3 times in a row might get me to change my strategy

Cdub2k

I take a good look at my backseat each and every time passenger(s) exits my car. It helps me catch left behind items before the passengers are gone. I picked up a guy yesterday and took him on a minimum fare trip just outside the French quarter. We had a decent conversation and then we pull up to his destination and exchanged goodbyes. I noticed his phone slipped out of his pocket and before he walked away I rolled down the window to let him know and he was relieved. I received a $1 tip for that.

Last Saturday I picked up a middle age woman and her 20 somethin daughter and took them on a $5 fare ride. The mom was on the phone for most of the trip except the last few minutes. About midway through the trip we were stopped at a traffic light and the 20 somethin daughter rolled down the window and gave the panhandler some money. Her mom stopped her conversation on her phone and gave her daughter that Mom look of disappointment and the daughter said "Mom I need a blessing today" referring to her job interview that she was going to have that day. Anyways, we get to the end of the trip. The Mom gets out and leaves her phone behind and the daughter gets out as well. They shut the door and we both look at the phone at the same time. I pick it up and hand it to the daughter who then gives the Mom back her phone.... My "Blessing" for this trip $0

I had non descript ride a few weeks before that where I caught the left behind phone before they walked off and again no tip. What I'm getting at is I'm about to start driving off immediately and then if I see something I'm taking pictures and filing for my missing item fee. That was $45 of missed opportunities. That $1 tip was more of a slap on the face then the two non tips.

tohunt4me

I take a good look at my backseat each and every time passenger(s) exits my car. It helps me catch left behind items before the passengers are gone. I picked up a guy yesterday and took him on a minimum fare trip just outside the French quarter. We had a decent conversation and then we pull up to his destination and exchanged goodbyes. I noticed his phone slipped out of his pocket and before he walked away I rolled down the window to let him know and he was relieved. I received a $1 tip for that.

Last Saturday I picked up a middle age woman and her 20 somethin daughter and took them on a $5 fare ride. The mom was on the phone for most of the trip except the last few minutes. About midway through the trip we were stopped at a traffic light and the 20 somethin daughter rolled down the window and gave the panhandler some money. Her mom stopped her conversation on her phone and gave her daughter that Mom look of disappointment and the daughter said "Mom I need a blessing today" referring to her job interview that she was going to have that day. Anyways, we get to the end of the trip. The Mom gets out and leaves her phone behind and the daughter gets out as well. They shut the door and we both look at the phone at the same time. I pick it up and hand it to the daughter who then gives the Mom back her phone.... My "Blessing" for this trip $0

I had non descript ride a few weeks before that where I caught the left behind phone before they walked off and again no tip. What I'm getting at is I'm about to start driving off immediately and then if I see something I'm taking pictures and filing for my missing item fee. That was $45 of missed opportunities. That $1 tip was more of a slap on the face then the two non tips.
How much did the Pan Handler get ?

I bet BUMS make more !

" NO NEED TO TIP "!

mrpjfresh

Interesting perspective of losing out on money this way. I kind of feel that if enough drivers did this, however, they'd eventually tighten it up or just take the return fee away totally. Too many vomit and cleaning fee frauds lead to the receipt req.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

”Make sure y'all have your phones, keys, and wallets ’cause it's gonna be a while before I'm in this area again.”
I used to run Carnival Rides long ago as a teen ager.

Whatever fell out their pockets.

We kept.

Old Habits die hard . . .

" Hurry, Hurry , Hurry "!

" Step Right Up"!

" Come one Come All"!

To the FABULOUS UBER RIDE !

The Carnival
Like Uber
Didnt pay much.

" SIDE HUSTLE"
Screenshot_2020-03-07-00-36-03.png

DarkBerry

But then you have to take time out of your schedule to drive & meet these people. That’s a lot of hassle for a measly $15. Some drivers refuse to return belongings because $15 isn’t nearly enough for your time, gas, etc.

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But then you have to take time out of your schedule to drive & meet these people. That’s a lot of hassle for a measly $15. Some drivers refuse to return belongings because $15 isn’t nearly enough for your time, gas, etc.
The plan is to drive off, turn my app off, take a few pics of the phone, send Uber an email stating that the phone is lost, circle back around and find the passenger, return the phone, send Uber an email that the phone has been return and fetch my $15. That shouldnt take no more than 5-10 minutes l