3 ---- 1 stars in a week?

jeffbeck27

Obviously I don't know who gave them to me. But my guesses are
I'm pretty sure one intoxicated woman who asked me how i liked Denver.
My response was i don't like all the traffic or the high housing prices.
Somethings that everyone here agrees on.

2 other riders that had stops in there rides and i told them 3 minutes was the maximum wait time for stops.

I think from now on i will say hello and nothing else.
I will probably get 1 stared now for driver had poor conversation.

Also
I won't explain the wait time, just cancel ride if they take longer.
What do you think?
This star rating system is so for drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriverMark

It's just as @@@@ed for the pax. :thumbup:
I never paid attention to Star Ratings of Pax prior to reading the board here. To be honest, driving was much happier prior to paying attention to Star Ratings for me lol. I still don't put much thought into them when deciding if I should take a ride or not. I'm more looking at how far is it to get them and where am I picking them up at (like is it a Wal-Mart pickup, no thanks).

Yes, it's jacked up. Totally pointless if you have no clue WHY you got the rating so you can adjust and improve.

25rides7daysaweek

2 other riders that had stops in there rides and i told them 3 minutes was the maximum wait time for stops.

Also
What do you think?
This star rating system is so Fked for drivers.
I'm sorry, hopefully the weeks not over yet and you can get yourself a new personal best!!

Velos1

Also
What do you think?
This star rating system is so Fked for drivers.
You tell me, I got 1 star just by missing the rider by 3 houses. Other driver got 1 star from a drunk passenger just because he didn’t like the color of the car. I am telling you this rate system is not good. To me is not fun anymore doing Uber because the rating system. I am very close to be deactivated.

jeffbeck27

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not really, Don't see Pax getting deactivated for it.

Also, I don't see Drivers down rating passengers that are at the pickup point on time, ride to destination and leave, getting down graded.

But i do see passengers down raiting drivers for things out of there control.
Nav errors
Connection problems
Driving Reactions to other driver mistakes
Car issue that pops up.
Passenger calls you and you don't get or answer call ( even though you may be in traffic or busy with a passenger.
Late to pickup due to traffic or accident.
Music to loud, music not loud enough, music that they don't care for.
Temp not what they want but don't ask for it to be changed.
Need gas for a long ride.
Not waiting the time they want while they shop
Traffic is bad on the route you are taking but they don't ask for another route or don't know a better route.
Thinking you are a cab driver
Thinking you're there servant
Can't find them when they are not at pickup point and they don't know where they are.
A global flood or tsunami
Because they don't understand the process.
They don't know how to use the app.
Your driving to fast
Your driving to slow.
You didn't come directly to them even though you had a passenger in the car dropping them off.
There having a bad day.
Their kid is having a melt down.
Because they think they know your job better than you do and they have to tell you how you have to do your job.

TomTheAnt

I never paid attention to Star Ratings of Pax prior to reading the board here. To be honest, driving was much happier prior to paying attention to Star Ratings for me lol. I still don't put much thought into them when deciding if I should take a ride or not. I'm more looking at how far is it to get them and where am I picking them up at (like is it a Wal-Mart pickup, no thanks).

Yes, it's jacked up. Totally pointless if you have no clue WHY you got the rating so you can adjust and improve.
I agree. At first I paid quite a bit of attention to pax ratings based on the comments here, but as time has moved on and I've gotten more experience, the importance of rating has gone down on the priority list for me. I look more at similar things as you mentioned before considering the rating.

Also, I don't see Drivers down rating passengers that are at the pickup point on time, ride to destination and leave, getting down graded.
Guess you need to read more of some of the comments here. Plenty of drivers here that rate pax 1* if they don't get a cash tip in hand. Regardless of whether they are toes at the curb, have a pleasant convo w/driver, don't make a mess, have a car seat for their kid, don't smell bad etc. etc.

Sure, this board is but a fraction of U/L drivers, but still.

Also, I highly doubt there are too many drivers who have been deactivated only due to bad ratings. And if a driver has so bad rating that they are deactivated only due to that, I don't think it's completely the pax's fault.

As I have said many times over, the rating system is purely arbitrary and pointless for both ways and does not give an accurate picture of anything.

Declineathon

Dont waste time and energy on it.
Just be you.

Ridessharing app didn't give you any constructive criticism so why bother to not tell PAX the 3 minutes are the the limit or that you don't like some things about Denver.

You would only be speculating that that's the cause of the stars.

jeffbeck27

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.
Uber is pure SH in my opinion for allowing this system to go on.

So how do you know your ride is a pick up at Walmart?

RadarRider

If you want to get better ratings:

Do your best. Never criticize, try to stay positive.... and try to be sincere about making their day a little better... life may be taking a big dump no them. Never let them see you are unhappy to see them.

Stay respectful even if they are not, do not draw the line in the sand so they can cross it easily. Tolerance.
Try to say something nice or show you want to give them a nice ride... even if you cannot.
Apologize, and certainly let them know if the issue is something you wish you had control over and are sorry that they have to deal with it... you hate it too.
A little nice can go a long way for someone that is nasty... and being nasty back... solves nothing.
You are in rideshare. Experiment a little. You may find that you have the power to show people that it is not all bad.

