• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

2 Articles today about drivers at Reagan Airport going offline as a group to create surge

ibeam23

Except remember....Uber makes more money as well. Thinking that Uber and Lyft aren’t aware this is, and has been going on, is a little naive.
Me naive? lol

I think you misunderstood. The airport will still surge but drivers won’t see any of it. As we all know, Uber likes to punish.

TBNexCHaQ8jrSFTc2JsP

The key to airport trips is CALLING FIRST and asking if they would rather pay cash.
Let me give you an example:

You get a request for a 45+ minute trip.
80% of those requests are to the airport.
Ask them how much Uber's charging and offer to charge them 10% less in cash.
60% of passengers will agree.
30% would take the offer but can only pay by by card (so make sure you order a Square/PayPal card reader if you're that motivated)
10% will say no.

Learn how to OPEN YOUR MOUTH and talk to people. That's why most Uber drivers can't last even 1 year because they don't know how to use COMMON SENSE. Uber is an illegal business so every chance you get to bypass the middle man, TAKE IT! If you see someone walking in the street open your mouth and ask them if they need a ride. Most of the time they will take you up on the offer. That's what Uber did, they just tricked you into doing it for them -- so use yourself too you idiots lol.

Bork_Bork_Bork

The key to airport trips is CALLING FIRST and asking if they would rather pay cash.

30% would take the offer but can only pay by by card (so make sure you order a Square/PayPal card reader if you're that motivated)
10% will say no.

Learn how to OPEN YOUR MOUTH and talk to people. That's why most Uber drivers can't last even 1 year because they don't know how to use COMMON SENSE. Uber is an illegal business so every chance you get to bypass the middle man, TAKE IT! If you see someone walking in the street open your mouth and ask them if they need a ride. Most of the time they will take you up on the offer. That's what Uber did, they just tricked you into doing it for them -- so use yourself too you idiots lol.
There is absolutely no way to spin that as being legal.

TBNexCHaQ8jrSFTc2JsP

There is. In fact two companies figured it out and are trading publicly.

There is absolutely no way to spin that as being legal.
Post automatically merged:

Let me teach you people another trick.

2AM.

Go to any bar.

Have your Lyft light on and pretend you're waiting for a passenger.

Drunks will walk up to your car and beg you to take them because it's surging.

Tell them you can't because if you cancel you'll get in trouble with your Master...

then with a whimsical laugh, tell them, "You know what.. if you can pay cash I'll take you."

They get in the car, they give you the location, they give you cash, you drop them off.

Smile, you just scammed the scammer trying to pimp you to get them money.

The hardest thing for a prostitute to come to terms with is that they're being prostituted... THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE! PIMP YOURSELF, DON'T BE PIMPED BY UBER AND LYFT!

Last edited:

Bork_Bork_Bork

2AM.

Go to any bar.

Tell them you can't because if you cancel you'll get in trouble with your Master...

then with a whimsical laugh, tell them, "You know what.. if you can pay cash I'll take you."

They get in the car, they give you the location, they give you cash, you drop them off.

The hardest thing for a prostitute to come to terms with is that they're being prostituted... THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE! PIMP YOURSELF, DON'T BE PIMPED BY UBER AND LYFT!

Sorry, I’m a lot of things.....criminal isn’t one of them.

Bork_Bork_Bork

You sure are a lot of things... including in denial.
Lol, I’m not in denial about anything. Including spinning criminal acts being committed by anyone but a criminal.

Uber can put surge on the pax and not pay it to the driver.
Didn’t say they couldn’t. All I said is Uber/Lyft know that drivers are doing this. Just exactly like they know the vast majority of drivers pick up kids, and no car seats. They profit, while having plausible deniability.

jason8981

2AM.

Go to any bar.

And when that passengers pukes in your car and you have no course of this action you’ll realize what a mistake that was!

Oh yeah illegal too. I think a family in South Carolina would tell you the same!

Bork_Bork_Bork

And when that passengers pukes in your car and you have no course of this action you’ll realize what a mistake that was!

Oh yeah illegal too. I think a family in South Carolina would tell you the same!
Be a whole lot worse when you get in a wreck and no one is insuring you.

FlyingFortress

Author

10% will say no.

That’s brilliant and I agree. But I’m thinking that the fastest way to get deactivated for life is to get written up for doing cash business around da man. What if the PAX calls to complain? Even after the fact?

TheNJBen

I really don’t understand the prostitution correlation. By that argument any employment is equivalent to prostitution. What you are is a illegal cab, which is illegal everywhere. Even when Uber was illegal they had insurance for when you were on a trip. As a illegal cab you have none and in the end you are the only one who will be sued. Once your assets are liquidated to pay off the judgement (which is legal in NJ and the sheriff will have no problem selling off everything you own and repeatedly sucking your bank account dry and god-forbid anyone dies in an accident that happened while performing an illegal act the lack of money or assets will be the least of your issues. You will be charged with some form of homicide.

Drew96

I really don’t understand the prostitution correlation. By that argument any employment is equivalent to prostitution. What you are is a illegal cab, which is illegal everywhere. Even when Uber was illegal they had insurance for when you were on a trip. As a illegal cab you have none and in the end you are the only one who will be sued. Once your assets are liquidated to pay off the judgement (which is legal in NJ and the sheriff will have no problem selling off everything you own and repeatedly sucking your bank account dry and god-forbid anyone dies in an accident that happened while performing an illegal act the lack of money or assets will be the least of your issues. You will be charged with some form of homicide.
The responses here are quick and precise.

But I must admit, the trolling by this guy was great.