• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

3 years in as uber driver .. whats my.conclusions

steveuber

i am a 4.98. rated driver. i.ve see so many changes since i started .. the app certainly has improved but i wondered what other drivers views are .. i live and now tend to stay in my.home.town coventry bit so many drivers come.to coventry now i fear we are saturates too many drivers for number of rider requests .. .whats your experience folks .. can you earn a full time.living and still afford to rent ? i think its got very hard of late and almost impossible now tocl make.uber full time job as not enough work .. whats do you think ?

Invisible

Welcome!

It’s market dependent, and it also depends on time of day/night a driver works, how long he/she works and the luck of the draw.

While Im able to pay my bills and save for now, it’s too unsteady for me to do this long term.

jimmy89

I did Uber from October 2017 to October 2018.

I did Uber as a part time job to supplement my main employed income.

I should also stress that I mainly did evenings(5pm till 2am) majority of the time.

I would never do Uber as a sole income i never found it gave enough security and what I mean by that is someday it was really busy and other days it could be quiet. But as I had permanent employment elsewhere I did see it as whatever I took whilst doing Uber it was an extra bonus.

When it is quiet it can be really frustrating I mean for example the worst day I did was I made £9 after Uber charge in 3 hours but on a good day you could take £20-25 per hour(max 3 hours then it quietens down) both are rare occasions and in all honesty it averages to £10-£12 per hour after Uber charges. I did 25-35 hours and you could take anywhere between £250-£450 per week. I'm assuming if you do the right hours ie morning time is a must, and do 45-50 hours I think you could make at least £600-£850 after Uber charges.

I was fortunate to have a really cheap rented car deal and it was electric car so paid no fuel, assuming if you were to buy or finance your own car/insurance you would need a fuel efficient vehicle to maximise your net taking.

President

I did Uber from October 2017 to October 2018.

I did Uber as a part time job to supplement my main employed income.

I should also stress that I mainly did evenings(5pm till 2am) majority of the time.

I would never do Uber as a sole income i never found it gave enough security and what I mean by that is someday it was really busy and other days it could be quiet. But as I had permanent employment elsewhere I did see it as whatever I took whilst doing Uber it was an extra bonus.

When it is quiet it can be really frustrating I mean for example the worst day I did was I made £9 after Uber charge in 3 hours but on a good day you could take £20-25 per hour(max 3 hours then it quietens down) both are rare occasions and in all honesty it averages to £10-£12 per hour after Uber charges. I did 25-35 hours and you could take anywhere between £250-£450 per week. I'm assuming if you do the right hours ie morning time is a must, and do 45-50 hours I think you could make at least £600-£850 after Uber charges.

I was fortunate to have a really cheap rented car deal and it was electric car so paid no fuel, assuming if you were to buy or finance your own car/insurance you would need a fuel efficient vehicle to maximise your net taking.
45-50hrs earn £1,500 - £2,000