1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

3rd Booking Fee Increase of 2017

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Maven, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Maven

Maven Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber appears to be rolling out the 3rd booking fee increase this year, with a corresponding minimum fare increase. I expect Lyft to match the Uber Booking Fee increase soon. It's 40 cents for XL and 50 cents for XL and premium. For UberX:
    • In February, from $1.30 to $1.65
    • then $1.65 to $1.80
    • Now in July, 1.80 to $2.20
    This is a 69% increase since February. Of course, Drivers get none of it!
    Does anyone seriously believe that Uber's overhead, matching a driver and rider, has increased 69% in six months?
    More likely skyrocketing legal fees, write-off of failing self-driving program, and of course TK's Golden Parachute.

This must be part of Uber's well publicized "180 days of change". You got a tip feature, right? (sarcastic)
    Uber may now take over half the rider fare when you add both the booking fee and the (up to 30%) Uber cut.
    Even more than half for Upfront Pricing and various other tricks.

Please let us know if and when you see any booking fee increase in your market. The easiest way is using the rider-App, not the driver-App.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Genedogg

Genedogg New Member

Yep it went up 40 cents in Charlotte.

3. Tihstae

Tihstae Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have ridden in Orlando in the past so the pax app told me Orlando went up $0.50 in booking fee.

I feel sorry for Orlando drivers.

4. Veju

Veju Well-Known Member

They made more then I did on my last 2 trips.

Attached Files:

5. AllGold

AllGold Well-Known Member

The booking fee just went up $.35 in my market.

Before the booking fee increase, on a minimum fare trip here, Uber was taking at least 54% of what the rider pays (more if playing games with up-front pricing). The booking fee just took effect and I haven't done any trips yet so I don't know if it's worse now, but I just assume no Uber change really helps the drivers.

Uber has to pay their 14,000 employees somehow. I could see maybe a couple thousand but I can't even begin to comprehend what the hell 14,000 people do for that company.

6. dbla

dbla Well-Known Member

San Diego went up 30 cents

7. Mco

Mco New Member

its now $2.70 in Orlando

8. Tihstae

Tihstae Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Booking fee increased to $3.00 in Ventura as well. I think it was $2.55 before this weekend.

So Uber quietly (at least to drivers) gave themselves another raise this past week. Looks like it went up EVERYWHERE.

9. yankdog

yankdog Well-Known Member

So Uber raises booking fees and in some cases base rates, pays themselves, gives drivers nothing, but a measly top option and we are supposed to praise then for "helping the driver's"? No

10. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Yeah, they increased the booking fee in SAn diego, and they claim "goes to operating costs". HEY, what about driver operating costs? This is their way of increasing the rate without increasing pay.

11. REDSEA

REDSEA Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    IMG_3662.jpg On recent trip I made 2.38 Uber made 2.65...went live last Friday.

12. autofill

autofill Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's all part of the 180 degree days of change. Before driver's take was roughly 60/40 split but now it's 40/60 split. Uber now makes 60% of the pax fare on the majority of all trips.

13. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

If they are using booking fees to help regulatory, safety and operating cost, what are they using the 25%+ commission on? The commission also pays for their operating cost.

14. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    I guess that lower booking fees do not mean higher earnings for Uber.

15. yankdog

Or us. But fear not we have the tipping feature now.

16. Another Uber Driver

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Has it yet arrived in Washington on UberX? We have had it on Uber Taxi since Day One, but not on UberX.

17. yankdog

Nope not yet in DC. My cynicism aside, it will help a little. Had 3 airport runs this morning and made 25 in tips and all great convo about tips and said they'd do more with the app. 2 asked for my PayPal to send more lol.

18. Wardell Curry

Wardell Curry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    **** is crazy. I saw a fare where Uber ended up with 58% of what the rider paid. Drivers are getting leas than half of the fare but it's ok as long as they are getting paid time and distance. **** outta here with that BS. This booking fee on top of upfront pricing is ridiculous. Im glad there is no booking fee in my market.

19. Another Uber Driver

Driving:
    UberTAXI

Is this because New York does not allow one or there just is not one? There used to be a booking fee on UberT, when it was available, there.

20. Wardell Curry

Wardell Curry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Im not sure but there is another fee deducted called a black car fee. 2 5% of all fares. Maybe that is why. Plus there are more restrictions needed to do uber here like getting taxi license, commercial insurance and taxi plates.