4.6 Passenger - "I ordered food for pick up, can you stop by?"

Joshua J

Got a 4.6 passenger from a hotel..Whenever I get those 4.5-4.6 passengers, I always wonder what they did to get rated so low. Sometimes I am baffled and sometimes I completely understand it.

On top of it, this guy sent a text to me on accident complaining about Uber "taking forever" WHILE has was in the car that he intended for his friend/girlfriend. Literally, I got there in 4 minutes(the estimated) and it took another 2 minutes to find him(wait timer had just started and he was not at the standard hotel lobby front area).

Also, a pax ordering food ahead of time for "pickup" other than your destination pretty much forces me as a driver to stop by rather than ask if its OK first.

These are about the only types I rate 4 stars - especially if they don't tip. $3/hour driving is so rewarding.

brianboru

Got a 4.6 passenger from a hotel..Whenever I get those 4.5-4.6 passengers, I always wonder what they did to get rated so low. Sometimes I am baffled and sometimes I completely understand it.

On top of it, this guy sent a text to me on accident complaining about Uber "taking forever" WHILE has was in the car that he intended for his friend/girlfriend. Literally, I got there in 4 minutes(the estimated) and it took another 2 minutes to find him(wait timer had just started and he was not at the standard hotel lobby front area).

Also, a pax ordering food ahead of time for "pickup" other than your destination pretty much forces me as a driver to stop by rather than ask if its OK first.

These are about the only types I rate 4 stars - especially if they don't tip. $3/hour driving is so rewarding.

4 stars??? Don't your 1,2, and 3 star buttons work?

Uber_Yota_916

There is a simple solution. It is obvious to me the issue is that you picked up a pax with a 4.6 rating. That is on you. It is time to start discriminate, screen, pass up, whatever you want to call it, passengers with sub 4.8 ratings. Let someone else have the pleasure of picking them up.

Last edited:

Julescase

Ugh! I'm so sorry- they sound truly atrocious. WTH??!! What @@@@heads.

tohunt4me

My tourists.
I always feed them when asked to.
You dont have much food opportunity at a hotel.

Julescase

For the sake of other drivers in your area, you should absolutely 1-star folks like that. Wait a few days or a week then 1-star him. He deserves no more.

tohunt4me

I

Bet alcohol was involved.

The mayor of my city appreciates being accomodating to tourists.

AuxCordBoston

1 star is appropriate.

Joshua J

There is a simple solution. It is obvious to me the issue is that you picked up a pax with a 4.6 rating. That is on you. It is time to start discriminate, screen, pass up, whatever you want to call it, passengers with sub 4.8 ratings. Let someone else have the pleasure of picking them up.

In my time frame & thanks to oversaturation, I'm lucky to have 4-5 passengers over a 6 hour period. It's tough to really be picky but I get your advice.

I will take the advice of the forum and after a week, start punishing the Fast Food stoppers and alternative destination "stops". I had one the other day want to goto Dollar General to "pick up a few things, just a minute" and he comes out carrying 4-5 bags. In fact, let me go ding that fool now .

Question - Can pax go back and change ratings like drivers?

Last edited:
I was a 5 star pax for the 3 months i was using uber until some jackass decided to rate me low

I didn't bother talking to whole drive because it was early in the morning (He didn't make an effort to have conversation either), I just greeted them and sat quiet sending emails. I don't make messes, I respect the persons vehicle, always buckled up and I definitely don't stink (LMAO)

However he rated me bad and it dropped me to 4.5 or 4.6 , I eventually got it back up to 4.91 rating within a day. I even tipped the jackass (Karmas a @@@@@ when you know who it is)

People are just picky dick wads imo, hating on people with a 4.3 or higher is pathetic

I always look out for the bad ratings especially when I know i did nothing wrong to trigger these @@@@@@@@. I hope they'll enjoy the 10 cent tip next time, I usually give $5-20 to good drivers, sometimes

I don't tip right away just to see if the driver is that shitty of a person to give bad rating over the tips

Last edited:

Joshua J

I always look out for the bad ratings especially when I know i did nothing wrong to trigger these @@@@@@@@. I hope they'll enjoy the 10 cent tip next time, I usually give $5-20 to good drivers

I usually rate 5 stars to every PAX - tip or not.

