$25 an hour guarantee

SaltyUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well there was a text sent today saying that they were doing $25 per hour from 11 am today till 8 pm Sunday.bthey have to follow through. Its funny that the guarantee starts an hour before lyft started here in Portland.

kbb

I basically made half of what I usually make because there were so many drivers in Portland for the incentive....I hope they come through .....when do we see the incentive?

Last edited:

Serafina

Me too i usually work 5pm-2am Friday and Saturday left at 10pm Friday due to not getting a single ride for over an hour

I've been driving since last summer. I was wondering about the guarantee myself. Uber definitely lying or really wrong about it being busy this past weekend. It was slow not from so many drivers but no tourists. They are normally wrong when they try and predict things. Went on to Lyft to see how much sign on bonus is and it's only 10.00. They lowered rates in Portland 35% after the first of the year "temporarily" and never brought them back up. Was good last summer. Enough money AND could pay for car fixes. Not now. Still waiting to see if I get my 25.00/ hr from this lame weekend.

old geezer

I got screwed out of my last incentive for 7.00 rides. They told me I did not opt in. so I made sure I opted in this time for the 25.00 per hour . I actually opted in twice to make sure. I just got an e mail from some idiot that can hardly write the English language telling me I don't qualify because I didn't opt in. This is terrible. I drove a lot this weekend and like everyone else did not get many rides. yesterday worked 5 hours and made 32.00. I am furious. Has anyone been able to go up the chain of command? text a supervisor or something like that. Ron

Undermind

I am owed about 450 bucks from last weekend and it is not showing at all. if they screw me over I will not drive for them anymore and will just do lyft only.

Donshonda

Maybe I got lucky. I only work Saturday nights, and I haven't worked all summer. decided to work this past sat from 8PM-2:30AM.
6.5 hours did 24 trips. I was non stop. one call after another. surge or no surge I accepted them all. made $202.
Maybe its because I drive an XL. half of my rides were for XL, and half of my rides were also surging. I realize that I need to take the wear and tear of my vehicle off the top, and the gas I spent... but that was $31 an hour. I don't qualify for the promotion because I did it anyway.

Attachments

codon

I got my incentive no problem yesterday later on. They came through big time. Only worked for 6.5 hours and made some solid money. It was super slow so I basically chilled out and listened to music each day. Mind you I went out not during peak hours.

Undermind

so am I the only one that never received their guarantee? I have emailed support 4 times now without getting a response. This is so frustrating but I guess I should not be surprised. Lyft here I come!

SaltyUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too have not gotten any of the incentives. From what I have been able to understand after many mails back and forth to help support is that the incentive only applies to certain drives of Uber's choosing. You need to be sent the mail directly and then opt in to qualify.My wife and I both have uber accounts and she has gotten a incentive mail each week for the last month but I have gotten none. I work around 20 hours a week while my wife has done 3 trips total so it seems to me that those of us that normally work don't get the mail but people that would be "extra" drivers who wouldn't normally be out get the incentive.
Has any "regular" drivers gotten the incentive mails?
This is the response I got from uber

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=324902211231322&id=100011346381941

UStaxman

I have driven most Saturday afternoon/ nights; I received the incentive offers, took advantage of it last Saturday as well as yesterday. Last weekend it netted be an additional $16- so all in all, not much of a difference, Last night I ended up with a fare to Falmouth, then carting college kids around for more than an hour. Although one kid did tip me $10 for a pit stop. I hope Falmouth counts within the incentive area.
The bonus I received last week was close (within a few $$) of my math-- but for the life of me (and I am a tax guy during the day) I can't figure out their math.