$2-4 Scheduled Pickups on Lyft

tcc83

How do those work? Every time I go to that section of the app it says none are available. Watch it like a hawk?

TNCMinWage

I purposely accept these in advance and then keep my app off when it’s time for the ride.
Do these cheap pax really think a driver purposely accepts a $4 scheduled ride? They are just getting lucky when the ping finally goes out during ride time. Can’t believe there’s no min dare requirement on a scheduled ride, it’s so stupid.

TNCMinWage

Min fare is $3 as far as I know. Not sure where the $2 thing comes from but assume that fare is a $3. Usually the low to midpoint in their range is the actual net you would get. It’s never the top end.

TNCMinWage

that "app off" time is an opportunity cost (opportunity of better paying trips), so scheduled pickups should pay the driver more.
Agreed 100%. Lyft leaves money in the table for them and drivers by not charging extra for this.
By leaving my app of - I was referring to I won’t accept the scheduled ride once it pings me if it was a min fare ride. I’ll have my other apps on to accept rides. But I do this just to hopefully tick off the Lyft pax that scheduled the short ride.

El Gato

On this topic I have seen lots of rumblings on the Lyft fb page about the "better driver" message and rides being cancelled by Lyft while drivers are in route and given to other pax due other drivers being closer. Any discussion thoughts here on that?

tcc83

With work being out (school related) I started trolling the lyft scheduled pick ups and a nice $35 one popped up with a pick up location very close to my house. When I click on it nothing happens. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work, including deleting the app and re-downloading it. The rest of the app functions fine. Any advice? Iphone 5 if it matters.

Someone else might have snatched it up. Ones for that dollar amount will go very quickly. Just keep checking and eventually you will snag one.

Heelz Angel

Agreed 100%. Lyft leaves money in the table for them and drivers by not charging extra for this.
By leaving my app of - I was referring to I won’t accept the scheduled ride once it pings me if it was a min fare ride. I’ll have my other apps on to accept rides. But I do this just to hopefully tick off the Lyft pax that scheduled the short ride.

thats evil, maybe you shouldnt be a driver,

Yankee

Last night I gave a ride to a guy who works in the Lyft office. He was pretty cool, and told me (about the scheduled pick up thing) "disregard it." He said, "ignore it completely, it doesn't work." He told me its a bust, as are most things Lyft rolls out initially. His advice is to wait a good 6 months before trying anything new they roll out.

Cool you can keep leaving the airport runs in from the burbs for the rest of us.

How is it broken? I can grab or ignore when I see them.

Waffles

On this topic I have seen lots of rumblings on the Lyft fb page about the "better driver" message and rides being cancelled by Lyft while drivers are in route and given to other pax due other drivers being closer. Any discussion thoughts here on that?

Lyft pings 2 drivers to most pickups. It's their dirty secret.

Also, Lyft pings do not go to the closest driver but the one who has been a while since last ping.