Roadster4

Did you know you can call your Senator in Washington at 202-224-3121 and ask them what you expect from them to do in regards to Rideshare? Did you know you can outline what’s important to YOU directly to your elected official? Did you know you can let them know that you will only vote for them in the upcoming elections if they implement the changes you desire/demand?

Even if you feel you were naive to join a coalition that was not necessarily designed to protect you and your best interest, and now you know better, it’s still not too late to make the right move! You may still call the above number and indicate that you were naive to join that coalition in the past and outline what’s important to you personally today!

When you call 202-224-3121 you will be asked to enter your Zip Code. This will put you in contact with your Senator’s Office in Washington DC.

NorCalPhil

Did you know you can call your Senator in Washington at 202-224-3121 and ask them what you expect from them to do in regards to Rideshare? Did you know you can outline what’s important to YOU directly to your elected official? Did you know you can let them know that you will only vote for them in the upcoming elections if they implement the changes you desire/demand?

Even if you feel you were naive to join a coalition that was not necessarily designed to protect you and your best interest, and now you know better, it’s still not too late to make the right move! You may still call the above number and indicate that you were naive to join that coalition in the past and outline what’s important to you personally today!

When you call 202-224-3121 you will be asked to enter your Zip Code. This will put you in contact with your Senator’s Office in Washington DC.
This is California. It doesn't matter who people vote for. The democrats, particularly in the Senate, are already baked in the cake until they die or resign. They don't care. Too busy yelling at the orangeman. Sad.

AgentSmith

This is California. It doesn't matter who people vote for. The democrats, particularly in the Senate, are already baked in the cake until they die or resign. They don't care. Too busy yelling at the orangeman. Sad.
It’s not like the “Orangeman” or the Republicans will ever support labor rights, they are too busy giving tax cuts to corporations. Ab5, however messed up, was created and passed by Democrats.
All I’m saying is don’t be cynical cause changes are inevitable.

Roadster4

Thank you for your comment.

There are tens of thousands of potential voters who drive with Rideshare companies in California. The politicians who are running for re-election do care for every single vote they can get. That’s the point here. As you can see some folks are experts in complaining, mocking, and insulting each other on this forum. Let’s see what people do when in comes down to taking actions and doing something meaningful and potentially constructive!

Last edited:

Roadster4

Kamala Harris is Tony West's (Uber's main lawyer) sister-in-law right?

You think a bunch of Uber Drivers calling her office are gonna do a thing?
Thank you for your post.

I think if the callers outline what’s important to them directly to their elected officials and let the officials know that you will only vote for them in the upcoming elections if they implement those changes you desire/demand things can and will change.

NorCalPhil

It’s not like the “Orangeman” or the Republicans will ever support labor rights, they are too busy giving tax cuts to corporations. Ab5, however messed up, was created and passed by Democrats.
All I’m saying is don’t be cynical cause changes are inevitable.
I tend to just want to focus on how the policies affect me, and not how others portray them.

I just finished my taxes. My effective tax rate this year was 6%. I'm free to work for whoever I want, assuming they want me to work for them. Life is good. Self-determination is a smarter path to prosperity than messing with politicians.

Roadster4

It’s a breath of fresh air to see participants who are getting their messages across without insulting, mocking, name calling, and trolling anyone. Whether we agree with each other’s messages or not having a civil communication is the most effective way to go.

BeansnRice

Thank you for your comment.

There are tens of thousands of potential voters who drive with Rideshare companies in California. The politicians who are running for re-election do care for every single vote they can get. That’s the point here. As you can see some folks are experts in complaining, mocking, and insulting each other on this forum. Let’s see what people do when in comes down to taking actions and doing something meaningful and potentially constructive!
A couple issues with proactive political actions:

1) younger people have seen little community activism in their lifetime
2) people don’t understand wats at stake and just go along to get along
3) folks have lost a sense of what they are worth.
4) new societal norms and the sensitive nature of how we communicate scares people or stepping out of line to protect their voice and their rights.

It’s a different day.

I could write that we should be getting $40 an hour plus expenses and some other driver all comment how they are comforted with the 7 year decline in rates into the dirt.

If I say we need per mile per min closer to the cabs someone here will say “ but Uber and Lyft have to make money”.

The state of Low T today is really sad.

Perhaps it’s the stuff they spray in the air everyday.

The OP is not wrong though.

Roadster4

4) new societal norms and the sensitive nature of how we communicate scares people or stepping out of line to protect their voice and their rights.

It’s a different day.

I could write that we should be getting $40 an hour plus expenses and some other driver all comment how they are comforted with the 7 year decline in rates into the dirt.

If I say we need per mile per min closer to the cabs someone here will say “ but Uber and Lyft have to make money”.

Post automatically merged:

You brought up some valid points.

That’s why an association of workers forming a Legal Personhood, or Legal Unit might be the best option for Rideshare Workers in California. This Bargaining Unit will act as a Bargaining Agent and Legal Representative for unit of workers in All Matters of Law or Right arising from or in the administration of a Collective Agreement.

Last edited:

Deadmiler69

It’s a different day.

As in low testosterone? Hahahahaha old people are funny.