4th Day In and...

NRB313

PAX puked in my car.

Pickup from Lazy Dog in Downtown Summerlin. Get to the front door and a friend was helping PAX in my car. I was leery at that point but the guy didn't seem irate or out of control drunk and no signs of not being able to hold his liquor at that point. Plus it was like a 10 minute ride at most. Anyway, half way to destination near Boca Park area and PAX rolls down the window and just starts puking outside the car. I'm thinking I was lucky and at worst could run thru an auto wash and freshen the scent a little inside. Of course, get to the destination and he gets out... puke all down the side panel.

Yep, I made my first cleaning fee request.

And, no 5 stars for that PAX. Kind of annoyed that he can even still rate me (according to Uber support). I mean, I wasn't an a$$ to him or anything even though I felt like it but did rate him low and request a cleaning fee... now he did puke in my car so you would think he might be decent and just take what he deserves but some people... I can just see him rating me low for the consequences of what HE DID.

Anyway.. first war story!

kojeislandincha

PAX puked in my car.

Pickup from Lazy Dog in Downtown Summerlin. Get to the front door and a friend was helping PAX in my car. I was leery at that point but the guy didn't seem irate or out of control drunk and no signs of not being able to hold his liquor at that point. Plus it was like a 10 minute ride at most. Anyway, half way to destination near Boca Park area and PAX rolls down the window and just starts puking outside the car. I'm thinking I was lucky and at worst could run thru an auto wash and freshen the scent a little inside. Of course, get to the destination and he gets out... puke all down the side panel.

Yep, I made my first cleaning fee request.

And, no 5 stars for that PAX. Kind of annoyed that he can even still rate me (according to Uber support). I mean, I wasn't an a$$ to him or anything even though I felt like it but did rate him low and request a cleaning fee... now he did puke in my car so you would think he might be decent and just take what he deserves but some people... I can just see him rating me low for the consequences of what HE DID.

Anyway.. first war story!
And. U. R Ok with UBER?

elelegido

PAX puked in my car.
We all have to start somewhere, but your drunk radar needs some work.
Pickup from Lazy Dog in Downtown Summerlin. Get to the front door and a friend was helping PAX in my car. I was leery at that point but the guy didn't seem irate or out of control drunk and no signs of not being able to hold his liquor at that point.
Did you expect the guy to be carrying a flashing neon sign saying "I am currently completely shitfaced"? :rolleyes:

Drunkshift 101 - unable to move under their own power? Ride denied, thanks for choosing Uber, next!

kojeislandincha

Did you expect the guy to be carrying a flashing neon sign saying "I am currently completely shitfaced"? :rolleyes:

Drunkshift 101 - unable to move under their own power? Ride denied, thanks for choosing Uber, next!
Yes Indeed!

uberxreallysux

Yup. I was at bellagio and this guy call and said I'm at bellagio main entrance. I reply. Uber pick up is on lobby bus pick up and he replied. My friend is too drunk to walk can you come to main entrance. Look when I hear too drunk and can't walk.. Cancelled. Not risking it.

NRB313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LOL ... Newbie mistake I won't be making again... radar in the shop for an upgrade will be ready tonight :smiles:

In this case, when I got to the front entrance they were both standing on their own and I actually thought I was picking both of them up. It wasn't until the one guy opened the door and the other put him in that I was tipped off to what was going on... then of course, once his friend said "get him home" it was like ahhhhh sh*t. Of course, now I have drunk dude sitting in my car ready to go.

On the bright side, I was able to make about half of what I do in a night before this happened and I got $150 cleaning fee (Uber settled it in like 10 minutes after my sending in the pictures) so I am getting a free detail already scheduled for this morning.

Another night tonight... and a little wiser!

NRB313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, so I'm a little annoyed now.

I suspected this would happen and seems to be a pretty bad flaw in the Uber rating system against drivers. As I mentioned, the puking rider got a poor rating from me and a cleaning charge ($150). But, Uber claimed that they cannot prevent him from rating me. I was worried that he would retaliate for a $5 ride costing him $155 and his rating going down.

