4.8X SURGE at Chicago O'Hare Airport (ORD)!!!

SuperWagon

Only problem is, despite being dead-smack in the middle of that 4.8X surge, every single request comes from the airport with ZERO SURGE. Over 20 minutes, I didn't catch one single surge but got bombarded with regular fare ride requests from the airport. Is this a bait-and-switch job or what?? WTFFF
Screenshot_2016-07-28-22-51-15.png
Screenshot_2016-07-28-22-45-20.png
Screenshot_2016-07-28-22-43-48.png

Screenshot_2016-07-28-22-34-48.png

Last edited:

DrinkSoda

I dropped off two passengers in Glenview that were coming from Lollapalooza and noticed surge on the east side of O'Hare. Wasn't 4x + at the time. But somehow I got people pinged for a pickup at terminal 3. I let the request expire. Probably might have accepted it if I had a full tank of gas.

Szuras

any driver who get ping from the zone near airport will be happy but there no surge at airports... welcome in chicago

PRC

So you believe guber surged the burbs @5X to lure drivers close to ORD so they could then cram 1X airport pings down their throats?

Why I nevah in all my days have seen such atrocities fornicated upon such innocents. Shocked I say, simply shocked!
I don't think Uber does it on purpose. They just block the airport, but can't/dont want to adjust the surrounding area. The app is full of glitches, we know it, this is just one of them.

ubersucks666

It's rather obvious that uber filters out the surge at airports... Why pay 4.5x for a guy that only speaks Jamaican mon with 1 hubcap on his camry, when you can get a cab for cheaper, with a guy that also speaks Jamaican mon. It's not a rule or agreement with the city, as Lyft's surge always works at Airports. Uber just knows what dumbasses drive for them and that they will accept anything. Just smart tactics by uber that's all.

Stlman

Lol you uber drivers, that is correct it is there to get you to go there. Only lyft surges at the airports, I caught a 250% surge at Ohare to downtown.

Sure

I would never put it past Uber to surge the surrounding areas to pull in drivers for O'Hare. I didn't even think twice when seeing the thread.

WestSubDriver

This is off topic but I notice that ping is coming from departure level. I have done very few pickups at ORD and the ping has always been from one of the designated pickup zones. Shouldn't the passenger app know they are the airport and make them choose one of the pickup zones? I know that is probably asking too much.

75drive

This is off topic but I notice that ping is coming from departure level. I have done very few pickups at ORD and the ping has always been from one of the designated pickup zones. Shouldn't the passenger app know they are the airport and make them choose one of the pickup zones? I know that is probably asking too much.
The app used to say pick-up A or B. Now it says Vestibule A B C etc... I always text the passenger to verify they're aware that the pick-up location is between Terminal 1 & 2 or Terminal 2 & 3 whichever one applies to them and that there are signs saying "Rideshare Loading Only" they always reply ok. I know you'll find this hard to believe but about half the time they're at Vestibule whatever and then call and ask "Where are you?" WTF! I realize most of the blame falls on Uber but that's why I text the half wits and they still can't figure it out!

Last edited: