• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

25 Pax For Every Uber Driver

Yam Digger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And they facetiously take about filling up our cars with cheap-ass poo riders to reduce greenhouse gas. No Uber, all we need is to reduce the drivers by half by attrition.

SurgeMasterMN

This communique landed in my inbox from The Mothership.

https://www.uber.com/en-CA/blog/toronto/earth-day-2018-ca/

Your comments please...

View attachment 224325

Now you know why we wait so long for our next fare and why surge is dead
I have never been a one for regulation but this is one case that needs to be addressed. This is why cab companies had regulations back in the day so all drivers could make a decent living. As time goes on it will only get worse with driver saturation. We will literally have to be sitting on peoples laps to get a ping. It is time for Order 66 on the poorly rated drivers lets cull the heard and step up the quality.

MoreTips

That's based on Ubers shitty math. Don't trust it.
Fuzzy math by far, yes Uber there are now close to 8 billion people on earth. Here in Tampa it's got to be like 10 possible rider's to a single driver. #UBERDRIVERDEPRESSION.

Rakos

I have never been a one for regulation but this is one case that needs to be addressed. This is why cab companies had regulations back in the day so all drivers could make a decent living. As time goes on it will only get worse with driver saturation. We will literally have to be sitting on peoples laps to get a ping. It is time for Order 66 on the poorly rated drivers lets cull the heard and step up the quality.
The algo doesn't know this...8>O

I personally think it's more like 5 to 1...

riders to drivers here in Tampa Bay...8>)

Rakos
67Dzf3A.png

Hans GrUber

No one seems to understand this... Uber doesn't care. They do what they need to to keep enough drivers on the road til autonomous vehicles. The driver pool starts dropping, they increase surge or rates or promotions. If they had their druthers it would be 1-1. Only thing you can do as a driver is stop driving. That's it. It's supply and demand and a gig job. It sucks, especially for FT like me, but there ya go.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Except for the obvious...

no uber driver is 100% effecient, meaning for you to drive customers 80 miles, your driving 16o+ miles total.

even with pools i doubt your getting anywhere close to 100%

Me personally?

I'm closer to 30-35% depending on the day.

Cdub2k

If it really was 25 Riders for every 1 Driver it'll be surging all day every day just like it was doing when this crap first started.

During the Summer Time in this little city of mine it's more like 15 Drivers for every 1 Customer. And that 1 Customer is usually a Min Fare ride.

Rakos

You know...when I think about...

All those TNC cars in the airport lot....

And the fact that now it is a constant...

Stream of cars showing their TNC flags...

It may be more like it's...

25 to 1 drivers to riders at times....

Saw the airport que once just for Ubers...

There was 142 cars on a "normal" night...

And that's NOT counting Lyft cars...8>O

How much worse can it get....???????????

Rakos
13ru93.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Advice 9
OldBay Advice 16
Whothought Los Angeles & Orange County 16