21yr old young woman scammed me

UberwhoIaM

Pick up a this cute (thing) and verify her name and DESTINATION! Everything matches so she gets in front seat next to me. Drunk already at 7:00pm. Talking my ear off, says her sisters didn't want her to leave then asks for charger and starts complaining of UBER fares at the shore. I tell her Drivers don't control fares. She mumbles under her breathe then She tells me she going to meet her boyfriend at a party. We pull up in Belmar near Lake Como and boyfriend is at the driveway waiting for her. I review my fares today and notice (see file) $0.00. After well over 1000+ rides I have my first scam. Contacted UBER and they say I picked up wrong person. What!!!! I immediately requested the dispute be over turned by someone. No response!!! I tell UBER they listen to everything these lowlife say as if it's God's word. Ridiculous...any ideas how I should approach it or consider it a lesson learned?
Screenshot_2016-07-04-21-22-27.jpg

UberwhoIaM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If she's saying it was the "wrong passenger" you can email them pleading your case that the destination was pre-entered, so "how could it be the wrong person?"
Thanks I didn't think to bring that up when I responded to denial. On my second email I did tell them Name and destination matched but I didn't actually say it was pre entered. I now have come to realize that we have to be very specific with these off shore CSR uber has responding to us. I'm thinking it's a mute point since they made up my difference with the $40.00 gross fare guarantee. It's the principal of the matter and also letting Uber know I didn't screw up.

chevelle454

Where's the pick up address ? If it matched just send another E mail didn't see the reply before I posted this

UberwhoIaM

Screenshot_2016-07-04-21-52-03.jpg
Where's the pick up address ? If it matched just send another E mail didn't see the reply before I posted this
Only shows up in the help area. But yes it was an address of of Main street near the bridge going to Ospey Bar. Both address matched and her name.
These CSRs just mess with us...
Screenshot_2016-07-04-21-52-03.jpg

Golf75830

I had someone trying to run a scam last night, or at the very least, they were trying to game the system by not having to pay the higher shore rate. I get a ping that says "Exit 114 GSP". That's it, I'm like ?????? I accept it, since I didn't want to ding my acceptance rate during the guarantee. When I zoomed in on the map, someone purposely dropped the marker about one foot west of the GSP so they didn't have to pay the higher rate. I assume someone dropped them off right near the GSP entrance. Luckily, I realized the BS and cancelled!!!

Golf75830

As far as this situation, I don't know how the rider can claim "wrong passenger." They got a ride from Point A to Point B, then exited the vehicle. If the destination of the route was never changed and the rider willingly exited where the original destination was planned, I have no clue how Uber can side with the passenger claiming wrong pick up.

UberwhoIaM

As far as this situation, I don't know how the rider can claim "wrong passenger." They got a ride from Point A to Point B, then exited the vehicle. If the destination of the route was never changed and the rider willingly exited where the original destination was planned, I have no clue how Uber can side with the passenger claiming wrong pick up.

Exactly my point. I never touched the address and that's where I dropped her off. Goes to show you the kind of brain power these Uber CSRs are working with. I will keep fighting it until they get tired of me.

Great thinking on avoiding that scam the pax was trying to pull on you. Placing the marker just out of the shore rates. It's amazing how cheap they are. I'm surer someone picked them up. These are the little things that light the fuse of annoyance and anger with pax.You saved yourself a ride out of the area also. Would have sucked if it put you under the necessary 70% minimum.

Golf75830

Exactly my point. I never touched the address and that's where I dropped her off. Goes to show you the kind of brain power these Uber CSRs are working with. I will keep fighting it until they get tired of me.

Great thinking on avoiding that scam the pax was trying to pull on you. Placing the marker just out of the shore rates. It's amazing how cheap they are. I'm surer someone picked them up. These are the little things that light the fuse of annoyance and anger with pax.You saved yourself a ride out of the area also. Would have sucked if it put you under the necessary 70% minimum.
Yeah exactly. Some cheap a▪▪ pax trying to screw a driver. Wasn't gonna be me!!
Just keep escalating the issue. You'll eventually get a CSR in this country with some authority. I had an issue with not receiving my Memorial Day guarantee about a month ago, but eventually got it after about 4 back and forths. I was at 0.99 trips per hour because I accidentally stayed online about a minute too long, so they initially denied it at least twice, but then paid out after my persistence with the issue being a miniscule technicality. This guarantee I got today, no problems.
Your case is very cut and dry so I'm sure you'll get paid....... eventually!

nickd8775

Keep fighting it. Even though you're on a guarantee and the fare doesn't matter, it's the principle. She does this enough, and they'll ban her from Uber. Uber doesn't like being scammed. Make sure you change her rating to a 1 star.

