• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$375 a week for a 2017 Toyota Camry, Is that a good price?

If you have a NEWER car (2016-2017) Are you paying MORE then $400 or Less

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jacob440

Im looking to rent a new car

I just got a price for a 2017 Toyota Camry for $375 a week,
Is that a good price? or can i get anywhere a better price?

The company looked good and they have nice cars

Yes i know i can find cheaper for OLD cars but i want a newer car,

Any recommendations?

jacob440

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin B Wardell Curry

I agree,
But i will be sitting in the car most of the day,
So i want to be in a newer fresher car with less problems,

I had a older car til now and it was at the shop every 2 weeks with another problem,
Newer cars dont have these issues and its nicer cleaner and more comfortable drive,

Again thats my opinion,

Jga8035

I wish i can tell you but idk bro but $375 we talking about $1500 monthly and this business are really slow but if you think you can handle thoses payments go head

burgerflipper

375 for a new camry is as good as ur going to get.

maybe yu will get an older camry (2013 maybe) for 350 and save 25 a week.

or maybe you wont.

is it worth it to pay an extra 25 for a much nicer car? from experience i can say you will get better ratings and pax will be friendlier. dont really know about tips.

then again, maybe my current car is really pushing the limits for driveability. my old car was a new camry.

theitalian

375$ a week for a 2017 is a good price. The rental associated with Uber offer usually a 2017 for 460$ a week.

burgerflipper

375$ a week for a 2017 is a good price. The rental associated with Uber offer usually a 2017 for 460$ a week.
yes, thats what i meant to say. for a new camry, 375 is better than you can expect. 460 is a bit steep, you can easily get them for 400 - 425

Hairytee

Also make sure the $375 is the total price. They may add taxes and additional fees onto that price once you sign up. Best thing to do is to buy a car. Go on Autotrader and search for a car a few hundred miles outside of NYC. Cars are cheaper away from the city and can get great deals.

FuberNYC

$375 is an excellent deal, I remember paying $415 for the same car, well I didn't pay, Uber paid for me for 2 weeks while I was getting my car tlc plated.

ffran347

Check their deductible for the accident. Usually is a 1000$. I hope for you that the company is not Tower.
Tower will never give you a brand new camry for $375 a week, who are you kidding. I remember thats what they wanted for a Nissan Sentra, the Camry's were $420 and up.

islanders88

Also make sure the $375 is the total price. They may add taxes and additional fees onto that price once you sign up. Best thing to do is to buy a car. Go on Autotrader and search for a car a few hundred miles outside of NYC. Cars are cheaper away from the city and can get great deals.
totally agree...had a friend buy a used 2016 Camry with 16k miles from an auction in Jersey for 13 grands. Renting companies is not worth it. You can buy a 2006/2007 Camry for up to 3 grands and drive in Long Island instead, without TLC ever bothering with some BS license fees, commercial insurance and other crap.

If you are going to rent and drive for Uber in NYC, you might as well do UberEats, bcz after deducting $375 per week, you'll be making something similar to what an UberEats driver makes.

Last edited: