45+ Mins long trip happened to be 20 mins long trip

Friday morning inreceived a ping with 45+ mins long ride notice. I was so excited lol but when I picked up the pax it was a 20 mins ride from Vaughan to the Pearson airport.
No traffic or anything and it showed me 45+ mins long ride lol.

Attachments

• 1AF0D0C5-D105-4129-8F48-3EEB3BCCDBE6.jpeg
    1AF0D0C5-D105-4129-8F48-3EEB3BCCDBE6.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 105

Zee786

It happened with me too. Picked a rider from Milton and app showed 45 min + with ping and trip was like 30 minutes , to Mississauga.

Last edited:

ryan137

I've had two airport trips show up with the 45+ minute tag this week. One was 20 minutes the other was about 30. Also when I started those two trips the time shown was over 1 hour on the Uber navigation but Waze showed the proper, shorter times. Definitely something funky about Uber's eta calculations lately

i_k

Did you guys calculate the fare? Was it calculated properly or did you get overpaid?

Kodyhead

Lol i was wondering cause I use the destination filter to the airport and it is about 30 mins away but i get a long trip request sometimes during rush hour and have declined it.

Do you guys have the same issue we do? Sometimes the navigation takes you to a part of an airport you can't get too like a cargo area or middle of the runway

Sometimes at miami i will drop off at departures and it say i have 5 miles to go

dmoney155

Do you guys have the same issue we do? Sometimes the navigation takes you to a part of an airport you can't get too like a cargo area or middle of the runway

Yeah I got that few times, not sure if middle of runway, but some odd service entrance to airport, or admin building. I just confirm with pax which terminal and ignore the gps.

Do you guys have the same issue we do? Sometimes the navigation takes you to a part of an airport you can't get too like a cargo area or middle of the runway Sometimes at miami i will drop off at departures and it say i have 5 miles to go[/QUOTE said:
That’s because sometime pax just try to enter the airport name and under suggested addresses there are other airport locations like cargo one. Happened to me many times but then I just started following signs to whichever terminal they are going to.

Attachments

• D88DF9E3-93C7-40D4-AC6D-A8220C2B0FFB.jpeg
    D88DF9E3-93C7-40D4-AC6D-A8220C2B0FFB.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 59

Bumpy Ride

I've had 2 trips to Kitchener this week strangely. Last night kinda sucked cause 401 E ramps were closed on the way back so I had to drive through rural 50km speed limit roads. Added another 20mins to get back. Ruined my usual 30$/hour night ended up making much less

evad77

I wonder with the up front pricing is rider charged based on 1 hr 23 min estimate like I've had from queen Logan twice this week. Could be another scam on ubers part to suck more money from the rider

Got my first long ride today! around 51 minutes, Brampton to Guelph. My joy was short lived, as once the drop was completed, my vehicle was not licensed to pick up in Guelph! Sods law!

uberpoolfool

I've had 2 trips to Kitchener this week strangely. Last night kinda sucked cause 401 E ramps were closed on the way back so I had to drive through rural 50km speed limit roads. Added another 20mins to get back. Ruined my usual 30$/hour night ended up making much less

Get off at Sportsworld Drive and Connect to 401 at King Street. SET your destination to East York and surely get a toronto bound ping i Milton...

1UberMench

I had a problem last week. My app said 45 minutes to airport pax app said 35 minutes. When we got close to airport my app said take Carlingview and pax app said 409. I told the pax I have done this a hundred times before and 409 is the fastest way. After I found out that Uber was taking me to the cargo area behing T3.