$ 45.00 to get your car inspected for Lyft?

UberReallySucks

I just called one of the places they listed as approved Lyft Inspection centers and they said they charge $ 45.00 ... Is this right? Has anybody gone through this yet?
When I signed up more than a year ago, the mentor was more than happy with Uber's inspection. This year, I scanned and emailed the Uber inspection and got a message saying:" Oops, your inspection was rejected"
WTH? I would not even pay 2 dollars for a stupid annual re-inspection.

UberReallySucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just called one of the places they listed as approved Lyft Inspection centers and they said they charge $ 45.00 ... Is this right? Has anybody gone through this yet?
When I signed up more than a year ago, the mentor was more than happy with Uber's inspection. This year, I scanned and emailed the Uber inspection and got a message saying:" Oops, your inspection was rejected"
WTH? I would not even pay 2 dollars for a stupid annual re-inspection.
Waoo 69 views but not one single answer... got to love San Diego and its drivers!

UberReallySucks

I don't think you're being ignored... I'm assuming no one can answer your question. Personally I viewed it and ignored it because Lyft has never asked me for an inspection. Not even when I started.
You're right about not needing an inspection the first time - kind of - and that's because that is part of what your mentor does when you meet with him / her the first time.
Uber has you go to their offices and their mechanic does it there and you submit the paper online or have them do it for you in their offices.
After a year, you have to go through the same process with Uber as well as Lyft.
Before, Lyft had no problem with you submitting your Uber inspection and they still do in some markets from what I hear. However, in San Diego they now have some sort of deal with some rip off mechanic shops that they want you to go to. Only problem, besides the added inconvenience is the $ 45.00 charge.

Beur

According to CPUC all is required is that you get your car inspected by a BAR certified mechanic. When I had mine done is April for Uber $19.99 I submitted to Lyft without issue. Be sure the BAR number shows on the completed inspection form or neither company will accept the inspection.

UberReallySucks

According to CPUC all is required is that you get your car inspected by a BAR certified mechanic. When I had mine done is April for Uber $19.99 I submitted to Lyft without issue. Be sure the BAR number shows on the completed inspection form or neither company will accept the inspection.
It's OK. I told them to shove that pink mustache up their ass ... I don't do much lyfting anyway.

Andrew Thun

I have been getting the text messages from Lyft about the inspection, haven't called any of the places for an inspection as I live in north county and none of them are convenient for me.

Last year I got my Uber inspection at Express tire for free. Gonna see if their inspection is enough for Lyft, if not it's no sweat off my back, as I am going to need another Uber inspection soon.

San Diego X

I'd like to help, but Lyft only inspected my vehicle once and only once and that was with a mentor back in 2014.

Uberbrethren

The Lyft mentor thing is strange. They gave me one over an hour away in the suburbs. Think they could tighten that up a bit.

UberReallySucks

The Lyft mentor thing is strange. They gave me one over an hour away in the suburbs. Think they could tighten that up a bit.
The mentor is supposed to meet you anywhere You want! They get $ 35.00 / session ...They're supposed to make it convenient for you not the other way around.

Uberbrethren

Thanks, URS. Interesting - was presented to me in a very autocratic way. You come here. Will only meet here at such and such a time yada-yada-yada.

Flarpy

The mentor is supposed to meet you anywhere You want! They get $ 35.00 / session ...They're supposed to make it convenient for you not the other way around.
The mentor in my area didn't do that. He has (had?) everyone drive to him. Said if he drove to everyone he wouldn't have bothered being a mentor.

UberReallySucks

Lyft CSRs are just as bad if not worse than Uber's. It's always a Copy and paste reply that may or may not relate to your problem.
This is the reply I gt after submitting my new Uber inspection:
By the way, it was the same answer when I submitted new pictures for my profile. Let's try that again...

It looks like the Inspection you submitted is not quite what we’re looking for. Let’s try that again.

Submit a photo of your inspection form. Make sure it clearly shows:

* Proof that you passed the inspection. We’ll be looking for your mechanic’s stamp and/or signature, and a full checklist of what was inspected.
* Your name and car. This information should match the one car you’ll be driving with Lyft.

Which led to a chain reaction of useless, and frustrating emails and none of them addressed the simple question I had. which is why was the Uber inspection all of a sudden not acceptable to Lyft's high standards. At the end , it was a big waste of time and I told them in no uncertain terms they can stick that pink mustache in their behinds.

One less Pink mustache in San Diego... 100's more recently unleashed on your streets though!