1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

2017 Rideshare Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Pay' started by Cb814, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cb814

Cb814 Member

Created this for myself to track pretty much everything I could think of from gas, to depreciation, estimated taxes, my hourly rate before and after taxes, misc. expenses (mints, water, car maintenance, etc). I'm open to suggestion and improving this any way possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B224jUlZ7Rscc0lQY1F6c09Bazg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Buddywannaride

Buddywannaride Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Depreciation is spelled wrong

3. Cb814

Cb814 Member

Thanks, fixed on the copy going out

Online_forum likes this.
  4. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

I have something similar. Because keying in trips into a spreadsheet is a ballache, I wrote some Excel VBA code which take each week's downloaded csv trip file from Uber's website, pulls out all each trip's data - date, time, fare, surge and toll, and then adds the trips to the spreadsheet.

No keying in and each update takes less than a minute. It's also good to have the trip time, which allows analysis of best times to drive.

5. Cb814

Cb814 Member

Nice, I don't know coding so stick to what I know plus I like coming home at the end of the day/night, etc. and sitting down and putting in the numbers to see how I did for that shift.

Online_forum likes this.

6. Kemo1

Kemo1 New Member

You guys can always use app called that cost $2.99 monthly but send you weekly reports and it tracks your miles. It shows points where you have stopped more than 2 minutes and it used your phones GPS to track movements. You can take picture of fuel bills, car wash, food, insurance, car payment, etc and it puts them on the cloud.. when tax season comes you can do your taxes with all the deductions since the app those them and you just have to show your tax man.. if you get audited, they will send about 800 pages of reports to the IRS for you which will show them your info was accurante

Online_forum and Alincoln like this.
  7. SlimG

SlimG New Member

Have you calculated miles to pick up passenger and why does that cost in fuel?

Online_forum likes this.
  8. Cb814

Cb814 Member

Sorry, my market is college kids and I haven't driven or been on here in nearly two weeks since they left for winter break. Any questions with the download or app though feel free to ask, I'm back.

Online_forum and Vikiing0 like this.
  9. Cb814

Cb814 Member

It's definitely possible and ultimately someone with more ability and time than me could even have an input screen where you just date, app, and the info and it moves it to the right rows for you and adds them up as well as separates but not something I have the time or capacity to explore right now. And then you have those that may do Juno, UberEats, or any other sorts of rideshare that they want to separate out. My main goal with this was to track the stuff shown on the front page and to see my hourly rate and weekly profits to see a paycheck of sorts.

10. Cb814

Cb814 Member

Fixed formulas that weren't adding the first two weeks to the monthly sheet as well was calculating pre tax hourly rate on it wrong. The link in the original post has the updated file.

11. Uber SUCKS for drivers!

Uber SUCKS for drivers! Well-Known Member

This is really a stupid waste of time, if your market isn't paying $1.50/mile you are losing$! All the ugly truths are in my signature below!

Logger likes this.
  12. Cb814

Cb814 Member

Can't see your signature but ok. i only drove part time and usually kept it to busy times and weekend nights but I made a profit well over minimum wage but I also don't know what other markets are like since mine is at $1.75 per mile. But I mean if they are losing money they would see that using the spreadsheet as well and would likely help them decide if it's worth it to keep doing it and to at least help come tax time as well. But to each their own.

13. Uber SUCKS for drivers!

No one's actually "making" any $, it's all just a "grand illusion". You are just selling a $20 chunk of your car for $10 each time you accept a ride! You are not making a "wage", you are just "eating" your car in little pieces. Its absolutely no different than selling all your furniture at the flea market!l

Online_forum likes this.
  14. Cb814

Cb814 Member

I account for depreciation. Id love to hear how you figure you sell a $20 chunk of your car for $10 each ride. My car cost 6k when I bought it 3 years ago. I've been driving now since August and have made more after gas and taxes and expenses than my car cost when I bought it so my car has already been paid for and is now making me money.

idriveu likes this.
  15. Uber SUCKS for drivers!

Well, I guess I'm talking about a decent ($30k) car, not a $3k beater. Those should not be allowed. That is how far this service has fallen. Travis is now chasing the bus customer :-(

16. Uber SUCKS for drivers!

Im pretty sure there are no $1.75/mile uberx markets left, are you on mars???

Big Swede likes this.
  17. Cb814

Cb814 Member

State college, pa

Attached Files:

john1975 likes this.
  18. Cb814

Cb814 Member

I keep my car clean and in good shape and regularly checked out. It's a 2007 so I will be upgrading though by the end of the year. Not for a 30k car to driver uber, that's just bad business.

19. naplestom75

naplestom75 Well-Known Member

It's not rideshare

20. Mvemjsunp

Mvemjsunp New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is amazing! Thanks for making this.

Online_forum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.