• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

4th Post~ The Ringer on Uber~ Great Video Very Fair For Both Sides

Cantina00

Hi Neighbors,

Back up to a 4.97 today, starting to feel good again, oh yeah

140 5 star
1 4 star
2 3 star

Stumbled across this great YouTube video from the ringer

It is really a fair viewpoint on where Uber’s money goes

Thought I would share for those who are unaware of this video:

Basically Uber won’t make money until 2021 2022 when they can eliminate the drivers, use self driving cars and have food delivery drones

Uber is just using drivers to build ridership and users

No self driving cars, no food delivery drones, Uber could go out of business in 3 to 4 years

Yes I want to be paid more also,, and I really hope Uber does not cut the mileage rate in New Jersey

Thanks to everyone who has been giving me solid advice since I have joined the forum

Off to bed,, so I can Find more trips tomorrow :smiles:. Zzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

Lightning1181

Hi Neighbors,

Back up to a 4.97 today, starting to feel good again, oh yeah

140 5 star
1 4 star
2 3 star

Stumbled across this great YouTube video from the ringer

It is really a fair viewpoint on where Uber’s money goes

Thought I would share for those who are unaware of this video:

Basically Uber won’t make money until 2021 2022 when they can eliminate the drivers, use self driving cars and have food delivery drones

Uber is just using drivers to build ridership and users

No self driving cars, no food delivery drones, Uber could go out of business in 3 to 4 years

Yes I want to be paid more also,, and I really hope Uber does not cut the mileage rate in New Jersey

Thanks to everyone who has been giving me solid advice since I have joined the forum

Off to bed,, so I can Find more trips tomorrow :smiles:. Zzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz
Seriously? How much $$ does one self driving car cost? How much would a guesstimate on repair and maintenance and cleaning be per month? This is real $$ here, not Monopoly $$. Now, with the answers to the above questions in mind, how much does Goober/Lyft pay for a) vehicles b) gas c) maintenance & cleaning - now? Nada, zip, jack shyt. So where in the financial times review of the above plan do you see them turning a profit that soon? Now, figure in the logistical part of this theory. Where do you place thousands of cars to be at the ready for the pings? What about the areas out in the sticks where there is a small potential for riders looking for a car?
The bottom line is that U/L have the program running well right now. Thousands of drivers in NJ alone, at $0 overhead, short of the programs and programmers and management teams. I seriously doubt we will ever see an abundance of self-driving vehicles on eiterh platform any time soon.

Cantina00

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Lightning,

Like I said if Uber isn’t successful in obtaining their goals of automation,,, they may go out of business,,,

Sooner or later somebody somewhere has to get sick of losing a billion dollars every quarter

I dont think automated cars are possible either,, but I am sure people in 1990 didnt think you could face time someone on a watch

Hell, my math teacher use to say “You wont have a calculator with you all o the time”

I dont believe drivers are in Uber’s long term plans,, they just use us now to grow ridership

Uber will probably set up hubs like Dominos pizza in every town,, but instead of ordering a pizza for delivery, one will order a ride to the train station

If a car comes back dirty,, they will charge the previous riders credit card,, as there will be video of each trip to protect from vandalism or possible crimes

Lightning1181

Hi Lightning,

Like I said if Uber isn’t successful in obtaining their goals of automation,,, they may go out of business,,,

Sooner or later somebody somewhere has to get sick of losing a billion dollars every quarter

I dont think automated cars are possible either,, but I am sure people in 1990 didnt think you could face time someone on a watch

Hell, my math teacher use to say “You wont have a calculator with you all o the time”

I dont believe drivers are in Uber’s long term plans,, they just use us now to grow ridership

Uber will probably set up hubs like Dominos pizza in every town,, but instead of ordering a pizza for delivery, one will order a ride to the train station

If a car comes back dirty,, they will charge the previous riders credit card,, as there will be video of each trip to protect from vandalism or possible crimes
In regards to the growth of ridership, recent stats are showing it may have reached the peak. It has hit a saturation point in a lot of areas. How often do you pick up a 5 star rider who is truly new to this gig? Most of the 5's I get are people who have been tossed out or just opened a new account for the heck of it.

Fuzzyelvis

In regards to the growth of ridership, recent stats are showing it may have reached the peak. It has hit a saturation point in a lot of areas. How often do you pick up a 5 star rider who is truly new to this gig? Most of the 5's I get are people who have been tossed out or just opened a new account for the heck of it.
The only new riders I'm getting these days are the over 50 crowd who've finally been convinced to try it by their grandkids. They're also the same folks who tell me they'll never get in an SDC.

DerBundes

...Like I said if Uber isn’t successful in obtaining their goals of automation,,, they may go out of business
FULL AUTONOMY won’t happen in the US, because lawyers will oppose it. And IF it does, won’t make it east of Las Vegas and in very select markets. They tried that here in NYC, around Times Square and the software couldn’t tell a person from a hydrant (mind you, it wasn’t Volvo’s software that was used).

So you can have an idea. Mind you, this vehicle’s a concept but the technology itself is available in The Fjords. Stateside?!?! Unless is on domestic vehicles, which NO ONE WILL TRUST, we won’t see it.