30% Uber Service Fee

Rich2017

I just signed up with uber and I am new uber driver. Yesterday I checked my payment statement, what suprises me is that my uber fee is 30% of my gross earning. Is that right? I thought the fee should be only 25%. If anyone can help me would be great.

sliderz

Im pretty sure based on the time of you signing up, they (Uber) are taking 30 points from you.
The original drivers from day 1 are on the 20% and the drivers signed up from last year are at the 25% level.

Rich2017

Im pretty sure based on the time of you signing up, they (Uber) are taking 30 points from you.
The original drivers from day 1 are on the 20% and the drivers signed up from last year are at the 25% level.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:I guess there is no point to drive for them then. 30% plus GST you have to pay on the gross fare. Nothing much left.

Rich2017

Maybe that will keep new drivers from entering the system, but I doubt it.
Seriously no one told me it is going to be 30% uber fee when I signed up. I would have another thought to drive for them if I knew it is going to be 30%.

I guess uber keeps bumping up it's service fee to recover it's huge losses. But it looks like this is doing little help. They (uber) still lost $708 mil USD last quarter.

Rich2017

Attachments

• IMG_5027.jpg
    IMG_5027.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 65