warehouse if they were undeliverable?

didnt feel like it. they could have paid me more for better work. funny part is the packages where clearly marked BC = business closed but i guess the morons that put that block together are to stupid to know what BC means.

Cody6666

Thats why you check for business packages before you leave the warehouse. If i ever see a business package where I know they are not open on the weekends I tell the person checking us out and they take it off my route. Dont waste your time trying to deliver a package to a business not even open.

jester121

At the very least open the boxes up and see if there's anything worth stealing -- that's only a tiny bit worse than negligence that leads to someone else stealing them later, right?

Cynergie

Thats why you check for business packages before you leave the warehouse. If i ever see a business package where I know they are not open on the weekends I tell the person checking us out and they take it off my route. Dont waste your time trying to deliver a package to a business not even open.
^^
This. I never have this issue because I organize my car while at the WH. So BC pkgs on weekend deliveries NEVER make it inside my vehicle. I always know how many biz pkgs exist in my sort before I leave the WH. And based on the block delivery time, I always know which business I won't be able to get to on weekdays. Because I'm familiar with the traffic patterns at the estimated delivery times along the route.

If I've got several biz pkgs in the sort, I AWLAYS deliver them first on my route, regardless of location. That way I never default on a BC because that pkg was last on my route, and I'm hitting 3pm start of rush hour traffic in my area.

LA delivery market is a true nightmare, because rush hour starts around 4am each morning (on freeways leading from suburbs into the city) and goes to about 10pm at nights during the week. lmfao

Cynergie

Biz addys are typically in commercial zoned areas like mall strips. Attempted delivery can have a BC note, so that's an immediate heads up. I'm familiar with a good number of the delivery routes at my fav WH. Also good at spotting residential addys (especially apts which typically have apt nos). When in doubt, Google map/Earth is your best friend.

Placebo17

Ok thanks, unfortunately in my area, there are no specific commercial zones. But I hate getting one or two business packages on the weekends. I might have to start paying closer attention to BC packages.

Cynergie

At all the WH I've been at in bay area, it's mixed zoning by route during the week. Typically 99% residential on weekends. A sure way you know what area you're working in that day is to google/Google earth one of the pkgs in your sort. Reconn the area that comes up. Does it look residential/commericial/mixed zone from those sat and aerial pics? Another less advisable way is to check the Amazon dispatcher. They have a listing of all the routes on the system. Successful feedback depends on your working relationship with the drones and blue shirts at that WH however.

imfatandold

i dont know if you read the thread but the packages where allready marked BC from someone earlier in the day... i mean the WH workers that put the block together didnt care why should i?

oicu812

i dont know if you read the thread but the packages where allready marked BC from someone earlier in the day... i mean the WH workers that put the block together didnt care why should i?

Because some drivers are lazy AF and put BC even though it's clearly not a business. I had one today that was clearly an apartment and the reason on previous attempt for return was business closed. How about UTA or NSL?

imfatandold

update 1 still no emails from amazon + today i left more outside HEEHEEEEE ps this is just a game for me i dont depend on this money for anything i just find it fun