$35 base from Long Beach to North Hollywood

onionhead

well i was dragged to LB last night. I don’t like it down there. I’ll be frank. It’s the people. So i set a DF to the valley just to get the hell out as soon as possible. And the first ping i get was to the metro station off lankershim.

Cool, i thought. I’m outta this b. Was a 45+ min drive. That means money, right. Drop the girl off, review fare. $35. A sudden high pitch ringing in my right ear deafened me momentarily.

This job has spoiled me. Why do i feel like i’ve been taken advantage of when never before in my life have i ever made $35/hr. I was expecting at least $60 because of the last time i did a similar trip. Anyway, i ended up averaging around $27/hr the entire night and i still feel like i failed.

Lady Driver LBC

well i was dragged to LB last night. I don’t like it down there. I’ll be frank. It’s the people. So i set a DF to the valley just to get the hell out as soon as possible. And the first ping i get was to the metro station off lankershim.

Cool, i thought. I’m outta this b. Was a 45+ min drive. That means money, right. Drop the girl off, review fare. $35. A sudden high pitch ringing in my right ear deafened me momentarily.

This job has spoiled me. Why do i feel like i’ve been taken advantage of when never before in my life have i ever made $35/hr. I was expecting at least $60 because of the last time i did a similar trip. Anyway, i ended up averaging around $27/hr the entire night and i still feel like i failed.
That's what you get for hating on the LBC. Ain't nothin' wrong with us!

joetheuberdriver

What time was it? It was a boost 1.3 all night?

Travis -k

Why do i feel like i’ve been taken advantage of when never before in my life have i ever made $35/hr.
Because your subconscious is smarter then your conscious, it is factoring in operating cost and total time spent, you must total all your earnings for the year, month or week and divide it by the total hours in your car doing ride share. Your subconscious is doing this, your conscious is not, a lot of drivers fudge the numbers and lie to them selves in order to feel better about the situation.

FreakOfNature

Because your subconscious is smarter then your conscious, it is factoring in operating cost and total time spent, you must total all your earnings for the year, month or week and divide it by the total hours in your car doing ride share. Your subconscious is doing this, your conscious is not, a lot of drivers fudge the numbers and lie to them selves in order to feel better about the situation.

Well said

20yearsdriving

It's because it will always average to less than 20.00 per hour