20 cases of bottled water from Lakewood NJ to Lancaster PA XL request last night......

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorD

2 hours and 135 miles on XL? Depends. Where in Lakewood? The SE corner of town is east of the Parkway. At shore rates I would have taken it.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First, Lakewood. So will never be me. Lakewood is also not shore rate. Your miles (and tolls) back are all on you. You can’t pick up in Lancaster Co. PA as a NJ driver.......I could go on and on....SOMEONE took it.....was just curious who.....

For clarification, the ping came from a Toms River (shore rate) address. Being Uber Diamond I could see the ride details. I was curious more than anything. She eventually called me and explained what she really wanted me to do. I told her I’m not Uhaul and don’t deliver goods. I didn’t mention to her that Lakewood could be on fire and I’m not picking up there. She was fine with it (because she knows we’re not supposed to do that), I collected my $5 cancel and moved along......but that’s me. I know one of these thirsty ants took it, just curious who....lol

VictorD

First, Lakewood. So will never be me. Lakewood is also not shore rate. Your miles (and tolls) back are all on you. You can’t pick up in Lancaster Co. PA as a NJ driver.......I could go on and on....SOMEONE took it.....was just curious who.....

For clarification, the ping came from a Toms River (shore rate) address. Being Uber Diamond I could see the ride details. I was curious more than anything. She eventually called me and explained what she really wanted me to do. I told her I’m not Uhaul and don’t deliver goods. I didn’t mention to her that Lakewood could be on fire and I’m not picking up there. She was fine with it (because she knows we’re not supposed to do that), I collected my $5 cancel and moved along......but that’s me. I know one of these thirsty ants took it, just curious who....lol
On Lyft you could have. Besides, if you know where you're going, tolls from Lancaster to Jersey are < $5.

Myself, I would have taken that and then DF/deadheaded to either KOP or West Chester and then used the Lyft DFs to get me back across the river.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

On Lyft you could have. Besides, if you know where you're going, tolls from Lancaster to Jersey are < $5.

Myself, I would have taken that and then DF/deadheaded to either KOP or West Chester and then used the Lyft DFs to get me back across the river.
Well, it was Uber, so Lyft doesn’t come into play. Also, it was Lakewood. I’m sure you would have taken it, since you say so. But, you would have lost out big time in so doing. A busy Friday night and you want to lose money that’s on you. The Amish community aren’t really noted for Feel Good Fridays ....lol

Still, someone took it, as her repeated pings (both Uber and Lyft) stopped after about the 4th time.

Uber burn in hell

2 hours and 135 miles on XL? Depends. Where in Lakewood? The SE corner of town is east of the Parkway. At shore rates I would have taken it.
Just letting you guys know T.O.S requires pax to be present in the vehicle. We cannot transport or deliverer goods. Also last time I check pax has to have a receipt with contents of packages as well and be in the vehicle.
Post automatically merged:

Well, it was Uber, so Lyft doesn’t come into play. Also, it was Lakewood. I’m sure you would have taken it, since you say so. But, you would have lost out big time in so doing. A busy Friday night and you want to lose money that’s on you. The Amish community aren’t really noted for Feel Good Fridays ....lol

Still, someone took it, as her repeated pings (both Uber and Lyft) stopped after about the 4th time.
How much you guys think that trip would have paid?

Cigars

I would have taken that.
(shore rate)
You could have taken the long way, made a loop around Trenton, stopped at a diner for dinner (on the clock), etc. and turned 140 miles into 175.
There would have been no passenger to complain and if she cancelled the ride in the middle, you just dump 20 cases of water on the side of the road and text back where she could pick them up.

I would have taken that.
(shore rate)
You could have taken the long way, made a loop around Trenton, stopped at a diner for dinner (on the clock), etc. and turned 140 miles into 175.
There would have been no passenger to complain and if she cancelled the ride in the middle, you just dump 20 cases of water on the side of the road and text back where she could pick them up.
Isn't the only part of Lakewood thats shore Leisure village east?

Mysanthropic_Motorist

Just letting you guys know T.O.S requires pax to be present in the vehicle. We cannot transport or deliverer goods. Also last time I check pax has to have a receipt with contents of packages as well and be in the vehicle.