UberwhoIaM

Yeah exactly. Some cheap a▪▪ pax trying to screw a driver. Wasn't gonna be me!!
Just keep escalating the issue. You'll eventually get a CSR in this country with some authority. I had an issue with not receiving my Memorial Day guarantee about a month ago, but eventually got it after about 4 back and forths. I was at 0.99 trips per hour because I accidentally stayed online about a minute too long, so they initially denied it at least twice, but then paid out after my persistence with the issue being a miniscule technicality. This guarantee I got today, no problems.
Your case is very cut and dry so I'm sure you'll get paid....... eventually!
Thank you and everyone else that helped me figure this one out. I just saw they paid me $11.32 additional in my payout. It's awesome we have this community to fall back on. It's really us against the "Uber machine" I also changed my rating to a "1". Thanks again!!

Screenshot_2016-07-05-02-09-23.jpg
Screenshot_2016-07-05-02-07-13.jpg

observer

Thanks I didn't think to bring that up when I responded to denial. On my second email I did tell them Name and destination matched but I didn't actually say it was pre entered. I now have come to realize that we have to be very specific with these off shore CSR uber has responding to us. I'm thinking it's a mute point since they made up my difference with the $40.00 gross fare guarantee. It's the principal of the matter and also letting Uber know I didn't screw up.
It's important to keep on top of this scammer so the account is flagged by Uber. She probably already did this to another driver and got away with it.

Get her account flagged.

UberwhoIaM

It's important to keep on top of this scammer so the account is flagged by Uber. She probably already did this to another driver and got away with it.

Get her account flagged.
How do you get an account flagged? They approved my rating change to a 1. I didn't know we could get account flagged.
Screenshot_2016-07-05-02-54-20.jpg

observer

How do you get an account flagged? They approved my rating change to a 1. I didn't know we could get account flagged. View attachment 47424
I think just by you escalating your complaint until you get a supervisor then explaining what happened. Uber doesn't want to get cheated out of their money. I would think they are smart enough to flag her account to prevent her from pulling this in the future.

Fireguy50

Dash camera?
You can offer footage of confirming identity and have there picture for Uber CSR
Everytime I mention my camera the dispute goes in my favor.

UberwhoIaM

I think just by you escalating your complaint until you get a supervisor then explaining what happened. Uber doesn't want to get cheated out of their money. I would think they are smart enough to flag her account to prevent her from pulling this in the future.
Ok great! I'm a firm believer in reporting rouge pax. I've only had a couple instances where I felt the pax needed to be reported on. The worst one being a pax that spilled a large cup of coffee in my car and then tried to do some drug transactions from my car thinking I wasn't smart enough to figure that out. That was back in the beginning first 20 rides. First and only time I had to request a cleaning fee. They did tell me they would do something about him so other drivers wouldn't have to deal with possible future drug dealings. That was before I knew of this awesome forum..

UberwhoIaM

Dash camera?
You can offer footage of confirming identity and have there picture for Uber CSR
Everytime I mention my camera the dispute goes in my favor.
I'm reluctant to admit I don't currently have a dash cam. I've only recently (since Memorial day guarantee) started driving the closing hours bar scenes. Usually only drive city surge times. This experience among a couple other have shown me the necessity for having one. My biggest fear is being accused of doing something I didn't do. I now realize that having a camera will keep pax in check when they realize there's video backup. I did look into it before but saw that the good dual view/night mode cameras were kind of pricey. Since if driven over 1000+ rides with minimal need of one I couldn't justify spending that kind of cash then. But now I think otherwise. Any dispute/complaint by pax will end immediately upon showing video proof. Plus the added protection of traffic footage during an accident. I guess I need to research a decent camera. What kind of camera do you use? Cost of it?

Slim Pete

Get her account flagged.
Is it possible for a rider to continue the scam just by creating a new account using a different credit card (or even the same credit card with a different name)?