1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

4.67 Rating After My First 12 Fares

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by ChrisRap, Sep 5, 2016.

1. ChrisRap

ChrisRap

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello,
    I was hoping that someone could give me insight into this. I'm a new Uber driver and I thought every trip went really well. I don't really know what I did wrong - am I just unlucky? There were no complaints at all in the car while I was driving. There are no comments or anything for me even know what the issue was? Am I going to get deactivated? I didn't think this would be such a stressful scenario.

Any insight I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Digits

Digits

Driving:
    UberX
    Just don't worry and keep doing your best. Your rating will even out eventually if you're good or else there's a Uber university to go to. Good luck!

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Even Uber, as unreasonable as it is, understands that your rating might not be the best, at first.

Simply render the best service that you can.

Be polite or at least civil.

Keep the car clean. Once per week to the car wash usually suffices. Put rubber floor mats into the car. Shake out the things at least once per day or if you notice their being dirty. If there is mud or something on them,. usually a quick wash with a garden hose or a bottle of Spray Nine and a roll of paper towels will handle that. I keep some sort of de-stinkifier in the car, as passengers tend to have pungent carryout, at the least. There are others who have no idea why Proctor and Gamble are in business or those who put out a cigaret just as you are pulling up to the address and drag those smells in with them.

When the user boards the vehicle and you start the trip, tell him that you are going to follow the GPS unless he has a way that he prefers. I use the Jippy Yess only to get to or around certain suburbs, here, but, I have an advantage. If the user prefers a different way, usually he will tell you.

You can do the water, candy, gum, charger thing if you must. The only reason that I do it is that I have it in the cab. If I am going to drive UberX that day instead of the cab, I pull a bunch of stuff out of the cab as it is, so, I just grab the water and the candy while I am at it. I have the AUX cord, but I do not have fifty different kinds of chargers. I used to have one of those round jobbies that had several types of fittings, but after three of them stopped working after only several days' use, I gave up on 'em.

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. Every driver goes through this. If you are a good driver your ratings will even out. If you are not, your rating will show.

Just drive and drive until you get out of the honeymoon stage and go into the next stage of Ubering. This is where you will start working your strategy and realizing why drivers do some of the things they do like log off and wait for the surge or not allow more than max passenger in your car.

For now don't stress and keep on reading this forum.

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. Ck42

Ck42

Hi I'm getting low ratings too but there aren't any comments in the complaint section to know why the low rate. I have been having trouble with the uber navigation system directing me off route taking me longer to get to the destination. I just downloaded waze and hopefully that won't continue.

tohunt4me likes this.
  6. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    After doing Lyft exclusively since October in DC area, I went over to Uber in July of this year. My ratings on Lyft? 4.97. Uber? They reached 4.64 at the lowest point when I first started out. I was doing the SAME exact thing. It really just depends on the idiots that you get for riders. I literally couldn't figure out what I was doing 'wrong' but like the others have said here, it will all even out in the end. Uber bases the rating on last 500 rides so you have some time to bring it up. I also look at the ratings as a good barometer as to how I do and I have really really high expectations for myself but you can't please everyone out there. Esp. since most of our customers are now entitled Burger Flippers.

7. ChrisRap

ChrisRap

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey guys,
    Just dropped of a lady who said she thought I did a great job - she typed a bunch of really positive stuff in the comments section and submitted but it hasn't shown up, what gives? Does it take awhile to post? Also, I'm a 4.69 now... I only did about 5 fares or so today, but now i have 10 5 star ratings and out of 13 rated trips (Once again someone did not give me 5 stars... WHY!?)

I think I'm going to be able to stick around and do this but where is that last riders positive feedback? Do the comment ones take awhile to post?

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    You will see the comments probably tomorrow or next day. Takes a while to show up.

Keep doing it, you're doing fine. It's just that you have minimal rides so it's gonna take a while to get back up.

tohunt4me and ChrisRap like this.
  9. scanfinn

scanfinn

Stop looking at your ratings. You'll be fine.

Shangsta, Jerrie C and tohunt4me like this.
  10. RobK62

RobK62

Driving:
    UberX
    Do not use the Uber anything....down load Waze, and try that. go into settings and select it. ITs not pefect, but its better than what Uber offeres. Also Google is good.

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax knew you were new & were miffed.
    They've gotten used to Somali-esque drivers who speed, run lights, know the best shortcuts & more importantly don't judge their sketch behavior.

JoeD16 and Emp9 like this.
  12. Emp9

Emp9

Driving:
    UberX
    some pax think 4 stars is good. but just in case make sure you smell good not wearing heavy cologne. make sure you feel the pax out talk only if they seem chatty. make sure car is clean and doesnt over smell of freshner as some get sick smelling too much. less is more. ask if they prefer a route , sometimes the app gps send the longer way or a way they arent used to even if its shorter they still *****.

13. vegasheat

vegasheat

With cool passengers on board explain the way the ratings works and they usually will give 5 stars. A 4 star does not equal very good but not perfect it means fire this driver.

14. Dont sweat it, learn how to avoid bad passengers, never start a ride until you can examine their attitude. Give 5 stars liberally, rinse repeat and your score will go up.

Shangsta likes this.
  15. vegasheat

vegasheat

The give out 5 stars is the best advise. I started to 4 star non tippers and rating went down.

16. Your rating is gonna go up and down a lot during your first 500 trips, then it'll level out.

Uber's sneaky rating system is their way of wanting us to kiss people's asses for pennies. Ignore the rating system.

Shangsta likes this.
  17. Shangsta

Shangsta

Yup, as long as you are not deactivated they are almost meaningless. I have a really good rating right now but I have had good passengers. All it takes is one dick who gives 1 stars to ruin your rating.

18. JoeD16

JoeD16

Clean, courteous, safe and know where you're going - oh and shut up unless they initiate a conversation and even then stay neutral and get them the hell out of your car!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    BlueNOX likes this.
  19. Scruffy one

Scruffy one

Relax. Take a deep breath. Don't sweat the rating right now. That is not unusual for being new. I've been at it a year & can't seem to get over 4.82. No matter how good a job you do, somebody will want to stick it to you because they had a bad day or something. If you are really concerned, email them and ask. I used to give out water & all kinds of snacks. Did not help my ratings. People complained about the type of water & snacks. Now, i save the money. I always ask if they have a preferred route, shortcuts & in conversation, let them know, if they are not happy with something I am doing, please let me know so I can correct the problem. I get good response. I keep the radio off. I ask if they want it on & what station. Good luck & don't sweat it.

20. Scruffy one

Scruffy one

Always ask the pax if they have a preferred route.