30% Uber Cut

Maven

Are you a "new" driver who started July 2017 or later? You probably know that the Uber Cut is subtracted from every fare and delivery. Do new drivers, who started July 2017 or later in New Jersey, have a 30% Uber Cut or the 25% Uber Cut assigned to New Jersey drivers who started earlier? I know that the oldest drivers were assigned a 20% Uber cut.

New York State drivers, who mostly started July 2017 or later, report a 30% Uber Cut, except for a 25% Uber Cut on UberEats deliveries in NYC Suburbs.

Please reply if you started July 2017 or later in New Jersey with your Uber Cut percentage.
Is your Uber cut for UberEats deliveries different, like in NYC-Suburbs?
If possible, reply with a screenshot of both an UberEats delivery and UberX.

Last edited:

Caspita

How about 50% or 60% better? It no longer matters lol! Even if you joined 100 years ago upfront pricing makes it kind of meaningless. Only advantage of being a veteran is you get a better % of the per mile/minute base rate 0.93/0.15. Some get 80% others 75% of that. But fuber is not charging base rates to pax any longer. They’ll do a calculation bases whatever they gate out of their a$$ and charge the pax. Then we get paid based on milage/minutes. Fuber might be even charge surge rates on top of that pass nothing to the driver!

Maven

How about 50% or 60% better? It no longer matters lol! Even if you joined 100 years ago upfront pricing makes it kind of meaningless. Only advantage of being a veteran is you get a better % of the per mile/minute base rate 0.93/0.15. Some get 80% others 75% of that. But fuber is not charging base rates to pax any longer. They’ll do a calculation bases whatever they gate out of their a$$ and charge the pax. Then we get paid based on milage/minutes. Fuber might be even charge surge rates on top of that pass nothing to the driver!
Upfront pricing, while egregious, IMHO is not that prevalent - yet, although I do not know the actual numbers. Do you?

Since you believe that upfront pricing "makes it kind of meaningless" does that mean that you plan to email Uber customer support and request that your Uber Cut be increased to 30%, 50%, or more? Or perhaps, you have discerned a meaning, like me who would love to have a 20% Uber Cut. For every $1000 earned, each 5% difference means $50 in my pocket instead of Uber's.

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

I signed up a long time ago as a 20 percenter. I then "guest drove" in another CA city for a couple of weeks and was bumped up to 25% for that stint. However, when I returned to SF they refused to restore the deduction to 20 percent and I had to fight very, very hard with them to get them to do it. There have also been a couple of occasions where they have randomly bumped me up to 25 percent for no apparent reason, although these have been easier fixes, with the Greenlight hub bots blaming it on convenient "system errors" and then crediting my account with the missing money. Of course, it's always a good idea to do regular spot checks on fares to make sure there is no cheating by Uber going on.

What's the point of this thread? What are you getting at?
He wants to know if those who started in July 2017 receive less pay per mile/min than drivers who started before this date.

Cigars

Upfront pricing, while egregious, IMHO is not that prevalent - yet, although I do not know the actual numbers. Do you?.

Not that prevalent??
Since May, when we agreed to the contract addendum, none of us are working on a percentage basis.
When we hit "agree" we agreed that Uber can charge the customer $100 and pay us $3.71.
Uber can charge the customer whatever they want and you will get paid the base rate unless they throw you a small "surge" bone.

Maven

I ask because the OPs first reply to someone is just arguing with them...
You're correct. I allowed this thread to go way off-topic. :frown: Hopefully, we can return to the original purpose.

Please reply if you started July 2017 or later in New Jersey with your Uber Cut percentage.
Is your Uber cut for UberEats deliveries different, like in NYC-Suburbs?
If possible, reply with a screenshot of both an UberEats delivery and UberX.

reg barclay

New York State drivers, who mostly started July 2017 or later, report a 30% Uber Cut, except for a 25% Uber Cut on UberEats deliveries in NYC Suburbs.
NY State takes certain taxes ('TNC Assessment' and 'Black Car Fund') from NYC suburbs trips. these taxes are deducted prior to Ubers cut meaning that those on 20% commission get around 0.75 per mile and those on 25% get around 0.70 per mile (which makes it look like they are paying 30% commission since the official rate before taxes/ubers cut is $1.00 per mile). My guess is that this got mistakenly reported as 30% commission.

Maven

NY State takes certain taxes ('TNC Assessment' and 'Black Car Fund') from NYC suburbs trips. these taxes are deducted prior to Ubers cut meaning that those on 20% commission get around 0.75 per mile and those on 25% get around 0.70 per mile (which makes it look like they are paying 30% commission since the official rate before taxes/ubers cut is $1.00 per mile). My guess is that this got mistakenly reported as 30% commission.
Thank you. :smiles: Great point that I had not taken into account. Questions for you:
  • Do you believe these fees apply equally to UberEats Deliveries and UberX?
  • Are these fees implemented across all of Upstate-NY or just NYC-Suburbs?

wk1102

signed up a long time ago as a 20 percenter. I then "guest drove" in another CA city for a couple of weeks and was bumped up to 25% for that stint. However, when I returned to SF they refused to restore the deduction to 20 percent and I had to fight very, very hard with them to get them to do it. There have also been a couple of occasions where they have randomly bumped me up to 25 percent for no apparent reason

Same thing happened to me of Florida, they are currently taking 25%. Sometimes I get it fixed easily other times it's a pita.

Entitled_ Bro

All of you private NY plated Ubers