• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

4.6 rated pax are aweful

UberxD

I don't really want to agree with Uber's cutoff of 4.6 but for some odd reason passenger with 4.6 ratings are kinda aweful / borderline.

I might have to raise my standard to 4.7+ (then I will cry because there won't be any money)

Raider

Strange, I notice the same thing. 4.6 are usually @@@@@@@@ or c*nts. I picked up a 4.4 last night and she was very pleasant, she doesn't know why she has that rating when I brought it up.

Ubermanpt

I got the same thing. Was getting all 5's then when I started back from my break was picking up a bunch of 4.6's since it was so and my rating for the week was 4.5 even though overall 4.9. Pax are feeling more entitled now-a-days. They feel they can turn up the volume themselves, make you wait, bring drinks and food, ect... I set the record straight when they get in, nicely but for firmly. They can take a cab if they want, no offense ubertaxi

just drive

Had a 4.6 the other day, decided to see why. It was a retired older guy. He ubers every day to go work at walmart.

Bart McCoy

Had a 4.0 and 4.4 last week. The 4.0 brought beer bottles to take to the Merriweather shows. Did not try to drink them in the car. He did smell slightly of beer before entering, but other than that, pleasant ride. Same with me 4.4,i gave them both 5 stars

Just like there are jerks who will 4 or 3 star a driver for any ole tidbit, you have drivers who rate like jerks as well.....

UberxD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update: so today I had a 4.6 that was awesome, he's moving up to 4.9.

These pax are either moving up or dropping down, we just don't know what we getting

cp6ин

Just like there are jerks who will 4 or 3 star a driver for any ole tidbit, you have drivers who rate like jerks as well.....
Exactly. We need to stop thinking that we're somehow better than the people we drive. Just as there are jerks among them, there are jerks among us.

New Girl

I accepted a 3.4 last week. She lived near me in Clifton, VA. 19-year-old college student and her friend were so sweet!! Had a great conversation with her Mom in the driveway. Cannot understand why she was so low. The only thing I could think is she lives deep in Clifton and address was a bit hard to find because of the long driveways, perhaps the driver jealous their house was around 15,000 square feet... who knows why but I am over trusting the passenger ratings. This happens ALL THE TIME. Low rated passengers but nice pleasant people. Then I get a 5.0 guy from India and his friends who smelled so badly I was gagging. I had to unroll the windows in the rain it was so bad. I literally told them all to go inside and take a shower (swear to god) because they smelled so horribly.
800 rides and I still have a 9.94 so I don't give a shit anymore, I'll tell them if they smell.
Bottom line for me... I don't trust the rating system anymore and do what I want. Low rated passengers are no different than the rest of them in my opinion.

Emp9

thursday night got a 4.7 . ended up throwing her out , she was talking shit the whole ride i had enough. you just cant tell by rating. had a so so 4.9 rider last night.

UberXTampa

Lower rates = lower ratings for both uber and pax

Non-surge min fare riders with no tip = not a 5 star to pax

Surge fare, even a 1.1x surge = not a 5 star to driver

Uber lowering rates so aggressively to destroy all competition and dominate the market resulted in ratings become a tool to express frustrations.

I am no longer handing out to 99.5% of my pax 5 stars. I give 5 stars to tippers with a few exceptions... Like if I like the pax. Ratings are subjective, pax rate us based on many things that are not in our control. How come we don't do the same? Clearly, we do. It takes two to tango.

New Girl

another stupid @@@@@ today wanting me to drive her 3 yr old home from DCA to McLean with no babyseat and tries to argue that other uber drivers do it. @@@@@ it is illegal and unsafe. not doing it.

KenR

If a rider is 4.0 or above, I'm accepting the ping. If they are out of control once I get there, I'll beg off.

I never encountered pax with very young children, I'm surprised that people are reporting it as a big problem. Baby-Seat Uber does exist still, does it not?

If I ever accepted a ride with a baby pax, I'd make damn sure the pax parents knew that I'd do my best but they are swimming without a lifeguard on this.

New Girl

If a rider is 4.0 or above, I'm accepting the ping. If they are out of control once I get there, I'll beg off.

I never encountered pax with very young children, I'm surprised that people are reporting it as a big problem. Baby-Seat Uber does exist still, does it not?

If I ever accepted a ride with a baby pax, I'd make damn sure the pax parents knew that I'd do my best but they are swimming without a lifeguard on this.
Why the hell would you drive a kid without a carseat? The ticket alone in VA is $50 get caught a second time it's $500. Dangerous and irresponsible to drive a small child without a car seat.

KenR

And cheapness. UberX + Carseat will only cost them a few more dollars than regular UberX. But I guess they prioritize saving a few bucks over putting their kid at significant risk. Gee whiz, exemplary parents.....
Get off your high horses you pious, priggish @@@@@@@@.

You know that if you were faced with people in need you would work it out. At least I would hope so. But maybe you wouldn't, maybe you really would insist upon technocrating down the common swill in which you so proudly volunteer to swim, you @@@@@@@@.

Yes, I'd try to help a family in need out. No, you'd fab off citing LAWYHERS.

@@@@ you dogs who call yourself people.

I will provide superior customer service, and help a family in need out.

And, as I said, refer others to Uber drivers who have baby seats.

nutzareus

No, @@@@ you! There is UberX + Car Seat option in the app! By accepting them you are enabling these irresponsible parents and transporting the young children illegally by law. They are willing to save $10 per ride but if an accident happens it's your ass going to jail.

Another Uber Driver

And cheapness. UberX + Carseat will only cost them a few more dollars than regular UberX. But I guess they prioritize saving a few bucks over putting their kid at significant risk. Gee whiz, exemplary parents.....

You have seen, perhaps, parents' jaywalking with a baby carriage, small children in tow, or both? I see this more than a few times in a day. It ranges from crossing in the middle of the block, where there is no crosswalk or signal to crossing against not only the pedestrian signal, but the traffic light. I have seen parents with baby carriage and small children in tow, and, both, not even looking at either traffic or the signal/light as they jaywalk.

I read, and, have read, from time-to-time about a parent and child's crossing a street and the child's getting clipped while the parent walks away unscathed. I am sure that in more than one case, the parent was jaywalking with the child in tow. The child pays the price for the parent's stupidity. The child is dumb: he does what the parent tells him or follows the parent.

There was a study published here that demonstrated that pedestrians were as much to blame for pedestrian fatalities as were aberrant motorists. Because the results were not fashionable, the study was swept under the rug. Jurisdictions will not police jaywalking because, as David Catania put it, "that is not the best use of the Police". Jaywalking is responsible not only for pedestrian fatalities and injuries, it helps to create traffic jams, as well.