*30* minute TimeOut

marelano

Let the timer run on out 2, count'em TWO pool rides. Now im scolded looking at the corner wearing my dunce hat for 30Min. . Thanks uber

second2noone

have you been accepting and then canceling or just letting them ping through?

pretty idiotic that Fuber increases 4min to 30 min timeout. nothing in between

UberReallySucks

have you been accepting and then canceling or just letting them ping through?

pretty idiotic that Fuber increases 4min to 30 min timeout. nothing in between
This is the process of punishment from Uber and I have experienced every single one of them
1. 4 min timeout
2. 30 min timeout
3. You think you're online but you're not... :smiles: Check your Pax App to find out your car doesn't exist.

UberReallySucks

And I'm also now getting all the SSRs, which I like to call shitty short rides ... I could be @ the queue with a whole bunch of other drivers .... and as I get to 0 - 10 min I'm the one who gets the call for the idiot wanting to go across the street from the Hilton to Terminal 1 SAN... This in no way can be just a coincidence.... it's happened too too many times.

second2noone

yeah don't get all excited and wet your pants right when you enter pigpen and then you think you won lottery by not having to wait the 13 -24 min.

UberIsAllFubared

If we are independent contractors, we should be allowed to let as many pings timeout as we want. Yesterday, I let an uberx timeout cause the guy had a 4.0 rating (how does that even happen unless you are the worst possible rider ever). So if I get three pings from riders with very low ratings I am punished by a 4 minute time out? This is just another law suit waiting to happen. I mean, why even have the rating system if I can't decide who I am gonna take and who I am not gonna take.

UberIsAllFubared

And I'm also now getting all the SSRs, which I like to call shitty short rides ... I could be @ the queue with a whole bunch of other drivers .... and as I get to 0 - 10 min I'm the one who gets the call for the idiot wanting to go across the street from the Hilton to Terminal 1 SAN... This in no way can be just a coincidence.... it's happened too too many times.
I have always maintained uber writes something into their algorithm about rewarding drivers who have a high rating and high acceptance rate the long rides, especially when they have other drivers in the vicinity. I would stake second2noone life on this. :biggrin:

UberReallySucks

I have always maintained uber writes something into their algorithm about rewarding drivers who have a high rating and high acceptance rate the long rides, especially when they have other drivers in the vicinity. I would stake second2noone life on this. :biggrin:
Ahhh If we only had a disgruntled Uber insider on our side!!!

Old Smokey

What the hell are you crying about? UP shut me down for two weeks for not being sensitive or politically correct on this forum. Take a bathroom break, and get ready for your next FUBER POOL FARE!!!!!

Jake2016

With the 30 min timeouts, or any shady practices by Uber, each of us should do the following:

1. Ask Uber's support team to provide their policy/standard operating procedure regarding the timeouts (I see them very evasive regarding my open inquiry into the matter)
2. Ask Uber to compensate for the lost productivity, due to the apparent unfair practice of punishing partners (=independent contractors, according to their definition and advertising) for skipping inconvenient rides
3. Pass it to the class action lawyers and continue to build the case against the morons who are mistreating us by forcing to do what we are not supposed to

Does it make sense?

UberIsAllFubared

Here is the thing, why even have a passenger rating if we are potentially penalized for ignoring a ping from a low rated request. At the end of the day it's so illegal for them to do this. I understand penalties for extremely high cancellations, but not for low acceptence.

second2noone

Here is the thing, why even have a passenger rating if we are potentially penalized for ignoring a ping from a low rated request. At the end of the day it's so illegal for them to do this. I understand penalties for extremely high cancellations, but not for low acceptence.
it's all a facade. fuber saying feedback and ratings can be given for pax as well as drivers. To say it goes both ways.

fuber can use ratings to deactivate us but they will do nothing to pax other than reset it back to 5.0.