1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

$275 tip

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh' started by MasterKNinja, Apr 16, 2018.

1. MasterKNinja

MasterKNinja Well-Known Member

2. tryingforthat5star

tryingforthat5star Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Insane. Would you keep driving or just go home relax for a few days? lol.

3. teh744

teh744 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Really?? Could of fooled me....:eek:

4. Steelersnut

Steelersnut Active Member

I picked up a guy last week in town for biz. Drove him from Conv Ctr to Marriott Cherrington Pkwy. On the way he tells me story of female Uber driver in another city. Said when he got dropped he asked where her next stop was. She replied "it depends". He (naively) replied "huh?". To which she replied "for $200 my next ride is in your hotel room". Might explain some a dem der tips? Oldest profession!

5. pghuberaudi

pghuberaudi Well-Known Member

I might try this when my next passenger asks how late I'm working. "Depends, for $200 this could be my last stop ;)"

Steelersnut likes this.
  6. Xeverrer

Xeverrer Active Member

Would love to see the average number instead of the highest number too

7. MasterKNinja

MasterKNinja Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s a well crafted piece of PR. If they actually showed avg. tips, it’d be laughable. But hey maybe you can win the lottery too! Haha. In my early days driving Lyft, I tracked everything in spreadsheets & analyzed it. Avg. tip was about $1.16 per trip. Better than nothin’, but hardly anything to get excited about. Is it up since then, to maybe $1.25? Who knows. The funny thing is I listened to an interview with one of Uber’s economists: wages actually went down on avg after they introduced tipping. Why? The promise of tips brought more drivers onto the platform, so gross income actually went down for everyone even with the added tips. The real winner for tips according to him was female drivers who get tipped a lot more on avg.

8. teh744

teh744 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I remember that last summer..... I did have some slow days after it started.:mad:

9. Saltminer

Saltminer Member

My wife also does some Ubering...she is nearly double my tipping even though my star rating is slightly higher