$2 cancellation fee?

O-Side Uber

I accepted a Lyft ride that was quoted as 9 minute pick-up time, 3 miles away. It was on my way home so I took it. I was on the fwy when I accepted , it was almost 5 pm and traffic was heavy. Well, 8 minutes into the pick-up, when I reach her exit.. she cancels.

I look and Lyft shows $0.00 for a cancel fee. A note saying my eta was later than the pax was quoted at, so no cancel fee for me. How can Lyft not know that I’m sitting in traffic on the damn fwy?? How is that my fault?

I immediately hit “issue with cancellation fee”, and I get this. $2 cancellation fee. What the H???? How does the pax get away with that at 5pm rush hour? If I was driving away from my house I would’ve been even more upset.
E2D2B708-D744-4553-A1A5-84A36326D0FE.png

O-Side Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lyft was quite inaccurate with ETA’s today. All the rides I accepted were at least a few minutes further than they were quoted at.

I cancelled on a pick-up today that was supposed to be 9 minutes, but I decided to abort after 10 minutes. I took a look at where I was and how bad the traffic had gotten. In reality this pick-up was more like 25 min not 9.

Lyft can’t blame the driver for a bad passenger experience due to long pick-up cancellations . Be honest with the drivers on eta and trip details. I don’t believe that most drivers would ignore short trips if they had the details . If I’m close enough, I’ll take it. Some of those tip $3. But lying to us and hiding trip details has to stop.

If I knew where that ride was going , it may have been worth the 25 min in traffic... but shared ride? I’m guessing it was a $3 to $5 dollar ride. Not worth my time in traffic.

radikia

My favorite is the cancellation after I tap the "I have arrived" button . How the FAQ do I not get a cancellation fee after I have arrived ? Like I am FAQing here right the FAQ now !!!!!!!!!!

Cassiopeia

Love how they call it a bonus!
Post automatically merged:

Lyft was quite inaccurate with ETA’s today. All the rides I accepted were at least a few minutes further than they were quoted at.
I am noticing this too >>>> Ping request says 5 minutes, hit accept and Google maps opens up showing 8 mins.

tmofog

I accepted a Lyft ride that was quoted as 9 minute pick-up time, 3 miles away. It was on my way home so I took it. I was on the fwy when I accepted , it was almost 5 pm and traffic was heavy. Well, 8 minutes into the pick-up, when I reach her exit.. she cancels.

I look and Lyft shows $0.00 for a cancel fee. A note saying my eta was later than the pax was quoted at, so no cancel fee for me. How can Lyft not know that I’m sitting in traffic on the damn fwy?? How is that my fault?

I immediately hit “issue with cancellation fee”, and I get this. $2 cancellation fee. What the H???? How does the pax get away with that at 5pm rush hour? If I was driving away from my house I would’ve been even more upset. View attachment 362823
The only way to rectify this is to shuffle on an innocent passenger and collect $5. Then let Lyft deal with the angry passenger. An eye for an eye.

O-Side Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only way to rectify this is to shuffle on an innocent passenger and collect $5. Then let Lyft deal with the angry passenger. An eye for an eye.

Yeah someone else mentioned that too...
You’ll read things I type in this forum that make me sound like a jerk , especially if I’m in a bad mood or feeling snarky. In reality, I only ever hurt those that deserve it and have it coming . I’m not into punishing the wrong people .

I tied up Lyft’s customer service agent for 30 minutes and then informed them I am no longer working high traffic times because they don’t have my back when stupid pax decide to cancel 4 minutes later. That’s it. They have a log of my comments.

Maybe one day down the road they can say, “ we hear you and we’re making changes . If a pax cancels after 2 minutes when you have been trying to reach them it horrid traffic, we will fine their punk asses.. $5 dollars, for real this time!!”

tmofog

Yeah someone else mentioned that too...
You’ll read things I type in this forum that make me sound like a jerk , especially if I’m in a bad mood or feeling snarky. In reality, I only ever hurt those that deserve it and have it coming . I’m not into punishing the wrong people .

I tied up Lyft’s customer service agent for 30 minutes and then informed them I am no longer working high traffic times because they don’t have my back when stupid pax decide to cancel 4 minutes later. That’s it. They have a log of my comments.

Maybe one day down the road they can say, “ we hear you and we’re making changes . If a pax cancels after 2 minutes when you have been trying to reach them it horrid traffic, we will fine their punk asses.. $5 dollars, for real this time!!”
To clarify, I would never shuffle on a perfect, "toes to the curb" passenger. What I meant is when it's busy and you DON'T get paid the cancellation fee, that's usually the sign of a bad day. My tolerance level of BS from pax just went down the drain. So the next passenger that makes me wait 3+ minutes or puts the pin incorrectly will get a No Show and I get the $5 that way. Why go the "extra mile" after Lyft and a pax screwed you?

oishiin driving

This is so wrong. They know what they are doing and getting away with it.
I had a similar situation the other day. Ride was scheduled, I arrived late because of traffic, pax already left, I waited the 5 mins, and no fee for no show, showing as ineligible because I was late for the scheduled ride.
Mind you I did not elect it earlier, Lyft sent me there at the last moment, so it was impossible for me to even make it on time.
I contact support and ask for scheduled no show fee, and she argues with me for half an hour that this wasn’t a scheduled ride, when it was. She issued $5 instead immediately but kept denying this was scheduled.
The message I received in the app thisscheduled ride wasn’t eligible for $10 fee because my ETA was late.
The rep argued this wasn’t scheduled.
Obviously lying. They are actually trained to lie, because what incentive is there for a regular rep to deny facts and not want to issue due fees??

Our time is completely ignored, drivers disrespected, and exploited.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

"When someone tells you who they are, believe them". - Dr. Phill?

"When Lyft shows you how it works, believe them". - Me

When Lyft shows you the situations in which you were going to get screwed, then don't accept a ride in those situations.

It's a different situation but I had one where I let a rider into the car with a plate full of food assuming she was going to wait till she got to her destination to eat it. [I know, stupid me] I started the ride and she started eating and I canceled. Lyft Support: "You started the ride, no cancellation fee for you!". My take away? Next time, before I start a ride, if I have any suspicions about the riders behavior I'm going to refuse the ride and get the cancellation fee. Lyft taught me that. Thanks Lyft.