25% FEE???

jafi_112

Is Uber now charging a 25% fee in Las Vegas for all drivers, or just for new drivers? I recently had my account activated here in Las Vegas and they want me to agree to a 25% fee. I have been driving for them since 2014, and when I moved to Tulsa last year, after the 25% fee for new drivers took effect, they continued to charge me 20% because I was grandfathered in. Also, can anyone tell me about the 3% transportation fee here in Las Vegas and who pays that fee? In other words, will they be taking 28% off the top? Thank you all in advance.

Brass Monkey

Las Vegas market has always been at 25% for UberX. The 3% state excise tax is added on like the booking fee. It does not add on to your commission.
It wasn't always 25%. In the beginning it was 20% just like the other State I use to drive in but then they raised it and started double dipping and charging a $1.70 booking fee in addition to the 25% technology fee which was the fee to connect use with the riders.

Uber is corrupt through and through.

Uber changed the their Las Vegas uberX commission to 25% on September 18, 2015. uberXL is 28%, and uberSelect is 30%.
Prior to that, including the month in Las Vegas in 2014, uberX was 20%.
Many drivers, at the time of the commission percentage change, thought it was to help cover the 3% state tax. However, that didn't seem to be true, as passengers are often charged the 3% tax on top of their fare. That tax doesn't affect what the driver gets.

jafi_112

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
None of us drivers who worked for Uber in 2014 were grandfathered in at 20%.
I am still going around in circles with them. I was a driver in L.A. in 2014, relocated to Tulsa in July 2015 and grandfathered in. Now that I have come here (May 2016), some support say it will be changed to 20% and I will get miscellaneous fees to make up the difference. Now they are saying I was on "applied" status after the last relocation so I am like a new application, therefore a new driver.

Welost

I am still going around in circles with them. I was a driver in L.A. in 2014, relocated to Tulsa in July 2015 and grandfathered in. Now that I have come here (May 2016), some support say it will be changed to 20% and I will get miscellaneous fees to make up the difference. Now they are saying I was on "applied" status after the last relocation so I am like a new application, therefore a new driver.
Welcome to new cab mafia .. ....UBER