3 short rides - 3 bad ratings

UberReallySucks

It never fails... Every time I get screwed with a stupid short ride, my ratings go down.
I was in an area today that I didn't feel like leaving because of traffic in every which direction so I decided against my better judgement to stick around for a while and I ended up getting 5 pings... 2 I managed to get a cancellation fee for... the 3 others, the idiots were ready to go and I couldn't avoid them... but as soon as said 3 rides took place, my ratings went down by 0.02
Stupid idiots!

UberReallySucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But not to worry because Uber is doing the following:
" As a growing company, we are constantly seeking better ways to enhance the extraordinary experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives. We're currently making steps to educate riders on what is socially acceptable conduct during Uber trips so chances of this happening again will decrease. On other one hand, if a rider's behavior makes you too uncomfortable during the trip, you can stop the trip and decline to continue."
This ^^^ I got after reporting serious incident and unpleasant rider behavior...

uberist

Are you sure you didn't pick up one of the riders you cancelled on...?
They may have been a coward and planed on dumping your rating as soon as they saw your picture come up again

UberReallySucks

Are you sure you didn't pick up one of the riders you cancelled on...?
LOL yes sure! One of the pings I cancelled on was grossly misplaced in an empty field.
The other was someone that expected their Uber driver to call them after waiting more than 5 min then wait some more for them to actually come out...

Reversoul

But not to worry because Uber is doing the following:
" As a growing company, we are constantly seeking better ways to enhance the extraordinary experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives. We're currently making steps to educate riders on what is socially acceptable conduct during Uber trips so chances of this happening again will decrease. On other one hand, if a rider's behavior makes you too uncomfortable during the trip, you can stop the trip and decline to continue."
This ^^^ I got after reporting serious incident and unpleasant rider behavior...
Reading that response makes me sick. There's nothing we can do about it except walk away and be rid of this. Nothing will ever change.

I'm putting up with it until I finish school and then I'm done. That day can't come soon enough. Sorry about your rating though, it happens to to the best of us and uber allows the riders to judge us unfairly.
One day karma is going to catch up with Travis.

UberReallySucks

Reading that response makes me sick. There's nothing we can do about it except walk away and be rid of this. Nothing will ever change.

I'm putting up with it until I finish school and then I'm done. That day can't come soon enough. Sorry about your rating though, it happens to to the best of us and uber allows the riders to judge us unfairly.
One day karma is going to catch up with Travis.
And what makes that response even more sickening is the "RESOLVED" attached to it.

Ubernic

I decided to do Uber X the other day, just for the kicks because I was bored. Rating dropped .03 after a few Uber Pool/X requests. Lmao. I don't know for sure if it was them, but I have suspicions.

UberReallySucks

I decided to do Uber X the other day, just for the kicks because I was bored. Rating dropped .03 after a few Uber Pool/X requests. Lmao. I don't know for sure if it was them, but I have suspicions.
Oh it was them ... that's for sure.

Null

Your rating is on a pretty substantial delay before pax ratings of you show up on your side.

Chances are the ratings that dropped you down were from the day before.

There seems to be a minimum number of following trips and time since a pax rates you before they show up. I haven't figured out the formula but I've given rides to friends that 5* me. But if they're my last ride of the day or close to it I don't see +1 reflected in my 5 star total until a day or so after and only if I've given a few trips since.

Uber keeps changing how the ratings are represented, with every iteration obfuscating who rated you what even further.

Basically, it's hard to guess who rated you what now.

UberReallySucks

Your rating is on a pretty substantial delay before pax ratings of you show up on your side.
Not anymore. That's how it used to be. It shows up instantly now. I didn't drive the last few days ... My ratings were set with no changes until today.

cbenz83

That sucks man, sorry to hear.

What I think: The way we get rated should only be on how the drive was...not to where we can get deactivated and with deactivation...should come proof of how bad the driver was. People do carry their smartphones to get rides anyway. So if they catch something serious and prove to Uber with a valid video, license plate, name etc then deactivation seems reasonable. But hey...I might be wrong.

Sharkb8

It never fails... Every time I get screwed with a stupid short ride, my ratings go down.
I was in an area today that I didn't feel like leaving because of traffic in every which direction so I decided against my better judgement to stick around for a while and I ended up getting 5 pings... 2 I managed to get a cancellation fee for... the 3 others, the idiots were ready to go and I couldn't avoid them... but as soon as said 3 rides took place, my ratings went down by 0.02
Stupid idiots!
Sh!tty rides = sh!tty ratings & when it's slow I accept rides I really don't want. July was great so I didn't care about ratings. August is a different story, it's slow & I've let the ratings bother me. I even started a "Ratings" thread titled "You'll Never Be a 5 Star Again Travis" because I was bummed that people are such bottom feeders.

But, finally I had a good day on Weds. Tips help me forget ratings & 4 of my 5 rides tipped me well yesterday. That helps me a lot when good people show their gratitude for getting them safely to their destination thus picking up the slack for all of those low life pricks out there.

Last edited:

Ubernic

I actually think some bad ratings may have been from 5* riders who ordered premium service when it was surging. I got one ride at $10/mile, another at $8/mile the other night.

DriverX

LOL, that's what you get for being online with no surge. Pax willing to pay surge rates usually respect the drivers more and if you do get stuck with a bad rating on a short trip at least you didn't get robbed as well.