Inshur

20 to 30 hours per week day shift ?

Hi all

am about to join uber x , and i need honest advice
can you tell me how much roughly will you make after uber cut by doing 20 to 30 a week day and evening shift in London ? no night shift

thank you in advance

peace

That is part time hours and in this game nowadays its just not worthit, by the time you pay insurance which is ave about 70pw car hire (if needed) another 130pw petrol on 30 hrs prob around 45pw if you have a hybrid if not then about 75, then 25% to uber. Working days you have a lot of traffic to put up with unless your out by 5 am picking up then days are not worth it. I reckon for a new ph if your not familiar with traffic hot spots or high demand areas you will be lucky to scrape 120 per day after comm on a 9 hr day during the week sat and sun will be better prob clear 150-200 after comm starting early and getting a good 12 hr shift in. Honestly part time during the day after all expenses is hard graft for little reward. You can work out from that roughly what you think you can take.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is part time hours and in this game nowadays its just not worthit, by the time you pay insurance which is ave about 70pw car hire (if needed) another 130pw petrol on 30 hrs prob around 45pw if you have a hybrid if not then about 75, then 25% to uber. Working days you have a lot of traffic to put up with unless your out by 5 am picking up then days are not worth it. I reckon for a new ph if your not familiar with traffic hot spots or high demand areas you will be lucky to scrape 120 per day after comm on a 9 hr day during the week sat and sun will be better prob clear 150-200 after comm starting early and getting a good 12 hr shift in. Honestly part time during the day after all expenses is hard graft for little reward. You can work out from that roughly what you think you can take.
45 pw that is crazy , thank you for your honest opinion

thank you all for your honest opinion , i think i have to try it my self to see if its worth it or not

Maxy

M
Hi all

am about to join uber x , and i need honest advice
can you tell me how much roughly will you make after uber cut by doing 20 to 30 a week day and evening shift in London ? no night shift

thank you in advance

peace

Mate - First of all warm welcome to the Uber Wagen, some very truthful advise given by some members of this forum. But what i'll say to you is to go ahead and rent a vehicle for a month of so, and see it with your own eyes. Only then you can make a decision based on ur circumstances!

every case is different - some people will say you can make money in this business, some will say otherwise. but one thing is for sure you need to put allot of hours and what you take home you need to deduct your expenses and the hours you put in and only then work out if its worth it.

Goodluck

I do around 30 hours a week.
2 Working days evening (3-4 hours each)
Friday Evening (8 Hour shift) - 18:00 to 3:00 AM
Saturday Minimum 12 Hours Shift -

I clear around between 400-450 after commission
Please note that You have to Insurance, Car Loan, Fuel, Car Washes etcs.........

Hope this helps.

M

Mate - First of all warm welcome to the Uber Wagen, some very truthful advise given by some members of this forum. But what i'll say to you is to go ahead and rent a vehicle for a month of so, and see it with your own eyes. Only then you can make a decision based on ur circumstances!

every case is different - some people will say you can make money in this business, some will say otherwise. but one thing is for sure you need to put allot of hours and what you take home you need to deduct your expenses and the hours you put in and only then work out if its worth it.

Goodluck
Thank you mate will do

I do around 30 hours a week.
2 Working days evening (3-4 hours each)
Friday Evening (8 Hour shift) - 18:00 to 3:00 AM
Saturday Minimum 12 Hours Shift -

I clear around between 400-450 after commission
Please note that You have to Insurance, Car Loan, Fuel, Car Washes etcs.........

Hope this helps.
thank you mate for your help

soTuga

The problem and confusion you might have is that everyone gives u different figures. When all the corn is back home you got to count what is left in the bag, after paying around £400/£500 wk in expenses ( all expenses).
When you are new, you got to see if you adjust to working LDN wide, be on the go constantly and never grow your business, every day is a new start. pace yourself. Good Luck

The problem and confusion you might have is that everyone gives u different figures. When all the corn is back home you got to count what is left in the bag, after paying around £400/£500 wk in expenses ( all expenses).
When you are new, you got to see if you adjust to working LDN wide, be on the go constantly and never grow your business, every day is a new start. pace yourself. Good Luck
how many hours you talking ? and what shift you are referring to ?

soTuga

how many hours you talking ? and what shift you are referring to ?
Many Expenses are fixed - every week the same amount, so the £450/£500 expenses are a norm for a London driver even part- time.
To clear £500 a week you got to drive at least 60 hrs /600miles and be very lucky. Many will show you a print screen with £900+ pwk, that is before expenses.
Day working does not work in general, due to heavy traffic, fines, nowhere to stop n wait, you get over tired to earn £5 hr. The market is oversaturated with drivers.

UberLuxbod

that is not bad
Only if your car and Insurance is free.

Car payment could easily be £100pw and Insurance could easily be £50pw since you are Part Time and sometimes the Insurance is more expensive for Part Timers, some companies won't even quote on Part Time drivers.

UberLuxbod

thank you all for your reply
so why are you still working for uber then ?
be honest

Peace
Because the people that are work Full Time.

Which means they can work the asset harder.

The only overheads that are altered by working PT are fuel and maintenance.

As soon as you licence your car as PH it will be devalued, as buyers assume it's been ragged.

If you have overheard a of £150 a week they are constant.

If you earn £300 (not including variable overheads like fuel or Ubers cut) with £150 overheads you make £150 before fuel.

Now consider earning £800. Your non variable overheads are still £150. So you make £650.

If you can't understand that concept you are either not really a good candidate for self employment or you are trolling.

Let's be honest now. Was the only reason you signed up to the forum was to ask that question?

UberLuxbod

so basically not worth it working for uber
Who said that?

Working Part Time at any PH Operator is now largely pointless due to the overheads.

Or can't you see that?

Uber rates are not the worst in London. At least of you drive 6 miles POB you get paid for 6miles and the time the punter is onboard.

If you work for some Operators you can drive 8miles and be paid 5miles and not be paid for every minute of being POB.

Many Operators don't charge any waiting time till after 15mins, which means you could easily loose 10minutes on every pick up.

You can also get run half way across London if the Operator needs a job covered. All those miles are free.