45 Min + Trip

UberMor

So I'm driving around BC enjoying a busy afternoon today and a 45 min + trip pops up at 1.4x around 2pm. I accept and start day dreaming how far it might be. 6 mins later I pick up 3 Chinese guys and start the trip to... Vancouver, BC, Canada.

What's funny first thought was - "Shit I don't have my passport"

Sadly, they just wanted to go to the Super 88 in Allston and messed up using the Pax App.

If your wondering. $9,348 gets you a ride from Boston to Vancouver. (I had to enter the address for them since English was a 2nd launguage and caught the Uber estimate)

Attachments

• IMG_1380.PNG
    IMG_1380.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 120

E30addixt

Must have been a lot of traffic. That should be a 30 minute trip at best. It's very similar to this one.

An X trip in traffic wouldn't have paid that much more if you do the math out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170915-223304.png
    Screenshot_20170915-223304.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 81

Triculí

Exact reason why I stopped taking Pool.

I am waiting for the posters who claim you will never get a Pool ride that lasts an hour. Because they are on here disputing this exact type of ride.

Yeah Uberpool is a waste of time in any shape or form. Automatic "No Thanks."

Must have been a lot of traffic. That should be a 30 minute trip at best. It's very similar to this one.
An X trip in traffic wouldn't have paid that much more if you do the math out.

Indeed, 6:00pm rush hour traffic. It was brutal. Lesson learned though. Yours was better, half the time and slightly more.

Ubermakesmewet

IMG_1347.jpg
I hate these 45+ or 60+ min rides, here's one with no tip mind you.
On the way back, the filter sucked, I had to use Lyft's, almost half way home I got someone, that was a $19 trip.

Great point. I'm pretty selective when I see them pop up. Got one on Friday at 4pm and passed assuming it would just be an hour of traffic. Last week one at 2:30 from DTX turned out to be a decent ride to Pawtucket, RI

The worst is when you get those 45+ min trip notifications but it's just 12 miles in a crap ton of traffic. :mad:

I wish that Lyft would have some kind of warning for a long trip. I got this one at 5pm from the Hilton on Broad St. the night of the money fight. Got back at 1:30am as the fight was ending and stayed out til morning to rip off the 25 more Uber rides left that I needed for my incentive.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.PNG
    IMG_0408.PNG
    75.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0282.PNG
    IMG_0282.PNG
    104.7 KB · Views: 48