20yearsdriving

I had a ride from west LA to Anaheim so I did a few rides down in OC....

I got this young kid who did the infamous cancel as you get out of the car before I end ride....

I got out and shouted at him im gonna call the police as he was walking in his front door....

How stupid to do that in front of your house.....

My blood began to boil.... At first I was going to slash the tires on the car in the driveway with my knife, but it probably wasnt his so my better judgment took over.....

Instead I lobbex a 2/3 full coke can left by another PAX right at this dumb kids door.....

I hit it hard enough the porchlight went out briefly, and could hear the fizz of cola all over his door and house......

You are lucky it wasnt a rock or a molotov cocktail you dirty scummy pile of filth!!!!

We Used to call them Deer
In the past they just ran away

Now the have the bolls to walk away grrrr!!!

LA_Rides

I had a ride from west LA to Anaheim so I did a few rides down in OC....

I got this young kid who did the infamous cancel as you get out of the car before I end ride....

I got out and shouted at him im gonna call the police as he was walking in his front door....

How stupid to do that in front of your house.....

My blood began to boil.... At first I was going to slash the tires on the car in the driveway with my knife, but it probably wasnt his so my better judgment took over.....

Instead I lobbex a 2/3 full coke can left by another PAX right at this dumb kids door.....

I hit it hard enough the porchlight went out briefly, and could hear the fizz of cola all over his door and house......

You are lucky it wasnt a rock or a molotov cocktail you dirty scummy pile of filth!!!!

Hey brother same thing happen to me. I posted about this awhile back regarding the UCLA student SCAM. This is where they
cancel right before they get out of the car. So when you are at your destination and they are about to get out of the car they will cancel. It's
theft of services just like not paying at taxi driver and walking away. When I complained to uBer they did not pay me.

Just like I have mentioned numerous times uBer is a SCAM on a totally different level. They will scam drivers out in the open.
Someone needs to crack down on them. I hope the FBI is conducting an internal investigation on them and lock up whoever is behind it.

Why the fk does uber allow passengers to cancel after a ride starts?

Hmm because they had NO intentions on paying for it. They know uBer loophole. BEWARE of the UCLA student scam. It is the same thing that just happened to getoutofmycar

Juan.C

Ive had a kid from OC cancel a ride the moment i started the trip and switch to google nav. If i didnt have the volume up i wouldn't have noticed like some people have mentioned in other threads.

LA_Rides

Ive had a kid from OC cancel a ride the moment i started the trip and switch to google nav. If i didnt have the volume up i wouldn't have noticed like some people have mentioned in other threads.

Yep they are doing it more and more now. You know how it is. One student SCAMMER tells another and than the party starts. Now you start seeing more and more student SCAMMERS canceling right before they get out of the car at there destination. Like I mentioned it's theft of services just like walking away from a taxi and not paying. We should catch one in the act and call police and start filming them as they are walking away. Put that on the news.. College SCAMMERS manipulating uBer app to get free rides.

We get robbed over and over again by uBer messing with our fares and now we need to deal with this. We probably spend more time trying to correct
stuff that uBer or pax did than driving. Pisses me off.

UberLaLa

Yep they are doing it more and more now. You know how it is. One student SCAMMER tells another and than the party starts. Now you start seeing more and more student SCAMMERS canceling right before they get out of the car at there destination. Like I mentioned it's theft of services just like walking away from a taxi and not paying. We should catch one in the act and call police and start filming them as they are walking away. Put that on the news.. College SCAMMERS manipulating uBer app to get free rides.

We get robbed over and over again by uBer messing with our fares and now we need to deal with this. We probably spend more time trying to correct
stuff that uBer or pax did than driving. Pisses me off.

1. Boycott UCLA
2. If for whatever reason a driver has a drop there...End All Trips 1/4 mile before the drop.

University of Cancels & Loser A-holes

mandreyka

I used lyft last night and was looking at the app while on the trip.

I couldn't find an option to cancel but there was one early on in the trip.

Maybe after some time that option ends, was it a short ride?

goneubering

Looks like we are going to need to End Trip before arriving; whenever there is any suspicion of this kind of passenger.

:rolleyes:

I've been lucky. I've never had one of these scammers do this to me. Why does Uber even allow it? We need some type of recourse.

LA_Rides

I used lyft last night and was looking at the app while on the trip.

I couldn't find an option to cancel but there was one early on in the trip.

Maybe after some time that option ends, was it a short ride?

Mine was a short ride. I picked up this UCLA student from her apartment or student housing not to far from the campus. What I did
notice is she was very quiet in the back seat not saying anything and than when we got to the school and I was about to close out the trip it said
canceled. I said to myself DUH you just got SCAMMED by a UCLA student SCAMMER. Now fast forward to today I can see other experienced similar issues. All it takes is one scammer to tell someone else and now you have an EPIDEMIC of student scammers.

UberLALA made a very smart comment. If you pick one of these students up close out the trip as you are coming down the street to there destination.
I contacted uBer over and over about the scam and they never gave me credit. Pisses me off even now. I hate seeing other drivers out there trying to feed their families getting SCAMMED. It's enough dealing with uBer SCHEMING and SCAMMING us but students as well.

Not to long ago I was hearing stories about how pax would say that the driver was intoxicated just to get a free trip. Pisses me off.

Think about all the FREE rides these students SCHEMED and SCAMMED us drivers out of. I am not sure what the total amount of drivers in Los Angeles County are but its a decent amount. Keep in mind these are college educated so if anyone can pull off a Bernie Madoff SCAM its these students.

Last edited:

DocT

I thought we still get paid the rate (time + miles + base) from the pick up (start) of trip to the time of cancel? I had that "accidental" cancel on me during mid trip, kicked out the pax, and still got paid by Uber.