Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

45 min ping but ride was 14 min Happened 2xs in 2 days.

4K views 63 replies 49 participants last post by  Matthew Thomas 
#1 ·
Never seen this in 8.5 months of driving. Acceptance 79% cancellation 11%

#42 ·
They calculate the time based on congestion, not only on distance. So if the traffic jam was cleared before you got there you simply avoided losing time on congestion.

Or, it's Uber being Uber...
No, it's a bug. I've seen it here twice in the last week. It said 45+ for two 19 minute rides. No congestion anywhere near the routes.

#14 ·
3 times yesterday, twice today.. ranged from 15-25 minutes.. pick up locations were all fairly close... Anychance they're testing a function like estimate ride time from Lyft platinum but making a mess outta it so far??
You got the "making a mess outta it" part right. :rolleyes: But I seriously doubt they will ever give us any meaningful indication of ride time. Those short trips would never get picked up.

I got a 45+ ping tonight but it was probably a pax screw up. Came from the bar district right at bar close time with a 1.8X surge. I accepted but then got an error message. My guess is the error message was probably because they canceled right about the same time I accepted.

Bar close, surge and 45+ means they probably wanted to go to Denny's or something but put in the wrong city.

#16 ·
Two nights ago I literally got this three times in a row on stacked rides. Got the first 45+ ping... got there and it was a 14 minute ride. Before I dropped that one off I got another 45+ ping and that one was 16 minutes. Got a third 45+ ping as I was about to drop off the second rider and that one was 14 minutes.

Like the others, this was around midnight and there was no traffic or anything to speak of. They were all picked up and going to very different areas, so it wasn’t an accident or something that had gotten cleared up along the way.

#25 ·
Happened to me yesterday twice as well.. It looks they changed the algorithm without changing the screen display
I have a feeling this is that test for where they tell you how long certain trips are but they havent worked out the kinks and it just shows 45+ instead of the actual minutes. I dont mind, so far they are still 20+ min trips, whuch during no traffic, means at least 17+ mile trips.

#28 ·
Not sure if this is the right section for this big bug in the app. Has anyone else had this issue where they get a long trip warning and it's less than 30 minutes? Been happening at least in Ventura County California and maybe Los Angeles a few times now. Also a pickup last night showed 20 minutes away when it was only 5 minutes away. Maybe there's some timer error or need to reinstall the app, if not a big bug? Since I'm 5 miles from the LA County border I'm still on the normal app not that improved version it sounds like LA County has, also using a droid phone. Most trips have been at night with no traffic.

#29 ·
I've had this happen.

My guess is that there's a possible route that would be 45 minutes, so that triggers the notification, and that's what pax is charged for.
Of course once your start the GPS, it doesn't give you that route

#35 ·
What im thinking as well. Dont really know but my best guess would have to do with the app updates with the new app interfering with the old apps on the main servers. Running two verisons now may have some interferences and glitches till the full conversion is required to opperate in all markets

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.