2 Minute Timeout

UberThisMK

I just got a 2 minute timeout from Uber after ignoring 2 pings in a row. I'm very familiar with the 4 minute punishment for skipping 3 pings in a row. I get at least 3 of these per day. But this 2 for 2 timeout is a new one for me. Has anyone else seen this?

Optimus Uber

I just got a 2 minute timeout from Uber after ignoring 2 pings in a row. I'm very familiar with the 4 minute punishment for skipping 3 pings in a row. I get at least 3 of these per day. But this 2 for 2 timeout is a new one for me. Has anyone else seen this?
Mine still come up as 4 minute.

If they've changed it, possible because 4 minutes is too long for you to get back on and pick up the ping again hah.

My personal opinion is the time out actually does more harm to Ubers passengers than to the drivers. All it does is take more cars offline and help increase demand, which in turn will make surge higher.

They think they're punishing the driver but they're only making it worse for the passengers as in high surge times there aren't cars to begin with.

UberThisMK

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mine still come up as 4 minute.

If they've changed it, possible because 4 minutes is too long for you to get back on and pick up the ping again hah.

My personal opinion is the time out actually does more harm to Ubers passengers than to the drivers. All it does is take more cars offline and help increase demand, which in turn will make surge higher.

They think they're punishing the driver but they're only making it worse for the passengers as in high surge times there aren't cars to begin with.
I agree. Sometimes if I have already skipped 2 requests I will deliberately skip a third one so they give me a timeout. That way I will be ready for the surge after the timeout is over. I can go back online with a clean slate.

mandreyka

One time I got timed out and got a decent Lyft plus ping. Thanks uber.

Another time after the 4 minutes was up I got a nice surge ride. Thanks Uber