• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

2000 bags.

UberPete1911

Hey.. if you were in Brisbane, Australia... you'd be driving for uber and actually making money. They get 10$ cancel fee.. per kilometer is 1.20$(or1.15) I can't recall now. And you get guaranteed base trip.

He's done 2k trips in 8 months because the Australian government saw through ubers bullshyt and made sure that their drivers will get paid a decent wage.

1000+ trips first 90 days, 1000 trips per year since

pretty much screen so its all the same ride

true independent contractors dont work for free & get the details of their contract prior to doing any free labor

LonePeace

Just checked out current pay rate in Brisbane, Australia..... and wow... $9 AUD (about $6 USD as of today) to just pick up and drop off... We get about $1.88 USD to do the same thing in Vancouver Canada..... errrr

1565817802241.png

I understand their cost of living is higher than most cities in North America, hence minimum wage is quite good there. But also keep in mind Aud to Usd is only at 1:0.67 today.

Last edited:

Hot Suomi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just checked out current pay rate in Brisbane, Australia..... and wow... $9 AUD (about $6 USD as of today) to just pick up and drop off... We get about $1.88 USD to do the same thing in Vancouver Canada..... errrr
I understand their cost of living is higher than most cities in North America, hence minimum wage is quite good there. But also keep in mind Aud to Usd is only at 1:0.67 today.
I work 7 days a week, 10-12 hours everyday, 70-80 hours a week.

Weekly income AUD 500-600, petrol expenses AUD 100-120/week.

Petrol price AUD 1.30-1.65/liter, https://petrolspy.com.au/map/latlng/-27.5757907/153.08754049999993

Service every 10000 km AUD 200-300. Annual rego AUD 737 for 4 cylinder car, insurance AUD 650.

Room rent AUD 150-200. If less than AUD 150, it is cattle shed.

Food in Coles or Woolwoth is expensive, up to AUD 100/week.

Do not forget about taxes, road fines, repair.
Post automatically merged:

I understand their cost of living is higher than most cities in North America
Unemployment payment maximum for single, no children AUD 700/fortnight.

Allowance AUD 555/fortnight.

Rent assistance 37% of rent expenses, no more than AUD 305/fortnight.

Electricity supply assistance AUD 8.80/fortnight.

Uber income is a little bit better than unemployment allowance.

Last edited:

Hot Suomi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey.. if you were in Brisbane, Australia... you'd be driving for uber and actually making money. They get 10$ cancel fee.. per kilometer is 1.20$(or1.15) I can't recall now. And you get guaranteed base trip.

Uber Australia reduced cancellation fee from AUD 10 to AUD 5.50, I already cancelled order via support 2 times within this week.

1 kilometer in Brisbane is AUD 0.90, in Gold Coast AUD 1.10, in Sunshine Coast AUD 0.90 like in Bri.
Post automatically merged:

When I moved in Aussia, my friend from Russia moved in Winnipeg.

He is happy, he never experienced lack of money and job.