40% of my fares last night were either lowered or deleted.

agtg

Uber is such a corrupt, lawless company and they love to wink and nod at the corrupt ridership they've heaped up unto themselves. Not all riders are sleazy, but a large percentage are. These people have been given free reign to lie and manipulate their way out of legitimate fares because the riders are more important to Uber than the drivers are.

I am a very well-organized person with a great attention to detail. Knowing how corrupt Uber is, I've been tracking fares closely. No less than 40% of my fares last night have been adjusted down by a wide margin or deleted altogether, all in the favor of Uber and/or the riders.

- 2 legitimate cancel/no-shows are at $0, one of which was an obvious scam to avoid surge pricing.

- 1 woman who had a very short destination wanted me to drive all around the city looking for a liquor store that was open (there wasn't one around for miles). At .15 cents a minute, I politely declined. They huffed and puffed until I got to their destination and then they slammed my doors and then slammed me with a 1 star rating. The fare is now listed at $0.

- 1 guy whose ride was at a 1.8 boost had me take him to one restaurant. When we arrive he complains because there is a line out the door, he adjust the destination in his app and I take him back across town. His fare this morning is $0

- A drunk couple coming from a restaurant bar (with leftovers from their meal, mind you), want me to take them through a drive-through. I politely decline as is my right as an independent contractor. This was a boosted rate of 1.8 and the fare not only isn't coming in at the boosted rate, it appears it doesn't even reflect the pitiful normal rate afforded drivers.

There are others, but you get my point. Every one of these fares was legitimate. They all had a starting point, a destination, and the rider's GPS plainly shows services rendered. It is not hard for Uber to see that these people were served professional and prompt transportation services in a nice clean vehicle at the rate these riders agreed to. In fact, if they wanted to bother, they could go back and review the audio collected from the app during the trip. But that would expose how corrupt they and the ridership are.

I'm not going back out until I can talk to a human being, as I refuse to pander to the email scheme Uber has set up to dissuade drivers from complaining and fighting for their proper wages.

I will spend that time filing paperwork with the department of labor for with-holding wages, and will consider filing a civil suit against Uber, as well.

The saddest part of all of this is how corrupt, greedy, and despicable the riders of Charlotte, North Carolina are. They willfully deprive people money for services rendered, not because they were not served well, but because they are despicable and corrupt. They should be ashamed of themselves. Greedy corporations don't have consciences. Human being should.

I encourage people not to haggle any more over these issues. They are illegal practices, and there are laws on the books to hold companies like Uber to account.

Start tracking everything, take screenshots, note mileage, note time spent, then file against Uber with the department of labor in your state for a company with-holding wages. File civilly, as well, this will force Uber to change their practices.

Another Uber Driver

There has been something weird about the application, of late. I have had more than one show up as zero dollars that day. The next day, the appropriate amount appeared.

I have not seen your last citation.

snarekick

Why are you refusing to bring people to liquor stores and drive thrus? It's a part of the job to make other stops if they request it. I'd rate you low and complain to uber too.

steveK2016

Why are you refusing to bring people to liquor stores and drive thrus? It's a part of the job to make other stops if they request it. I'd rate you low and complain to uber too.
No it is not part of the job. If waiting was part of the job, theyd charge more than $0.12 a minute. My job is to pick up a pax and drop them off at the destination they inputted on the app.

If they want to go to alternate destination, change the addreas in the app. If you expect me to wait for you, dont count on it. $0.12 isnt worth the wait.

agtg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not "part of the job" it's "part of the scheme." No one should have to work for sub-minimum wage rates while risking a valuable asset and time.

There's a reason why the app has a starting point and an ending point, and it's not to make squiggly lines all over the city at the whim of a cheap, entitled bar-hopper.

agtg

Oh, and conveniently all my fares were "processing" for a half hour or more the last week. This keeps you from commenting quickly to address garbage you have to put up with scheming riders.

Last night I saw a new twist: Processing Cancelled

What? As I drive around giving people rides the fares being processed pile up and all of a sudden I'm getting cancelled notices on services I've already rendered.

snarekick

You're aware that you are paid extra for making all those squiggly lines on the map right? Like what's your issue here dude.

snarekick

The bottom line here is that the longer you have someone in your car the more you make. If you don't like making the 12 cents a minute you can always turn off the app and make zero cents a minute. Maybe with you fools off the road I'll have less downtime

steveK2016

You're aware that you are paid extra for making all those squiggly lines on the map right? Like what's your issue here dude.
Hahaha not if they do a fare review, then you get paid for the GPS route from start and end address.

Ill go to different areas IF they input the other address in the app. if they do not, i go where the app tells me to. If they are dropping off multiple pax at differebt locations, no problem, as long as they update the destination each time.

If you do not do this they WILL fare review for ineffecient route and youll get stiffed.

No, i can end the trip for $0.12 a minute to earn maybe an extra buck or i could pickup another fare for another $6.

You do what you want to do, its your car, time and money but if the car aint moving you aint making money. Ill drop that $0.12 a min fare for a new fare thatll pay the same $0.12 a min plus $0.75 a mile to their actual destination.

steveK2016

The bottom line here is that the longer you have someone in your car the more you make. If you don't like making the 12 cents a minute you can always turn off the app and make zero cents a minute. Maybe with you fools off the road I'll have less downtime
You keep that $0.12. Thatll keep your fool ass off the road so the rest of us will at least get the $0.75 a mile also!

agtg

This is the only defense anyone can make for Uber and it's an amoral one. If Uber is corrupt, they should be held to account. Worker's still have rights in this nation, and anyone who would forfeit those rights is either foolish or corrupt and using Uber as a hunting ground for vulnerable people.

Beur

Paid extra? Is your time not worth more than $7.20 per hour? $7.20 is below minimum wage, do you not value your time or have any self respect?

steveK2016

stop providing bad service to your customers ok
Haha thats alright bud. Once you get a few more fare review for inefficient route, youll rethink of that day on Uber People when we warned you about that. There are pax out there that KNOW they can use this technique to get around town and cut their fare in half.

You have no recourse whatsoever.

I provide excellent service to my customers. Im not providing extra services for free though. You shouldnt either. But hey, youre a grown man you do you brother!

steveK2016

Sounds like you are actually a bad driver and people are complaining about it. Maybe try something else out?
Keep drinking the koolaid brother. I did the same thing when i started. I took a lady to a liquor store. Closed. Took to another. Waited 8 minutes. Completed trip at final destination. Sweet, made an extra $3 for 15+ extra minutes of my day. Next day, fare review for inefficient route.

All the extra effort wiped out and i was paid from pick up to drop off location based on GPS.

Never again. Feel free to keep losing money. You probably dont even realoze youve been fare reviewed and just truck along thinking youre making it big with your $0.12 a min. Lol.

agtg

Sounds like you are actually a bad driver and people are complaining about it. Maybe try something else out?
You sound like a shill posting from an Uber cubicle farm. Uber has scummed enough riders to get them to play the game, too, and Uber just winks and nods at it all knowing that in the end they've risked very little and made a ton of cash.

agtg

steveK2016

I don't believe he's legit at all. In fact, I've seen a bunch of shill accounts around here "complaining" in vague, useless ways to establish some measure of credibility with the real drivers. You think their marketing team isn't aware of how to manipulate people? They're wickedly masterful at it for those who don't look closely.
Trying to convince us to be good little sheep and wait it out for pax. Classic. I wouldnt doubt it.