Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I had a $4.80 scheduled pickup the other day...

it was LITERALLY taking this obese lady to the bus stop.

Stuff like this just boggles my mind... seriously..

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Sorry toots but the original post says this:

nj2bos is asking either (or both):

1. Why, as a rider, do a scheduled ride to go across the street when there are ants galore everywhere? I have seen those plenty. Most are in that range. Maybe the good rides get snapped up leaving these dregs.

2. Why, as a driver, would you rearrange your day to take a $3-$4 ride? If one comes up in my scheduled pickup notifications I laugh at it. I average $20-$30/ trip. No way am I willingly taking something that short.
Yes both! I will never understand who would block out time, pre-plan a route, not take any pings for 20mins before the pickup, and arrange their day around a minimum fare scheduled ride. It makes no sense. Because scheduled rides will block your incoming pings for 20mins before they begin, it's just not a financially smart decision. At most you are making $3-4 for 30-40mims of your time.

Yes both! I will never understand who would block out time, pre-plan a route, not take any pings for 20mins before the pickup, and arrange their day around a minimum fare scheduled ride. It makes no sense. Because scheduled rides will block your incoming pings for 20mins before they begin, it's just not a financially smart decision. At most you are making $3-4 for 30-40mims of your time.
The same people that sit in the airport queues RME SMH LOL

Sorry toots but the original post says this:

nj2bos is asking either (or both):

1. Why, as a rider, do a scheduled ride to go across the street when there are ants galore everywhere? I have seen those plenty. Most are in that range. Maybe the good rides get snapped up leaving these dregs.

2. Why, as a driver, would you rearrange your day to take a $3-$4 ride? If one comes up in my scheduled pickup notifications I laugh at it. I average $20-$30/ trip. No way am I willingly taking something that short.
-------
Toots -- really ???
The poster ask, what drivers take these types of scheduled trips.
I answered -- that I will take under certain circumstances and explained why most pay more then $3 - $4.
Some scheduled rides are WITHIN one hour of the notice and some have a pickup many hours in the future. Some scheduled trips come up as a normal ride and some are posted for the driver to choose, IF THEY WISH. If a driver does not want to be bothered --- Don't accept the dang trip. Yes, I think a trip scheduled for 6 am the next morning that will pay $4 is dumb but the paxs thinks it is important . None of my business why !!!

From --- Who the !@$# actually takes these? --- You get #1 & #2 ?? You are awesome !!!!

All the scheduled rides I’ve done have been just a few minutes notice and they appear as normal pings. Like yesterday 805 am and I get a request and accept then I hear your rider scheduled a 815 pickup. So obviously the first driver or more bailed

------
Not missing point - sorry.
The original post was about scheduled rides and who uses them. Then it was mentioned that they are only $3-$4 rides , which has never been the case for me. I do not get a lot but most are over $10. They are frustrating because the insurance companies do not set the pickup point correctly.
The question was not who takes scheduled rides in general. The question was who would willingly accept a scheduled ride in advance knowing it will only pay $3-$4. It seems utterly ridiculous that a driver would block out time to willingly complete one of these rides.

You could argue it's to get the $10 fee but even that's not worth blocking out time and staging for.

You don't have to block out anything for a scheduled ride. If it is a great ride you go to the pickup area and turn your app on at the appropriate time. If it is a crazy ride you keep your app on head in the general direction of the trip and if there is nothing else you can at least have your ride. I do very few scheduled rides and only if it is great money or a good chance it will be cxed.

Perfect example of what I (and nj2bos) meant. At 4:20 with traffic that time would extend to 10 minutes. Yeah I'm gonna go fight through rush hour traffic for this. If I were in the area I'd Shuffle it on principle. $10 > $3.75.

There are plenty of buses that go from there to the ****ing Metro Station.

GTFOH Lyft

Map World Font Line Parallel
Ecoregion Map Infrastructure Slope Font

Reactions: nj2bos
LOL. When I was going to the meetup it was definitely no hassle at all to just hit a bus to get there and back. City people wanting to sit in the back of a car that gets paid peanuts for it.

At 4:20 with traffic that time would extend to 10 minutes.
You gotta be smoking to complete scheduled pick ups for stuff like this.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.