• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

30 Days of stats.....

KC7NEC

Good Morning Utah Ants!

So I have been tracking stats using a custom database tool over the past 30 days. Below are some screenshots and details of some of what I have been able to learn. As a major caveat, these are based on my driving and may not reflect everyone or anyone else in the market.

This is my main stats dashboard. It is updated in real-time while I am working. You will notice that I don't even work 8 hours a day on average. This does not include days I take off completely. Some days I work 4 hours, some 10.

This is looking at my average for each day over the 30 day period. It is the hourly average so even though I work less on certain days the calulations are based on the time on those days.

More in-depth view using information from the Uber statements. For my setup afternoon is 11-3, Evening 3-7, Night 7-12, Late 12am-6am, Morning 6-11. This is the per trip and not hourly. You can easily see that I don't drive the drunks home.

I have much more data that I have an analysis of including my pay-per-mile after expenses and such but have not added them to a graphical view. Just thought I would share some interesting stuff that I have worked on.

losiglow

Looks good. That's about what I used to be at, when I drove during different times of the day. I'm largely just a weekend part-timer now.

The discouraging numbers come after subtracting expenses. I kept track of everything back then - fuel, maintenance, repairs, tires, snacks, car washes, even depreciation on my car. Then it turns out you're making closer to the average retail worker.

Not meaning to be a Debbie Downer though. Still better to drive than work retail because I needed the flexibility. But like I tell most PAX that express interest in driving - you have to make sure you're aware of exactly how much you're making.

KC7NEC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks good. That's about what I used to be at, when I drove during different times of the day. I'm largely just a weekend part-timer now.

The discouraging numbers come after subtracting expenses. I kept track of everything back then - fuel, maintenance, repairs, tires, snacks, car washes, even depreciation on my car. Then it turns out you're making closer to the average retail worker.

Not meaning to be a Debbie Downer though. Still better to drive than work retail because I needed the flexibility. But like I tell most PAX that express interest in driving - you have to make sure you're aware of exactly how much you're making.
I do have my expenses tracked and yes it comes down to about 16.80hr after that. Just like you though the freedom amd flexibility are a benefit for me currently.

losiglow

Not bad. I was closer to $14 an hour or so. Most of my driving at the time was during the day however. And I drive a vehicle that gets around 25 MPG with premium so my fuel costs were higher.

DriverMark

Thanks for sharing. I did pizza delivery for a long time in the side, and stopped tracking the fine details as it can drive me crazy thinking about it. But going to track for a month or 2, or maybe a quarter, see what's up. And want to see if doing certain things actually makes a difference in per hour or not.

Yea, about $20/hr base seems on par.