• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

2k a Week in Austin!?!?

RRuber

I recently called bravo sierra to a ride because someone said she could make 2k a week through uberx?!?!
I assume that was possible 2 years ago, but not now.
She is from out of country, nice and naive. Whoever it was almost got her to quit school to uber?? Ugh. =(

BramasoleATX

Impossible.
Average Uber X ride is paying the driver about $10 after Uber cut these days in Austin. Figure average of 2 rides per hour these days with the slew of drivers flooding the city. Sometimes during the day it is zero rides per hour. If your are good, after Uber takes their cut you'll average $15-$20/hr before expenses. There will be a lot of hours where you get zero trips, or one measly $4 trip. In an absolute best case scenario at 60/hrs per week that's $1200 take home before fuel, oil changes, tires, depreciation etc. To hit this you would need to work every single prime late night hour plus about 40 additional daytime hours.
The good ole days are long gone for Uber X.

Last edited:

Stratos

If one is really lucky you could make MAYBE $500 a week. This is a guess I do part time, weekends mostly, and average $200 a week.

ATX 22

I averaged $9.20 per trip last night after uber cut.
To clear $2000 after uber cut I would have to be online for a minimum of 195 hours, based upon last week's numbers. So, statiscally possible, but not physically.

Stratos

$200/week is not a helpful report. You need to state if that is before or after Uber cut and how many hours to make $200.
What is the 'after Uber cut' $/hr?
That's after Ubers cut, thus my take home average. Generally around 20-25hrs on the clock. I sit and wait for pings at certain spots. After I drop off the pax I head back to the spot. If I get pinged great if not, no worries.

Lang

There are days when you are "lucky" and get several long trips between $10 - $30. But most trips will probably average between $5 - $10. To make over $1000 per week you need to work long hours (over 40), refer new drivers and customers and prepare to be labeled a "workaholic" and don't ever take a vacation. Taking a vacation is a "sin" in America.

ATX 22

There are days when you are "lucky" and get several long trips between $10 - $30. But most trips will probably average between $5 - $10. To make over $1000 per week you need to work long hours (over 40), refer new drivers and customers and prepare to be labeled a "workaholic" and don't ever take a vacation. Taking a vacation is a "sin" in America.
I guess you could be recruiting 50-100 drivers per week and eventually get there.

UberBroke

What's the best week anyone here has had outside of sxsw? I made $870 one week a while back. That's before the rate cuts and summer slowdown started and there weren't so many new damn drivers. I also went all road warrior and picked up the drink weekend bar pax's. The hell with that though, it's not worth it. I avg $400-500 a week now driving roughly 30 hours or so

cocook1979

Multiple $800+ last fall, working 30-35 hours. $917 was best. After pay cuts best have been in $600's working 45-50. Probably was a cleaning fee in that one too...

UberBroke

Multiple $800+ last fall, working 30-35 hours. $917 was best. After pay cuts best have been in $600's working 45-50. Probably was a cleaning fee in that one too...
yeah, the drop in pay is definitely noticeable. I'm still waiting for the influx of new paxs uber promised. At least the mornings are getting busier

Stratos

$502 take home is my best week ever. Happened on the 4th of July week. It's the only time I drove every day. I think it was something like 37hrs. $200 on the 4th it's self. I drove every day just to see what it was like and how much I could make.

BigPoppa

I have had one week this summer where I earned $857 bring home pay. All the other weeks have been between $670 and $690.

Another Uber lie is that damn commercial on the radio where the guy talks about how much money you can make. He says if you just want to make $20 a day you can make $20 a day. OR you can make $500 a day - it's up to you. And the very sad thing about it is that the general public believes that bullshit. I am very happy when I go home and I've made $200 for the day. That usually requires 10 to 12 hours of driving. In order to make $500 in one day in Austin Texas, you would have to drive in surge pricing for 24 hours.

turbovator

I recently called bravo sierra to a ride because someone said she could make 2k a week through uberx?!?!
I assume that was possible 2 years ago, but not now.
She is from out of country, nice and naive. Whoever it was almost got her to quit school to uber?? Ugh. =(
Yea right! I know a guy who sells porkchops for .10 a pound, but dam everytime I go to buy some he never has any. Talk is cheap guys.

SATX

I have had one week this summer where I earned $857 bring home pay. All the other weeks have been between $670 and $690.

Another Uber lie is that damn commercial on the radio where the guy talks about how much money you can make. He says if you just want to make $20 a day you can make $20 a day. OR you can make $500 a day - it's up to you. And the very sad thing about it is that the general public believes that bullshit. I am very happy when I go home and I've made $200 for the day. That usually requires 10 to 12 hours of driving. In order to make $500 in one day in Austin Texas, you would have to drive in surge pricing for 24 hours.
I change the station every time I hear that one. Some days I consider ripping the stereo out of my car…”It’s up to me…” how much bullshiza I will listen to!