Well, it happened.

I seen my rating drop from 4.94 to 4.79. I know Uber delays poor ratings but that was the only Uber pax I had lat night (did a couple Lyft before the incident). Since i am a new driver and have only done 21 rides it's a huge hit to get what I calculated to be 2 stars. I mean the guy puked in my car and I have to risk a low rating where Uber may deactivate my account (correct me if I am wrong but I read if you fall below 4.6 they may do so).

As mentioned in my OP it was not a huge deal to me as I basically got a free car detail and still had earned half my normal for the night and the dude didn't just blatantly bend over and disrespectfully hurl in my car and at least made an effort to make it outside even if he did fail. And, since I only do this part time for extra cash it wasn't a huge deal.

But, I am annoyed at both Uber and the pax now.

1) the pax pukes in my car and I was decent to him given the situation (my mistake) and he has the nerve to rate me low presumably because of the financial consequence and/or retaliatory to my giving a low rating (which he actually deserved).
2) at Uber for allowing there rating system to be designed in this way to allow this to happen. Sure, if I hadn't read every where online that Uber basically holds drivers to get virtually all 5 star ratings to maintain an average higher than 4.6 or they boot you off the system as a driver then this would have remained the non-issue attitude i originally posted.

Heck, as a new driver I can double my current rides but if I just get 2 more puke incidents or just do*ches that retaliate when they deserve the sh*tty rating I give them and I have to worry about getting kicked off... WTF

Glad I also have Lyft... but, eventhough I've only drove for like a week now, it is clear that Lyft does not get nearly as many pings.

Lvcab9404

OK, so I'm a little annoyed now.

I suspected this would happen and seems to be a pretty bad flaw in the Uber rating system against drivers. As I mentioned, the puking rider got a poor rating from me and a cleaning charge ($150). But, Uber claimed that they cannot prevent him from rating me. I was worried that he would retaliate for a $5 ride costing him $155 and his rating going down.

Well, it happened.

I seen my rating drop from 4.94 to 4.79. I know Uber delays poor ratings but that was the only Uber pax I had lat night (did a couple Lyft before the incident). Since i am a new driver and have only done 21 rides it's a huge hit to get what I calculated to be 2 stars. I mean the guy puked in my car and I have to risk a low rating where Uber may deactivate my account (correct me if I am wrong but I read if you fall below 4.6 they may do so).

As mentioned in my OP it was not a huge deal to me as I basically got a free car detail and still had earned half my normal for the night and the dude didn't just blatantly bend over and disrespectfully hurl in my car and at least made an effort to make it outside even if he did fail. And, since I only do this part time for extra cash it wasn't a huge deal.

But, I am annoyed at both Uber and the pax now.

1) the pax pukes in my car and I was decent to him given the situation (my mistake) and he has the nerve to rate me low presumably because of the financial consequence and/or retaliatory to my giving a low rating (which he actually deserved).
2) at Uber for allowing there rating system to be designed in this way to allow this to happen. Sure, if I hadn't read every where online that Uber basically holds drivers to get virtually all 5 star ratings to maintain an average higher than 4.6 or they boot you off the system as a driver then this would have remained the non-issue attitude i originally posted.

Heck, as a new driver I can double my current rides but if I just get 2 more puke incidents or just do*ches that retaliate when they deserve the sh*tty rating I give them and I have to worry about getting kicked off... WTF

Glad I also have Lyft... but, eventhough I've only drove for like a week now, it is clear that Lyft does not get nearly as many pings.
Oh, now get ready to be bend over by uber,( they are going to make you take a class, you pay. Lmao.)

LV-Reni

Oh, now get ready to be bend over by uber,( they are going to make you take a class, you pay. Lmao.)
No, they will not. To new of a driver and the rating will bounce around until they have a decent base number of rides. Don't worry about it.