How much you guys think that trip would have paid?
Well, it’s a simple math equation. Take normal NJ XL rate multiply by the miles to Lancaster.....then whatever pennies we get for minutes.

Then you straight cut that amount in half (cuz ya gotta get back) add in the lost revenue from all the missed Shore Rate rides you couldn’t do because you’re stuck in cow country....you will 100% end up losing. Uber will 100% make good money for your loss. Then you can fully expect that “rider” to challenge the fare and then show Uber that they never took that ride, Uber refunds them, you get a shiny new 1 star....best of all, you’ll have plenty of free time as you’ll be deactivated for violating Uber’s TOS.

That’s exactly what you could expect out of that ride.

Uber burn in hell

Well, it’s a simple math equation. Take normal NJ XL rate multiply by the miles to Lancaster.....then whatever pennies we get for minutes.

Then you straight cut that amount in half (cuz ya gotta get back) add in the lost revenue from all the missed Shore Rate rides you couldn’t do because you’re stuck in cow country....you will 100% end up losing. Uber will 100% make good money for your loss. Then you can fully expect that “rider” to challenge the fare and then show Uber that they never took that ride, Uber refunds them, you get a shiny new 1 star....best of all, you’ll have plenty of free time as you’ll be deactivated for violating Uber’s TOS.

Hahahah

??? that was awesome Mysanthropic! From now on I declare you CFO of these forum. ?

bobby747

Most don't see the big picture. City is overflowed with drivers trying to for fill a quest they not will not make. the fighters will make it... I would it did it at shore rate.... its 100 % better than phl at .74.6 cents a mile

Uber burn in hell

Most don't see the big picture. City is overflowed with drivers trying to for fill a quest they not will not make. the fighters will make it... I would it did it at shore rate.... its 100 % better than phl at .74.6 cents a mile
I used to make my 120 trips quest every week for my first 3 months, now I rarely hit 40 trips while making the same amount of $$$. ? quests huh? It should be called the “ THE QUEENQUEST ANT REWARDS” . No thanks

bobby747

I have not did over 50 rides in 2 years except major surge or holiday.
I try for 40 a week.
I am an x..xl... wav....i do ok

I was chatting a buddy. what happens u do the ride and pax tells uber. they never took ride...wow now what...?

Last edited:

OtherUbersdo

I try for 40 a week.

I was chatting a buddy. what happens u do the ride and pax tells uber. they never took ride...wow now what...?
These are bar none the best rides a driver can take . These people are usually in a situation that does not allow them to use traditional delivery services . They are not looking to screw you . In fact they are super appreciative because you are doing them a big favor . They are almost 100% willing to tip . You can take the longest route with no complaints , in fact I use Waze and I update the route to lengthen it as I go . There are no passenger noises , smells or problems .

As to them denying the ride , confirm the passengers name . you are picking them up at the address they supplied Uber . You are driving to a point that Uber has supplied you . They are tracking the ride . If the fare gets adjusted act as you would with any other adjusted fare . Call and speak to a human being . Explain that you did confirm the passengers name and you took them to their destination . You will get screwed on some of the mileage because they will recalculate based on the most efficient route but you will be paid . But of all the risks involved in accepting any ride this one is a no brainer . These people are grateful .

The tip and the DFs back completely cover the actual costs , as opposed to missed opportunity costs associated with the dead miles back .

NJKing

I would have done it. I once took 45min+ trip from Rahway to a house in Rivervale. An paycheck envelope from some parking lot to a construction worker at a house being renovated. Somehow trip took extra 40 minutes without any traffic. It was most relaxing trip with multiple stops and music blasting. I got $5 tips too.

DerBundes

$5 taking the back roads, as in Routes 30 or 340 East, right? You know how much gas you'll burn doing that?! I would've done it for $500 cash, just to cover gas/tolls and chill with the Lower Susquehanna family.

Uber burn in hell

I try for 40 a week.

Oh I had that happen, Uber will send you a message and automatically take that fare from you. Too bad for the GQ who try to pull that off I had her on tape. She got in my car sat behind me, never said a word, put on a big set of head phones. Drop her off. I sent Uber a message swaying I have have her on two separate camera angles as well as the coordinates to the address as evidence and that she was lying. They immediately refunded the fare to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.