2019 Coachella Lyft Experience

Uberlyft69

The local gypsy punk Lyft drivers of Coachella drove circles around the
visiting team of Los Angeles Uber this year.(2019)
Bless their souls, those Coachella locals have a quiet dignity, but show that they have teeth when it comes to festival time.
The tourist Uber drivers were tricked into waiting in a designated pickup zone; their eyes dewy eyed with corporate promises of $20 extra a ride ; while just causing a complete block in traffic and making it impossible to escape a room at the motel 6 for $230.
This defeats the beauty of Rideshare where
you can pick up whoever/ wherever as long as you do not block transit or just get in the way like what happened this weekend. (All closest hubs closed on festival days (surprise your stuck!)
Meanwhile, the Coachella Lyft Mafia drove around with their placards on the left or even
sideways and upside down; all in a sign of defiance .
It appears that the Uber strike that was dropped after a day in LA , is still going
strong here.(there’s a LOT of dust here ,be prepared for a cabin filter change,oil change and interior detail upon your triumphant return home and no recompense from corporate)
While people complained in parking areas about lack of showers and quality of the buffet; the locals delivered mysterious packages to after parties and received “insane” bonuses.
The festival is not over yet and let’s not underestimate the potential possibility that Uber could dominate during Mr West ‘s Easter
Service this Sunday ; rumor has it some UberEats drivers might possibly be atheist especially this c melody saxophone mating season, the odds at the Chumash are 5 to 1.
Please spell check and fact cross reference this when you have time .
Best Regards,
Misha Bodnar
Platinum Driver
277 rides from 1k ride Members Only quality
plastic jacket.?

KK2929

I certainly wish that message made sense. Would like to know if that music festival is worth the drive from L.A.

uswstm44

I just joined but I have been driving for L/U for over 2 years. My experience: after making a couple of small rides in the Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage areas Friday night, I headed over to Indio at about 8:45pm. I received my next ride at about 11:45pm. I waited in line for the Uber pickup area for about 3 hours and made a grand total of $37 with the $25 bonus. I returned to the Polo gounds at about 12:30pm and tried Lyft. After waiting another hour to get a ride and get through traffic, I picked up a ride to Indian Wells. Upon returning to the Uber lot, the signs said "Lot closed" and "No more riders." I headed back and got home at 4:30am. I was less than satisfied with my night.

KK2929

I just joined but I have been driving for L/U for over 2 years. My experience: after making a couple of small rides in the Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage areas Friday night, I headed over to Indio at about 8:45pm. I received my next ride at about 11:45pm. I waited in line for the Uber pickup area for about 3 hours and made a grand total of $37 with the $25 bonus. I returned to the Polo grounds at about 12:30pm and tried Lyft. After waiting another hour to get a ride and get through traffic, I picked up a ride to Indian Wells. Upon returning to the Uber lot, the signs said "Lot closed" and "No more riders." I headed back and got home at 4:30am. I was less than satisfied with my night.
---------------------------
Yikes !! That is the kind of info I was looking for. It is a long drive for me to get there. I have never made the trip and now, will not.
With gas at $3.93+, not worth the drive.
Thank for the info