$200 for lyft plus ride to Ventura(200+ miles)

steve rice

I would like to get some feedback from other drivers on a Lyft ride I experienced.

It was a Lyft Plus ride that took 4 hours and 39 minutes one way.

I was expecting around $400. At the conclusion Lyft paid me $200.

So it looks as though it turned out to be a "flat-rate" that I was unaware of, for a 200 mile fare.

Does this mean that a one-way fare to San Francisco could cost a flat-rate of $200 ?

I couldn't find anything on the Lyft website regarding their policies on maximum charges, maximum distance, flat-rates etc.

Does someone know where to find this info for san diego Lyft plus drivers?

Last edited:

San Diego Steve

I would like to get some feedback from other drivers on this ride.

It was a lyft plus ride and I was expecting around $400 not $200.

The ride took 4 hours and 39 minutes to get there.

I couldn't find anything on the lyft website for their policies on maximum charges, maximum distance, etc.

Does someone know where to find this info for san diego lyft plus drivers?

Can someone take a ride to san fran for $200?
Standard Lyft rates would net you around $1 per mile if your paying 20% comission. Check the rates on the rider app. And you can figure it out easily.

Luber4.9

Lyft pays driver for time and distance.

If they want to have the customer underpay on your Plus ride, that is their business.

But they should pay you the proper amount.

SteveSD

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Lyft have a certain $$$ cutoff for any given trip?

View attachment 60706

View attachment 60705
Wow , that's crazy ... In order to get paid properly finish trip in Oceanside , make them
Request you again , finish in Orange County then rerequest and finish trip 10 min before drop so it's even because of Booking fees .... I don't see other options ...
I turn down uber to LA
to far... To cheap :frown:
image.png

ATL2SD

Their max fare is $200.
I've read the same here on UP.net.

Wow , that's crazy ... In order to get paid properly finish trip in Oceanside , make them
Request you again , finish in Orange County then rerequest and finish trip 10 min before drop so it's even because of Booking fees .... I don't see other options ...
Hmmmm....Good idea! Maybe try the trip on Uber?! Many of us have had $200+ trips that haven't even gone half the distance of San Diego county. This is the fare on Uber...

image.png

image.png

Nick S

I would like to get some feedback from other drivers on a Lyft ride I experienced.

It was a Lyft Plus ride that took 4 hours and 39 minutes one way.

I was expecting around $400. At the conclusion Lyft paid me $200.

So it looks as though it turned out to be a "flat-rate" that I was unaware of, for a 200 mile fare.

Does this mean that a one-way fare to San Francisco could cost a flat-rate of $200 ?

I couldn't find anything on the Lyft website regarding their policies on maximum charges, maximum distance, flat-rates etc.

Does someone know where to find this info for san diego Lyft plus drivers?
The way I do my math when I pick someone up, is however many miles it is, that's how much you're getting paid

manabout

Ick, too bad that wasn't during the middle of the night, 3hrs max.

Sounds like you got caught in the mess that is the 5, 405, and 101

LAuberX

Lyft has a fare cap, no way to get over $160.00 net on regular Lyft, Plus may be $250. if the OP got 200. net.

San Diego X

Wow, this is totally ridiculous. They allow you to drive the pax there, but refuse to pay you for the entire trip.

I would send Lyft the Uber screenshot estimate and demand to be compensated the difference or you'll never drive for Lyft as it is a disadvantage to Uber.

Nick S

Wow, this is totally ridiculous. They allow you to drive the pax there, but refuse to pay you for the entire trip.

I would send Lyft the Uber screenshot estimate and demand to be compensated the difference or you'll never drive for Lyft as it is a disadvantage to Uber.
They don't care

NCRBILL

I turn down uber to LA
to far... To cheap :frown: View attachment 60712
I have a rule that I don't take any rides to LA unless it's on XL AND MINIMUM of 2.5 surge.

I can get rides coming back home and I'm thinking now with the destination filter it may be better