Ok, maybe that sounds a little sappy... but what have you got to lose. It really does not cost you anything... not even your pride.

Do Call in every ride that is a problem. They will actually document it. If you do not thing you were rated fairly... then challenge it. They should document it. As you get more rides and better ratings... then you will not have to sweat the occasional toxic passenger.

I am serious about this. Sometimes people that are unhappy or having a hard time really notice a genuine kind gesture... and they might even leave a small tip. Or not, but it does make the world a slightly better place, or at least if gives them pause.

This is also a skill, hone it. Consider it a challenge. Never take it personally if someone is a jerk. Most likely they are that way to everyone... possibly even their grandkids and pets if they have them.

And thanks, because I need to remind myself of this once in a while.

OH!
If you are going to say something negative:
"I'm pretty sure one intoxicated woman who asked me how i liked Denver.
My response was i don't like all the traffic or the high housing prices."

Be sure to follow it with "But I love it here!" especially if she does not say she hates it here!
It is like a challenged compliment, despite the downside.

Try to make them happier when they leave the car, then when they got in. Yeah, it works on Wal-Mart trips too.

Again, it is a skill.

If it does not work, well at least you did your best.

Rate them a 1 to 3 and you may never see them again, but only if they deserve it.

Declineathon

Rarely, do I veni,vidi, shufflichi. Drive up. Look at the hot mess, and bail. If so no cancel,
If you want to get better ratings:

Do your best. Never criticize, try to stay positive.... and try to be sincere about making their day a little better... life may be taking a big dump no them. Never let them see you are unhappy to see them.

Stay respectful even if they are not, do not draw the line in the sand so they can cross it easily. Tolerance.
Try to say something nice or show you want to give them a nice ride... even if you cannot.
Apologize, and certainly let them know if the issue is something you wish you had control over and are sorry that they have to deal with it... you hate it too.
A little nice can go a long way for someone that is nasty... and being nasty back... solves nothing.
You are in rideshare. Experiment a little. You may find that you have the power to show people that it is not all bad.

Ok, maybe that sounds a little sappy... but what have you got to lose. It really does not cost you anything... not even your pride.

Do Call in every ride that is a problem. They will actually document it. If you do not thing you were rated fairly... then challenge it. They should document it. As you get more rides and better ratings... then you will not have to sweat the occasional toxic passenger.

I am serious about this. Sometimes people that are unhappy or having a hard time really notice a genuine kind gesture... and they might even leave a small tip. Or not, but it does make the world a slightly better place, or at least if gives them pause.

This is also a skill, hone it. Consider it a challenge. Never take it personally if someone is a jerk. Most likely they are that way to everyone... possibly even their grandkids and pets if they have them.

And thanks, because I need to remind myself of this once in a while.

OH!
If you are going to say something negative:
"I'm pretty sure one intoxicated woman who asked me how i liked Denver.
My response was i don't like all the traffic or the high housing prices."

Be sure to follow it with "But I love it here!" especially if she does not say she hates it here!
It is like a challenged compliment, despite the downside.

Try to make them happier when they leave the car, then when they got in. Yeah, it works on Wal-Mart trips too.

Again, it is a skill.

If it does not work, well at least you did your best.

Rate them a 1 to 3 and you may never see them again, but only if they deserve it.
Best part: Apologize, and certainly let them know if the issue is something you wish you had control over and are sorry that they have to deal with it... you hate it too.

Ill definately use that little get along

Another Uber Driver

asked me how i liked Denver.
I wonder if I got the same broad, except she was not drunk when she asked me. It was, however, football season, so I told her the truth: the only team that I hate more than the Donk-0s is the cowpies. She was quiet after that, but I am sure that she gave me the one star.

RadarRider

My old gang... we used to have designated drivers. Only none would stay sober when it was their turn.
So I had to stay sober. After a while you get sick of babysitting drunks. I despise driving drunks and go home before it gets late on drinking nights. Give the other drivers a chance to make some scratch. Especially since the surges dried up. Worrying about things was leading to chest pains and 4 weeks of Prilosec. I thought I was having heart issues. Nope, no crusty piles of disgorge in my carpet, chunks of bile and half chewed barfood between the seats, recycled slow Gin in my leather, spew chunky on the windows... or listening to pax's attempts PDA's and potential fluids left behind begging for a call for a hazmat team when it is all done. (Well, my second day... Never happened again, but I would not let it get that far.)

So stay positive, but I know my limits. I cannot handle bad smells or scented products... so I cannot afford a puke. So I avoid it. And actually I would probably drive off rather than give a ride to someone that was that drunk. Even though I have like 10 emesis bags, I doubt a drunk could hit the mark.

Jamul

Sorry to hear about the 1's. I know how discouraging the rating system can be. I got a 1 about 9 months ago. She got into my car for a < 1 mile ride (I got less than $3 - no tip) and complained that her husband is an Uber driver and there are too many drivers for him to make decent money.. blah blah blah - then gives me one star. Some folks have no principals.

TomTheAnt

So how do you know your ride is a pick up at Walmart?
You just need to know the address and/or location on the map of your local WMs and other not so desirable pickup locations. Sometimes on at least Lyft pings it even says the store/restaurant name. Guess it depends on how the pax enters the location.