Uber Drivers Forum banner

2 arrested in multiple kidnappings and carjackings of U/L drivers

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  ntcindetroit 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Everyone needs to read that link. At the bottom.

U/L staff members are working 24/7 for emergencies?
Drivers should call 911 then call luber emergency?

No time to call anyone ? WTF? Be prepared. Heres your 911 dirtbag M F ers. Don't play with the 313 drivers. We're going down swinging.

What they did get right was the very last sentence.
"Accepting fares is optional, so drivers should think twice about fares late at night, especially if the RIDER is new to the system" (shortened)

That is spot on. BEWARE of 5.0 riders. YOU are the 50 in this situation.

#19 ·
Everyone needs to read that link. At the bottom.

U/L staff members are working 24/7 for emergencies?
Drivers should call 911 then call luber emergency?

No time to call anyone ? WTF? Be prepared. Heres your 911 dirtbag M F ers. Don't play with the 313 drivers. We're going down swinging.

What they did get right was the very last sentence.
"Accepting fares is optional, so drivers should think twice about fares late at night, especially if the RIDER is new to the system" (shortened)

That is spot on. BEWARE of 5.0 riders. YOU are the 50 in this situation.
Umh...uh...you 313 drivers are not to be trifled with :eek:

Court records show a gun was pulled out and put in the driver's mouth. He was ordered to call a friend to bring $1,500 or be killed, according to authorities.

The Uber driver grabbed the gun and tried to shoot his kidnappers, but it didn't fire. He escaped, but his car was stolen, officials said.

This exact thing happened to me when the woman didn't have a child seat. Couldn't work for 24 hours bc I was racist. Utter bs.
Genuinely curious. Had you started trip, or was she able to 'report' you even though it was a Cancel? Thanks

#10 ·
Uber says accepting fares is optional? ROTFLMAO

"Accepting fares is optional, so the companies said drivers should think twice about fares late at night in isolated areas or intersections, especially if the rider is new to the system."

This is comforting.
Then, get accused of being racist and then deactivated? This is why I cling to the northernmost part of my town and when I end up in sketchyville, I turn my app off and escape!

#14 ·
BUSTED !

Wooo Hooo !

Book em Danno !

"Accepting fares is optional, so the companies said drivers should think twice about fares late at night in isolated areas or intersections, especially if the rider is new to the system."

This is comforting.
Next week

" CAR JACKERS WITH SERVICE DOGS "!

Pick them up or ELSE !

Glad that they were caught; I hope that the drivers are recuperating.

View attachment 230676
Dreads has a Purty Mouth.

They gonna like him in Prison !

Fast n Furious. . . . .

Attachments

#22 ·
How many drivers were robbed just in one night? Can't imagine they happened one after another. Great Detroit Ridesharing!

How many drivers were robbed just in one night? Can't imagine they happened one after another. Great Detroit Ridesharing!
First learned in Kalamazoo, Now it hit home in Detroit?

Do they just keep dispatching drivers to be robbed one after another? What kind of technology is that?

#23 ·
Along with the rider's star rating Uber needs to put how many total rides that rating is based off of underneath it. I don't understand why this isn't already incorporated. If someone is a 5.0 Star rated customer with 25 rides under their belt I doubt that they'll rob and carjack me because they seem to have a real active account.

This will actually help us Drivers on other issues like picking up low rated PAX. If someone has a 4.3 rating but only has 6 rides one can assume that they only had one bad experience and it may or may not even been their fault. If someone has a 4.2 rating with 100 rides then I can accurately gauge what kind of ride I am attempting to accept or decline.

Riders are privy to all of our information we should at least be told how many total rides they have. New Orleans has several sketchy areas. If I happen to be in one and I get a 5.0 rated PAX late at night it is an instant decline for me.

#24 ·
http://nbc25news.com/news/local/four-county-police-chase-ends-with-two-arrests
So, Is the robbery happened two years ago? The news wasn't clear whether it's a recent event stories or not, but the two men had news coverage since 2016.

Luckily, they were not arrested in Detroit but 100 miles away by MSP with pit maneuver and drones after another robbery to a woman.

Did Uber and Lyft report the incidents to authorities instantly after the robbery and carjacking? Did Uber send three drivers to them one after another to be robbed?

Is that called negligent driving or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.