The only times I even consider less is if I am asked to do special favors(they want an extra stop/pause/break for fast food) or they say they'll tip on the app(and don't.)

3 stars or less, for me usually is bad behavior such as racist BS, touching my car instruments without asking(air conditioner), etc.

The only times I even consider less is if I am asked to do special favors(they want an extra stop/pause/break for fast food) or they say they'll tip on the app(and don't.)

3 stars or less, for me usually is bad behavior such as racist BS, touching my car instruments without asking(air conditioner), etc.

i usually say i'll tip on the app, it won't be right away when they want it. but it'll be within the next hour or two (sometimes/rarely within the day if i'm busy)

Ardery

Josh,

the pax asking you to stop by on the way to their destination to pickup food... thats not the worst thing in the world.

a pax with a 4.6 rating isn't necessarily bad anymore. not nowadays.

you got these driver chumps rating passengers a 1 if they don't tip. they shouldn't do that.

people-- please don't down rate pax for not tipping.

1 or 2 stars are meant for psychotic rude drunks, stinky unshowered people, rude ass entitled m'effers.

if everybody down rates pax for not tipping, then nobody will be able to determine good pax from the bad pax examples mentioned above.

I've done the stop by 7-11 on the way lots of times. it gives me a chance to grab a drink or a snack too. 3-4 minutes - boom - done.

there are way too many other psycho pax we need to worry about. food stops... eh, isn't so terrible. I get this kind of request maybe twice a week... if that.

be cool to people, they'll be cool back.

i just try to keep a positive outlook.

Joshua J

Josh,

the pax asking you to stop by on the way to their destination to pickup food... thats not the worst thing in the world.

I think the problem is Uber pays literally next to nothing for "sitting" at a drive through or waiting for someone to pick up food. It's practically me doing it for free and it denies me future requests while waiting(another unknown variable in cost). If Uber paid more for "idle time", I wouldn't mind sitting in a drive through or dollar tree but otherwise...its just a waste of time for myself. I also don't downrate pax for not tipping in ANY other situation.

Ardery

I was a 5 star pax for the 3 months i was using uber until some jackass decided to rate me low

I didn't bother talking to whole drive because it was early in the morning (He didn't make an effort to have conversation either), I just greeted them and sat quiet sending emails. I don't make messes, I respect the persons vehicle, always buckled up and I definitely don't stink (LMAO)

However he rated me bad and it dropped me to 4.5 or 4.6 , I eventually got it back up to 4.91 rating within a day. I even tipped the jackass (Karmas a ***** when you know who it is)

People are just picky &%[email protected]!* wads imo, hating on people with a 4.3 or higher is pathetic

I always look out for the bad ratings especially when I know i did nothing wrong to trigger these @@@@@@@@. I hope they'll enjoy the 10 cent tip next time, I usually give $5-20 to good drivers, sometimes

I don't tip right away just to see if the driver is that shitty of a person to give bad rating over the tips
^ ^ ^ ^
EXACTLY

STOP leaving bad ratings to passengers for ridiculous unnecessary reasons.

a lot of drivers are so angry... so bitter... you're automatically starting to hate the next passenger before he even gets in the car.

be cool everyone.
don't hate so much.

I think the problem is Uber pays literally next to nothing for "sitting" at a drive through or waiting for someone to pick up food. It's practically me doing it for free and it denies me future requests while waiting(another unknown variable in cost). If Uber paid more for "idle time", I wouldn't mind sitting in a drive through or dollar tree but otherwise...its just a waste of time for myself. I also don't downrate pax for not tipping in ANY other situation.
oh shiit... dollar tree? LOL
nah, that's my limit.

picking up a pizza or a sandwich from a pizza joint, or stopping at 7-11 is all I'd do.

anytime I stopped to let the pax pick up their pizza... i was *always* offered a slice.

but stopping to let them go shopping at the dollar store? no way.

I once stopped at a liquor store and waited 5 min for the passenger to pick up some supplies. I got a 10 dollar tip out of it.

Josh, I understand the time waste factor, especially when your next ride is on the line. I do understand your point too.

Bpr2

Oh like on a pool ride and the pax requests a drive thru and right before we got to Taco Bell another rider was added and couldn't go thru and the pax thru a fit? Heh. Told him that I warned him and next time to order x if he wanted drive thru. "But it was $3 more!" "You get what you pay for"