• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$372/week

Rat

Get this... Uber is advertising $372/week average fare for drivers during March in Tallahassee. That's fares, not payout. So maybe $280? In payout. Subtract gas, maybe $210? Yep, big bucks!!

Rat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then along came Spring Break and forget even that.

Rat

Honesty would have required a mention of the Uber fees that are deducted from that.

FloridaUber

Get this... Uber is advertising $372/week average fare for drivers during March in Tallahassee. That's fares, not payout. So maybe $280? In payout. Subtract gas, maybe $210? Yep, big bucks!!
Was that at minimum? 2-days not including promotion money.

FloridaUber

My point was that is pretty crappy pay. Friday and Saturday were unusually busy because of events.
$15 dollars an hour is bad?

They weren't unusually busy at all, I've driven four weekends there and all have been good and around the same amount of $15/16 dollars an hour. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

Not to mention, Friday/this weekend had promotion guarantee rates that haven't even been added to that overall amount. I'll likely end up making around $500 for two days.

Maybe you're not hustling enough, I don't know. When I work, I hustle.

Rat

They weren't unusually busy at all, I've driven four weekends there and all have been good and around the same amount of $15/16 dollars an hour. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

Not to mention, Friday/this weekend had promotion guarantee rates that haven't even been added to that overall amount. I'll likely end up making around $500 for two days.

Yes, $15/hr is bad. After expenses and commissions it's even worse. There is not going to be anything added to your account because you exceeded the guarantee. But I can see why you think $15/hr is good pay. You never earned good pay.

Jagent

Is that $372 worth of upfront pricing fares? If so, the driver is told that the fare was only $275, out of which Uber keeps $68 commission, which leaves $207 for the driver.

$15/hr is a joke, especially considering you're paying for gas and wearing out your car, and paying self employment taxes.

FloridaUber

Yes, $15/hr is bad. After expenses and commissions it's even worse. There is not going to be anything added to your account because you exceeded the guarantee. But I can see why you think $15/hr is good pay. You never earned good pay.
Work another job then?

15 dollars + is good for part time work, to work whenever I want. Not to mention Tallahassee has great rates compared to the rest of Florida. I'll make about $50 dollars extra in promotions. Stop whining about Uber.

Is that $372 worth of upfront pricing fares? If so, the driver is told that the fare was only $275, out of which Uber keeps $68 commission, which leaves $207 for the driver.

Nah, $9 dollars is a joke. I filled up once. There are car options such as leasing, not to mention there are specific leasing programs through Uber, think.

There are litterally millions of other jobs who pay you less, to do harder work, with shittier circumstances. Uber is easy.

Rat

You seem to be assuming I made less than you. You assume four weekends is indicative of the whole year. You are an arrogant fool.

FloridaUber

You seem to be assuming I made less than you. You assume four weekends is indicative of the whole year. You are an arrogant fool.
Do you know how the law of averages works? Serious question. Florida has limited city restrictions, etc.

I know I make more than you based on the fact that you choose to whine about something that is inconveniencing you because you don't want to work hard. You literally complained about a dollar amount weekly guarantee that I made in two days.

Back to my original point, do something else if you don't like Uber.

Jagent

Do you know how the law of averages works? Serious question. Florida has limited city restrictions, etc.

I know I make more than you based on the fact that you choose to whine about something that is inconveniencing you because you don't want to work hard. You literally complained about a dollar amount weekly guarantee that I made in two days.

I bet you just started driving.

Rat

Work another job then?

15 dollars + is good for part time work, to work whenever I want. Not to mention Tallahassee has great rates compared to the rest of Florida. I'll make about $50 dollars extra in promotions. Stop whining about Uber.

Nah, $9 dollars is a joke. I filled up once. There are car options such as leasing, not to mention there are specific leasing programs through Uber, think.

There are litterally millions of other jobs who pay you less, to do harder work, with shittier circumstances. Uber is easy.
If you were the great driver you seem to think you are, you would already make more than the guarantees. I did, and I don't pretend to be a "hustler". There is no Uber leasing program in Tallahassee. Leasing costs much more than owning, anyway. $15/hr minus your expenses is shit pay. I make double that, plus health insurance, sick pay, paid time off, and retirement at a regular job, and I consider that to be just slightly above average. I beat the $24/hr guaranteed earnings , but you didn't, so let's not brag about your hustle, OK?

I do do something else. There is no "weekly guarantee". You clearly have no concept of the law of averages. I wasn't whining, I was pointing out the foolishment of Uber's advertising a subminimum wage to attract drivers. You think you will get extra pay because of the advertised minimum hourly earnings. I earned more than those amounts. You are both arrogant and a fool. Uber is the best you will ever do.

I bet you just started driving.
Wait till he figures out what "minimum hourly earnings" actually means. He'll be "But,but,wait,what?"

FloridaUber

If you were the great driver you seem to think you are, you would already make more than the guarantees. I did, and I don't pretend to be a "hustler". There is no Uber leasing program in Tallahassee. Leasing costs much more than owning, anyway. $15/hr minus your expenses is shit pay. I make double that, plus health insurance, sick pay, paid time off, and retirement at a regular job, and I consider that to be just slightly above average. I beat the $24/hr guaranteed earnings , but you didn't, so let's not brag about your hustle, OK?
Ah the typical, avoid the question altogether and put it on the other person, good one. That isn't in fact what the law of averages is though.

I'm sure you do all you claim to do and still find time to complain about Uber on the side.

There were five promotions you clearly only worked two, that's unfortunate.

Anyway, this has been fun.

Rat

Ah the typical, avoid the question altogether and put it on the other person, good one. That isn't in fact what the law of averages is though.

I'm sure you do all you claim to do and still find time to complain about Uber on the side.

There were five promotions you clearly only worked two, that's unfortunate.

Anyway, this has been fun.
What would lead you to assume I only worked two? Other than to continue your delusion of adequacy? I made no statement as to what the law of averages was, so to claim I got it wrong was a bit asinine.

Rat

I spoke of their advertisement, not a guarantee. You know nothing about what I make but you want to pretend you do. You are trying to boost your self esteem by making up lies about me. You are pathetic.