3 rides and 6 hours

This is happened to me a couple of times before. The first two times I uninstall the app then reinstalled it and then I started getting rides right away. Today that didn't happen. This is so frustrating.

JaniceCT

Most likely its your internet service, such as bad connection, or going over your slotted high speed data and they are slowing it down.

Are,you also opening up the rider app to verify you're available?

I also noticed your profile states you're in western mass. Amount of riders in that area could be very low. Depending where you are you might be lucky to get those three rides

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is not the norm for me. It's happened only two other times since August last year.

It is true, now that all the college students argon there are more Uber drivers available unless demand.

I'm in Connecticut right now. I got three rides and I'm done for the day now.

Last edited:

Sonny007

This is happened to me a couple of times before. The first two times I uninstall the app then reinstalled it and then I started getting rides right away. Today that didn't happen. This is so frustrating.
Yeah even wid me today in last 4 hours i just got 4 rides...i think there is some problm today wid uber...

Kalee

It has been discussed many times on this site before that the longer you're an Uber driver, the fewer and fewer ride requests you get and the few you do get become crappier and crappier quality pax.
It's Uber's way of getting the older drivers to quit to make room for the new drivers and also a way to replace the cars that are wearing down and smelling of body oder and vomit with fresher cars.
Don't believe me?
Believe me... it's true.

Last edited:

Djboitoy

This happened to me yesterday evening for 2 hours. Logged in and drove around then sat still for a half hour and not one ping. Been trouble shooting for 16 hours while waiting for uber to give me some help. Very frustrating knowing I'm missing out on making money, wasting my time and gas going out to provide rides and getting nothing in return. I've done everything suggested to see if it's my device but seems to be an issue with the app or my cell phone provider. Still waiting to hear from uber support.

Kalee

This happened to me yesterday evening for 2 hours. Logged in and drove around then sat still for a half hour and not one ping. Been trouble shooting for 16 hours while waiting for uber to give me some help. Very frustrating knowing I'm missing out on making money, wasting my time and gas going out to provide rides and getting nothing in return. I've done everything suggested to see if it's my device but seems to be an issue with the app or my cell phone provider. Still waiting to hear from uber support.
Have you been driving for more or less than 6 months?

Djboitoy

St. Patrick's day was my first week of driving. Did it around 7 hours/week for a couple of months. I have two other jobs and one of them lost one of my clients so I was using uber as supplemental until I could replace that lost income for the past month. The last few weeks, I made decent income but not as much as uber bragged with the $20-25/hour. This week I have noticed a decline in pings and my ratings are high. Not sure what to think. Planning to drive to the busy part of town tonight and make sure I'm still getting pings. Uber still has not answered my email concerning this issue.

ACHUMA

It has been discussed many times on this site before that the longer you're an Uber driver, the fewer and fewer ride requests you get and the few you do get become crappier and crappier quality pax.
It's Uber's way of getting the older drivers to quit to make room for the new drivers and also a way to replace the cars that are wearing down and smelling of body oder and vomit with fresher cars.
Don't believe me?
Believe me... it's true.
Don't listen to this. It's absolute nonsense from someone who has been off their psychiatric meds for too long.

Guys, some days are better than others. You are not gonna crush it every single time you log-in to go driving. Some days will be hit-or-miss. If there are lots of drivers logged-in and not many people requesting rides in the areas you are posted up in...then what do you expect to happen?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I paid no attention to him. I removed some apps on my phone and I have a lot more memory now and the rides haven't stopped.

ChortlingCrison

Don't believe me?
Believe me... it's true.
Oh I believe it. I'm just glad I got out after the first rate cut.

I_Like_Spam

This week I have noticed a decline in pings and my ratings are high. Not sure what to think. Planning to drive to the busy part of town tonight and make sure I'm still getting pings. Uber still has not answered my email concerning this issue.

I'm sure Uber wishes there was more business out there, I don't know what you expect them to say in response to your complaint.

Requests for rides are generated when people use the app on their smart phone for their transportation needs.

If they are still having their transportation needs met, I guess Uber could reduce fare to gin up business, but that might irritate some of the partners.