21 years old student need advice

Antdel0901

Hey there guys! Im asking for an honest advice I need to earn atleast $2.5k every month to cover all my car insurance and financing bill plus the money I have to send back home for my dads dialysis. Do you think it would be reasonable to do uber? Cause I need a flexible schedule that I can work on while studyung full time. What are the average income per month of an uber driver? Thanks.

UberTrader

Yes you can make, buy a 6 or 7 seater car/minivan/SUV which will exclude you from pool calls, you should make more than that if you work long hours 5 days a week....one golden advice, never buy a brand new car for Uber, buy a 2014, 2015 car in less than half price of it's new value, you can find that in many used car dealers off kijiji...I would not spend more than $15k on car for Uber. Good luck.

dmoney155

So 5*5 + 14 * 2 (not sure of definition of long hours so put 14 for weekend) so 53 hrs total. 2500/53 = $47/hr gross consistently for those 53hrs? doubt it.

Sorry, if you meant per month, then 625/week is quite doable lol.

Antdel0901

Yes you can make, buy a 6 or 7 seater car/minivan/SUV which will exclude you from pool calls, you should make more than that if you work long hours 5 days a week....one golden advice, never buy a brand new car for Uber, buy a 2014, 2015 car in less than half price of it's new value, you can find that in many used car dealers off kijiji...I would not spend more than $15k on car for Uber. Good luck.

I got a brandnew 2018 elantra gl. I plan to keep the car in the longer run. Dont care how many kms I will put on it driving uber. Do you think it can work? $2.5k a month. 5 hours a day mon to thursday. Long hours friday and saturday.

So 5*5 + 14 * 2 (not sure of definition of long hours so put 14 for weekend) so 53 hrs total. 2500/53 = $47/hr gross consistently for those 53hrs? doubt it.

Sorry, if you meant per month, then 625/week is quite doable lol.

Yeap per month :smiles: haha. Lol. Thank you!

UberTrader

I got a brandnew 2018 elantra gl. I plan to keep the car in the longer run. Dont care how many kms I will put on it driving uber. Do you think it can work? $2.5k a month. 5 hours a day mon to thursday. Long hours friday and saturday.

Yeap per month :smiles: haha. Lol. Thank you!

Well, if you plan to keep the car then that is fine, absolutely doable, don't listen to what others say, if you work hard you can make it even better, just focus on work and don't have high expectation, you will do fine...:smiles:

Antdel0901

Well, if you plan to keep the car then that is fine, absolutely doable, don't listen to what others say, if you work hard you can make it even better, just focus on work and don't have high expectation, you will do fine...:smiles:

Thank you!! Im also studying. Im driven by the responsibilty that I need to do thats why Im definitely gonna work hard. Thanks!!!

AJsh

Just focus on your studies and ask your rich parents for more $$$ when you run out.
Not everyone who goes to college have rich parents. There are actually some who make it on their own. Show some respect.

The six seat car to avoid pool is a myth. I know people driving Mazda 5 and still getting Pool. It doesn't qualify for XL.

Antdel0901

Not everyone who goes to college have rich parents. There are actually some who make it on their own. Show some respect.

The six seat car to avoid pool is a myth. I know people driving Mazda 5 and still getting Pool. It doesn't qualify for XL.

Will it work sir? $2k - $2.5k a month.

JohnSavage

Not every college student is rich, but do you know any poor college students with their own 2018 Elantra?

This guy comes from money.

Sign up with Uber and try it yourself bro. You'll be bored with it after a month and go back to the silver spoon.

Cableguynoe

Hey there guys! Im asking for an honest advice I need to earn atleast $2.5k every month to cover all my car insurance and financing bill plus the money I have to send back home for my dads dialysis. Do you think it would be reasonable to do uber? Cause I need a flexible schedule that I can work on while studyung full time. What are the average income per month of an uber driver? Thanks.
Drop out of school and drive 12 hours a day.
Very possible to hit your goal.

Antdel0901

Not every college student is rich, but do you know any poor college students with their own 2018 Elantra?

This guy comes from money.

Sign up with Uber and try it yourself bro. You'll be bored with it after a month and go back to the silver spoon.

Its financed sir. I just got accepted. Until wednesday to decide wether sign the papers or not. Trust me I need money more than you think. Have a good day.

Thank you.

JohnSavage

Its financed sir. I just got accepted. Until wednesday to decide wether sign the papers or not. Trust me I need money more than you think. Have a good day.

Thank you.

If this is true than financing a car is a terrible financial decision and I strongly urge you not to do it. Payments, insurance (especially at your age), maintenance, parking, increasing gas prices, etc. are way more than you can get ahead of with Uber.

Way better to get a more conventional job and walk, bike, or TTC around the city.

If absolutely required look at a 2012 car. Way better for Uber and young kid.

Good luck.

deagl344

Thank you.

So you buy a brand new car when you need money?
Im not a financial advisor but how is that a sound financial move?
Why not buy a used car for 13-15k and be lower on payments than ball yourself out of $24k or whatever your car goes for.
seems to me like youre buying the car only to do uber with it. The hours you listed are quite "heavy" for a full time student. When are you planning on studying?
Youre going to be burned out in shool and fail your courses how is that going to benefit your future? If you fail courses in school thats the money you lost and have to spend again.

Good luck in whatever you decide, but if those are the hours you really want to work then be part time at school, otherwise you might find yourself failing at either getting acceptable grades or meeting your uber goals.

Antdel0901

Why not buy a used car for 13-15k and be lower on payments than ball yourself out of $24k or whatever your car goes for.
seems to me like youre buying the car only to do uber with it. The hours you listed are quite "heavy" for a full time student. When are you planning on studying?
Youre going to be burned out in shool and fail your courses how is that going to benefit your future? If you fail courses in school thats the money you lost and have to spend again.

Good luck in whatever you decide, but if those are the hours you really want to work then be part time at school, otherwise you might find yourself failing at either getting acceptable grades or meeting your uber goals.

I get your point sir. Thank you! Gave me a lot of ideas.

Uberactionmax

Uber needs people like him though. Someone not able to finance or maintain a car without driving for uber. This way he is forced to uber even if he doesn't enjoy it. Which is why so many drivers start complaining about uber.

Andy3131

Pool calls are not even 5% of my pings...

mKat

Thank you.
Exactly how did you qualify for financing on a brand new car with no proof of income?

Athos

New drivers tend to dent their cars more than they think they will. Follow John Savage's advice and buy a 2012 or a 2011. Your insurance will be a huge cost and you should buy a car with that foremost in mind.

Furthermore, payments at half of what new car payments will be will reduce pressure on you and that might allow you more time for your studies which is where you should be putting your efforts.

Buy an Uber beater! (A beater is a car you can abuse without too much worry: you can "beat it up".)